Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
losinghope

Can you have rosacea in places other than your face?

my arms sometimes get a reddish rash look to them. and my hands sometimes get red. i get red blotchy spots on my chest too. if i get pinched or slapped or bumped on my arm, back, chest, itll get really red and stay red for a long time - i hate that!

is that rosacea too? would normal facial rosacea treatments help with body rosacea or do you need to approach them differently?

all my siblings dont have face rosacea, im the only one, and im also the only one who has redness on my body too. so it cant just be the way my skin is due to hereditary like ive been told.

Rosacea is from genetics. A lot of people have rosacea but none of their brothers or sisters have it. Kind of like down syndrome is from genetics, but sometimes the parents who produced a baby with down syndrome can also produce a completely healthy baby. You never know what card the gene pool will deal you.

Rosacea only affects the face or areas near the face. Sometimes when people flush their necks and chest can flush. The symptoms you're describing I believe are just due to sensitive skin. I'm like that too. If people touch me in certain places my skin turns bright red.

Rosacea is from genetics. A lot of people have rosacea but none of their brothers or sisters have it. Kind of like down syndrome is from genetics, but sometimes the parents who produced a baby with down syndrome can also produce a completely healthy baby. You never know what card the gene pool will deal you.

Rosacea only affects the face or areas near the face. Sometimes when people flush their necks and chest can flush. The symptoms you're describing I believe are just due to sensitive skin. I'm like that too. If people touch me in certain places my skin turns bright red.

ah i see...thanks.

so if i treat my rosacea, itll only help my face. i guess theres nothing i can do for the sensitive skin induced redness then, if its just the way my skin is. :(

You can start using all products for sensitive skin, if you're not already. I use Dove sensitive skin bars to wash my body with. And cetaphil lotion for my body if I need it. For my face I wash with Eucerin aquaphor baby wash. Just to give you an example of products for sensitive skin. Also, you might need to use different laundry detergent.

my arms sometimes get a reddish rash look to them. and my hands sometimes get red. i get red blotchy spots on my chest too. if i get pinched or slapped or bumped on my arm, back, chest, itll get really red and stay red for a long time - i hate that!

is that rosacea too? would normal facial rosacea treatments help with body rosacea or do you need to approach them differently?

all my siblings dont have face rosacea, im the only one, and im also the only one who has redness on my body too. so it cant just be the way my skin is due to hereditary like ive been told.

Rosacea is confined to the face and sometimes to the neck.

Your description suggests that you have some form of eczema or are allergic to something. There are multiple subtypes of eczema and eczema is easily treated. If you are allergic to something that would become apparent via a visit to a doctor. You should consult a dermatologist or your GP/internist, and not teenagers on a forum about acne.

sounds like eczema

it can be treated quickly

if you get a proper diagnosis

HC at 1 percent helped me in about 6 days