Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewAge

My Accutane Log

i don't post a lot lol since i finished with roaccutane..... skin is awesome now :D lol. but i thought i'd show my support. :) don't expect so much so fast from it but it does work wonders and remember that even after you've finished it still heals up and carries on working... lol. you are on quite a high dosage though so i would expect you'd experience an initial break out but i'm sure you'll get amazing results! *cross fingers!*

are you taking any vitamins? i found C/E helped loads and omega 3 oil i think i took aswell which really helped with the sore bones. i'm sure you've probs been told all this! lol. but just relaaaax don't work out too hard and don't drink too much etc etc... lol.

all in all good luck!

i don't post a lot lol since i finished with roaccutane..... skin is awesome now :D lol. but i thought i'd show my support. :) don't expect so much so fast from it but it does work wonders and remember that even after you've finished it still heals up and carries on working... lol. you are on quite a high dosage though so i would expect you'd experience an initial break out but i'm sure you'll get amazing results! *cross fingers!*

are you taking any vitamins? i found C/E helped loads and omega 3 oil i think i took aswell which really helped with the sore bones. i'm sure you've probs been told all this! lol. but just relaaaax don't work out too hard and don't drink too much etc etc... lol.

all in all good luck!

When washing my hands last night, I noticed a strange rash on my hand. Nothing major, but I'm almost positive it's a side-effect of the Accutane.

NewAge

Thanks for stopping by, Platinum. The rash on the back of my hand has faded into the oblivion. It wasn't anything major to begin with - just extreme dryness.

Day 9:

Took AM pill with breakfast. My back is in a full-fledged IB, but I can tell that this is indicative of the end for acne on my back. As strange as this may sound, Accutane is similar Exlax for the skin. It flushes out all the bacteria at once so it doesn't torment you over time. I suppose my face didn't need as much "flushing." A few bumps turned into blemishes in the past few days, but now they're gone. I'm happy to report I still have no actives on my face! I also noticed that the texture of my skin feels and looks marvelous.

Quick update: I just got done taking my PM pill and I believe I'm starting to experience the IB on my face - before it was essentially on my back (which is now cooling down). I guess this shows progress in a way.

Oh yeah, and I really need to pick up something for my lips. They're so dry they crack when I open my mouth.

Total Amount in Body: 720mg

Day 10:

Double digits already! Took AM pill awhile ago. Lips are extremely dry - still going through the IB (in all areas now).

Took PM pill. The IB I'm having is fairly severe. The dry lips are a pain as well. Other than these two things, I'm doing well.

Total Amount in Body: 800mg

Took PM pill. The IB I'm having is fairly severe. The dry lips are a pain as well. Other than these two things, I'm doing well.

I just completed my 11 day taking 80mg/day and my IB is really bad too. Funny at first I was getting good results, then the IB just kicked in. For your lips, use carmex!! I believe its the best because it last a long time on your lips. Good luck!

Took evening pill. Nothing new since the last time I updated.

Total Amount in Body: 880mg

Instead of updating twice daily, I'm only going to update this once at noon or so. The Accutane totals are including the PM dose.

Day 12:

Hopefully this will be the last day of my IB. The extremely dry lips I had are now under control thanks to some ChapStick. Joint pain was really evident yesterday, but I'm still going to try to work out today.

Isotretinoin in Body: 960mg

See you guys tomorrow.

NewAge

Hey man... i hope your IB do cool down, dont you just hate them!!! ummm but they usually lasted long depending on how your body react to the medicine.. mine lasted 3-4 months... so yeh... poor me!! anyways all the best dude...

New Age,

Good to see you got the accutane you were hoping for. How was your acne when you went in for your derm appointment? Also, what did you say to your derm to give you accutane?

I have an appointment next week, and Im going to push my derm to give me accutane. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck with the Accutane.

New Age,

Good to see you got the accutane you were hoping for. How was your acne when you went in for your derm appointment? Also, what did you say to your derm to give you accutane?

I have an appointment next week, and Im going to push my derm to give me accutane. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck with the Accutane.

Day 14/Week 2:

Good news - I believe the IB has ended. Overall, my skin is looking fairly good, albeit a tad flaky. Side-effects are almost non-existent, aside from dryness.

Face: Great

Back: Still going through/recovering from the IB

Isotretinoin in Body: 1120mg

Day 15:

Just a quick update today...

Face: Great - pretty sure the IB is over

Back: Still recovering from the relatively bad IB that occurred on my back

Isotretinoin in Body: 1200mg

i finished my first treatment on febraury 16th of this year and my face is improving still but i wanna know whether i continue using a facewash or just leave it to heal on its own. how many ppl continued using a facewash after accutane and it had no problem?

Day 21/Week 3:

I've been without Internet for awhile, consequently disabling me to update this log. Six days have passed since I've last posted and I'm still going through the IB, both on my back and face. I pray that this will be the final week of this, and I'd appreciate any support I can get.

Isotretinoin in Body: 1680mg

Just wishing you good luck on your course. I too am on 80mg a day and I hope I'm getting over the IB(I hope/pray because I go back to school in 3 days), which sucked. I hope for you it isn't near as bad as mine (I've never broken out like it in my life :(). Anyway good luck and I'll keep an eye on your progress seeing we aren't too far apart on our courses.

If I could make the IB go quicker I would...since 6pm my body's been itching ALL over! crazy! arrgh...

We can do this!! Hang in there! Just a bit longer and I truly believe that the worst will be over!!!

Adios!

-Flor

@ //S4 and TucsonDixie: Thanks a lot, guys. I, too, hope it will go by fast.

Day 22:

Face: Healing, but still not able to go outside. :(

Back: Possibly the worst it's ever been. Any tips on killing off the IB?

Isotretinoin in Body: 1760mg

Day 23:

Face: Improving, but still getting over the IB.

Back: Healing from IB.

Other: I got a small blemish on the front-side of my neck. I've never gotten anything here before, so I guess it's just the Accutane doing its job by removing everything.

Isotretinoin in Body: 1840mg