Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
answerme

TO THOSE WHO WERE/ARE ON ACCUTANE

accutane & depression  

110 members have voted

1. 1. before you started the course, were you aware that accutane was possibly linked to depression?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. during the course, have you experienced bouts of depression which you consider UNUSUAL or abnormally severe for you?

• YES (and i answered YES to the previous question)
    • NO (and i answered YES to the previous question)
    • YES (and i answered NO to the previous question)
    • NO (and i answered NO to the previous question)

so tired of all this accutane= depression bullshit -_-

why? it isn't BS. it's a side effect of accutane that many people get. i didn't though. but I have been a bit more emotional than usual, as many people on accutane are.

why? it isn't BS. it's a side effect of accutane that many people get. i didn't though. but I have been a bit more emotional than usual, as many people on accutane are.

I answered YES to the first questions and NO to the second.

I was on anti-Ds the first time I was on tane and my DR and derm just said to report any ill feelings, which I did not have. now, this second time, I am NOT on anti-Ds and am also fine...so far...But I've been really feeling well the pat year so I don't anticipate problems.

I answered yes to both. I do believe it brings depression. Just because some of you didn't feel depressed or sad while on it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

For those new users that only have been on it for a month and feel happy , i too felt happy like you and i'm sure if you check back on the other's accutane logs, same for them. But as the months go on everything changes. Why would Derms ask on every visit questions about depression? They know alot more about the drug than you do.

Absolute moron!!

Have you ever been around the world, if not how do you know it's round?

Have you ever been on the moon, if not how do you know it's there?

Have you ever run 100m in 10seconds, if not do you think it's impossible?

Can you do massive calculations in your head, if not does that mean they can't be done?

Have you ever had cancer?

Have you ever been addicted to anything?

Have you ever broken a bone?

Have you ever been in love?

Point I'm making is because it hasn't happened to you (yet, doesn't mean it won't though) doesn't mean it hasn't and is happening to someone else. That's a massively narrow minded way of looking at things and you're actually dismissing a hell of a lot of people on this board by saying it's bullshit.

Maybe you don't quite get what this board is about, for me at least it is a place where people who struggle with acne in various forms can discuss medications and methods and talk about any problems they have and issues that arise. Whether that be dry skin, redness, cysts or accutane depression, this board is here for people to discuss it and find comfort and help in others advice, not for people to come on saying everything they haven't experienced is bullshit!!

Not being harsh mate but if you think it's bullshit fine, I respect that and your right to that opinion, but keep it to yourself, you don't have to come in here saying it's bullshit and you're sick of it. If you're sick of it, don't read it!!

Rant over, apologies

The Taff

Absolute moron!!

Have you ever been around the world, if not how do you know it's round?

Have you ever been on the moon, if not how do you know it's there?

Have you ever run 100m in 10seconds, if not do you think it's impossible?

Can you do massive calculations in your head, if not does that mean they can't be done?

Have you ever had cancer?

Have you ever been addicted to anything?

Have you ever broken a bone?

Have you ever been in love?

Point I'm making is because it hasn't happened to you (yet, doesn't mean it won't though) doesn't mean it hasn't and is happening to someone else. That's a massively narrow minded way of looking at things and you're actually dismissing a hell of a lot of people on this board by saying it's bullshit.

Maybe you don't quite get what this board is about, for me at least it is a place where people who struggle with acne in various forms can discuss medications and methods and talk about any problems they have and issues that arise. Whether that be dry skin, redness, cysts or accutane depression, this board is here for people to discuss it and find comfort and help in others advice, not for people to come on saying everything they haven't experienced is bullshit!!

Not being harsh mate but if you think it's bullshit fine, I respect that and your right to that opinion, but keep it to yourself, you don't have to come in here saying it's bullshit and you're sick of it. If you're sick of it, don't read it!!

Rant over, apologies

The Taff

Yes (and I answered YES to the previous question). I'm not like that at all but I'm taking an anti-depressant so I feel better while I'm on this.

great response taff. If you don't have a problem with it, just ignore it. If you think its "bs", then ignore it. But to ignore someone saying they have a serious problem such as depression, you are a complete and total ass. You really are. And where are all these studies? and I would like to see one that says they can conclusively say that there is no link. Because I guarantee you can't find one. This is a forum to support members, not minimize serious issues. I have said it before and I will say it again, members who make a joke out of depression issues should get banned.

Thats my rant..