Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krislee

[UPDATE PICS] My Back Acne

Hey all it's been a couple of weeks i think since i posted the old pics but i think my back is looking better in the new ones apart from all the leftover marks that i have. i still have acne or whatever it is on my back and shoulders still but not as bad as it was.

here are new pics

picture026copycw4.jpg

picture029copygz2.jpg

here are old pics

picture002copyhy9.jpg

picture014copyud4.jpg

thats how mine looked... i used head and shoulders classic clean with one percent zinc as a body wash and mine has gotten significantly better in a week and it keeps looking better each day. just shower once or twice a day and do your usual routine, then get a body puff thing with a handle(so you can reach your back) and lather the h&S into it and leave it on your body for a few minutes then rinse off and pat dry with a towel when done. give it a week and you should see some noticeable differences.

PS- dont get a back scrubber with bristles, get one of those girly puff things attached to a handle.

Owwie! That looks painful! That is severe. I think you should talk to your derm about Accutane if the minocycline and evoclin dont work. I took both minocycline and evoclin for the acne on my face and neither one worked.

thank you all for your replies. yea i know i have it bad. i just want it to go away. i am for sure on my next visit to the derma going to ask if i can be put on accutane. i don't want to be on prescribed cleanser and medication for months and months and months without it working and then use accutane and it turns out that is what i needed to use in the first place.

is there any suggestions as to how i should go about asking the derma ? i am afraid he might keep me on stuff that won't work and months down the road finally puts me on accutane. should i just ask 'is there any possibility i can be put on accutane ?' ?

and i might try the head and shoulders thing but it would be nice if i were on accutane

i just asked my derm and she agreed, even though my acne is mild-moderate (face, back, chest, shoulders)

it seems pretty severe, i really dont think antibiotics and cleansers will help, so if your derm says no, find a new one

Accutane. PLEASE, you owe it to yourself. Accutane is really a great medicine for people who have body acne, mainly because it's in pill form and will clear your entire body.

Good luck krislee, if your derm is even vaguely human then I hope they will allow you to fast track.

Have not really got an acne case (touchwood) that requires asking for Accutane, but general advice from other medical experiences would be to say 'dont be afraid to push and make your case strongly' Sometimes it can feel like it's :wall: ...but you know the result will be worth it.

Oh- my- god.

thats so extremely bad dude. I thought I had it bad.

Ive been using head and shoulders classic clean for 3 days, and IT WORKS WONDERS!

in 3 days im about 70 % clear. Also get the intensive care which has 2% zinc instead of 1%

I personally think the three month window your derm gave you to see if the prescriptions work is a little excessive. My doctor has me check back with her after 6-8 weeks for follow-up appointments to see if new medications work. I've taken minocyline before and for me it was not a medication that took a while to kick in. If you are really anxious, my recommendation would be to give it a few more weeks, then go back to the derm if you are not seeing any results.

Yea i have health insurance. Lol I am a dude everyone, sorry if my long hair confused you. I am definately going to go back to the derma soon. It isn't that painful but it is pretty embarassing.

anyone think i could have folliculitis? my chest looks like it has pityrosporum folliculitis on it so maybe my back might have it as well. i mean if i am using anti bacterial stuff it won't have a effect on folliculitis right ? i am going to wash my entire body with head and shoulders for now on and then leave it on at night like i am reading in another topic. i hope it works yet still i am going to go back to the derma soon just to see if i can get on accutane.

I thought mine sucked. im soo sorry that must hurt so much. I never went on accutane but i'll agree with theese people. I hope it gets better

p.s

I have taht camera!

Hi:

I haven't had time to look at the forum in a while...sorry I'm adding my opinion quite a while after this thread was posted.

My husband & I are in our 40's, have seen a lot of allergic reactions in our time. Based on your pics, we don't think you have classic acne. It looks like a type of allergic reaction to us. We also think it's some type of allergy because of the sudden onset of the rash/acne and the itching you had with it.

My husband freaked when he saw your pics. He thinks you should immediately go to another derma for a second opinion. I think you should follow your gut instinct, if you think your derma is on the right track - great. Otherwise, if you don't see improvement of your symptoms pretty quick...really think about finding a different doctor.

Good Luck!

Hi I'm kinda new at this but i'm curious about the Head & Shoulders. Do you just use it as a body wash or do you leave it on?

ahhh a allergic reaction !? maybe i should help clarify where the itchiness might be coming from, after i take showers and wash my back, my back is really dry through out the day (even before using prescribed cleanser and head and shoulders) and i scratch it sometimes b.c it itches some throughout the day. it's not like a thing where my whole back is itching from what's on it, i think it's just from my back being so dry and when my skin moves it gets uncomfortable and feels like an itch.

do you think hot showers are a factor as well? i always take long hot ones

well my back is getting smoother and clearing up of all the bumps i had on my back since i started using head and shoulders a week ago.. but i have a lot of scars on my back. think of a lot (like a lot a lot) of freckles on your back but scars. my shoulders and chest are not really doing anything. i will post another pic up in another week or so.

Hi I'm kinda new at this but i'm curious about the Head & Shoulders. Do you just use it as a body wash or do you leave it on?

thats how mine looked... i used head and shoulders classic clean with one percent zinc as a body wash and mine has gotten significantly better in a week and it keeps looking better each day. just shower once or twice a day and do your usual routine, then get a body puff thing with a handle(so you can reach your back) and lather the h&S into it and leave it on your body for a few minutes then rinse off and pat dry with a towel when done. give it a week and you should see some noticeable differences.

PS- dont get a back scrubber with bristles, get one of those girly puff things attached to a handle.