Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mza

flushing in social situations

I went on accutane and during my course, I started to develop flushing whenever I got even slightly self conscious. So say I was on the train and I thought I saw out of the corner of my eye someone looking at me, my face would start to burn and go really red. I came off accutane because it was so bad, but that was September 23rd (exactly 5 months ago). The flushing isnt bad at all now, and Im more comfortable in certain social situations, but I still occasionally go red on the train, or if I exercise etc. Things I never used to go red for before I was on accutane. For some reason its at its worst if I am sitting down. If Im standing up the blood doesnt seem to rush to my face as quickly and so I can keep it under control. Also, its not so bad if there is fresh air on my face i.e if I am outside. So of course sitting down on the train is the worst because its stale air and Im sitting down.

My question is do u think this will be permanent now? Because I havent noticed much change in the last 2 months or so. Or will it die down even more if I give it more time? Its not as bad as it was, but its still pretty bad and very annoying.

Sorry if the post is a bit jumbled up!

Score one more point for accutane.

There's no telling if it will be permanent.. I hope it won't be though.

I'm not on accutane, but I get this too. It's been really bad recently. I don't usually get nervous in social situations but even the smallest things like walking into school and going to class causes my face and chest to get really really red, especially if people are looking at me. It sucks.

accutane gave me that shit too bro and i still have it over a year off it. but hey, no acne at all and somedays my face tone will look pretty normal, or if i do alot of running or something it will look pretty good

flushing sucks.

I've been off accutane for about a year and a half and I still flush. My acne has started to come back tho, so my derm is putting me back on accutane. Hopefully it will finally elimnate the acne and redness this time around.

Yup, exact same thing happens here too. The sitting down thing is the same for me also. I've been off Accutane 6 months now, hoping the flushing will eventually pass. The only advice i could give you is try not to worry about it. I find if i stop stressing about flushing all the time I do actually flush a little less.

the same thing happens to me, and what suck with me is that I have oily skin, and I get hot really fast, so it looks worse like i'm sweaty

I get the exact same thing as described by others on here. One other thing that is different would be the fact that i also get layers of water forming on my nose and upper lip. Awful because it looks like sweat or oil. I've got a derm appointment on Thursday and im gonna ask if i can be put on beta blockers to stop the embarresment. I'm still on accutane however so this may become a problem. I dont care about anything but getting rid of this god awful problem.

I used to have this exact same problem until a couple years ago my doctor put me on Lexapro for the anxiety. I am happy to say I don't have this problem anymore! I just hope maybe that advice can help other people too.

To the OP: do your face and body get really warm as well when you flush? i only ask b/c i've been off accutane for about 25 days now and my face is almost always red. like you said, even the slightest anxiety rush makes me all red. but my face and whole body get's kinda sweaty and the redness doens't go away very fast. sometimes i do feel a tingling feeling in my face, and kind of itchy but it feels more like a quick needle prick.

I'm another one with the exact same problems described by the other people here.... ive been off tane for 2-3 months now and my face goes bright red at even the most slightly embarassing situations....its absolutely horrendous. Made 100 times worse if some fucking arsehole feels the need to point it out to you when it happens. At first it didn't bother me...now i'm afraid to say it is completely fucking with my head and ruining my confidence that i was starting to regain after getting rid of acne.

I often wonder whether the accutane is 100% definetly to blame or has it just randomly started to happen to me? I cant remember it ever happening before tane though....:(

SO.....are there any ways to fix this problem.? It is without a doubt worse than acne to me...:(

I have this same thing, but i found the cause!

CHeck this link out: http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?isbn=030...42&page=140

Make sure to read the second paragraph.

Basically, since iver been taking b5 megadoses, and it has stopped my acne, ive been flushing like crazy. But, its because iver been taking b-complex twice a day, and im getting 1000+mg of niacin per day.

My advice: If you take niacin supplements in any form, try cutting them out for a week and check if theres any difference. Sure was for me :)

Wow accutane causes the problem I have suffered with pretty much my whole life... that effing SUCKS... I have a problem with turning red all the time too... the slightest bit of anxiety, suprise, a compliment, caught off gaurd, I flare up SO red it's crazy. I HATE IT :doubt: I have even looked into gettign surgery to get rid of it... but I cant afford it of course. It's a horrible problem for me and causes me alot of embarrasment... people are like WHY are you turing SO RED???? And I just want to crawl into a hole :cry:

I'm another one with the exact same problems described by the other people here.... ive been off tane for 2-3 months now and my face goes bright red at even the most slightly embarassing situations....its absolutely horrendous. Made 100 times worse if some fucking arsehole feels the need to point it out to you when it happens. At first it didn't bother me...now i'm afraid to say it is completely fucking with my head and ruining my confidence that i was starting to regain after getting rid of acne.

I often wonder whether the accutane is 100% definetly to blame or has it just randomly started to happen to me? I cant remember it ever happening before tane though.... :(

SO.....are there any ways to fix this problem.? It is without a doubt worse than acne to me... :(

yup, i get red...like when i see a cute girl, i start flushing...even if she doesn't see me. I get really red and then its hard to get back to a normal colour...but not only am i red, but i get really really really warm all over...sometimes i get moist by the sweat

Guest Taoro fo Kasoro

I have the same problem. Although I had it before accutane too. :( Im kinda getting better at controlling it, but it still happens a lot.

I often wonder whether the accutane is 100% definetly to blame or has it just randomly started to happen to me? I cant remember it ever happening before tane though.... :(

SO.....are there any ways to fix this problem.? It is without a doubt worse than acne to me... :(

It's worse than acne to me as well. I would give anything to go back in time and stop myself from taking accutane. I believe it is 100 percent to blame, it's happened to so many people here. Never flushed in their life, then they take accutane and suddenly they have this problem.

There are medicines you can take for flushing, like beta-blockers. Look into taking clonidine or propanol.

Wow accutane causes the problem I have suffered with pretty much my whole life... that effing SUCKS... I have a problem with turning red all the time too... the slightest bit of anxiety, suprise, a compliment, caught off gaurd, I flare up SO red it's crazy. I HATE IT :doubt: I have even looked into gettign surgery to get rid of it... but I cant afford it of course. It's a horrible problem for me and causes me alot of embarrasment... people are like WHY are you turing SO RED???? And I just want to crawl into a hole :cry:

I'm still considering ETS surgery, so I know how it feels. Beta-blockers and propanol are supposed to be used to control the blushing, i'm not sure how, but they're medications used for high blood pressure, so I don't know if they're safe or not. I don't think many medications are safe. Look at accutane, look at how many people take it.

Beta Blockers are used to prevent flushing from happening via the common triggers. Getting anxious would be one of the things beta blockers are good at fighting. For the most part some of them "numb" you so that you really don't feel anything for the time the medication is active. These beta blockers are mainly situational at best; such as when you go out in public.

They are used widely for things such as stage fright. Basically they lower heart rate and reduce tremor.

If these things aren't your triggers, then beta blockers probably can't do much for you. Hell, most people don't even know their own triggers!

Beta Blockers are used to prevent flushing from happening via the common triggers. Getting anxious would be one of the things beta blockers are good at fighting. For the most part some of them "numb" you so that you really don't feel anything for the time the medication is active. These beta blockers are mainly situational at best; such as when you go out in public.

They are used widely for things such as stage fright. Basically they lower heart rate and reduce tremor.

If these things aren't your triggers, then beta blockers probably can't do much for you. Hell, most people don't even know their own triggers!

Hmmm interesting, so I would have to get a perscription?