Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Allanaa

Moisturizing & Oily skin

My skin is naturally Oily so I'm somewhat hesitant about using a moisturizer like cetaphil because it comes on really thick and leaves a greasy feeling! Would using something like aloe vera gel be more beneficial in my situation??

I think AVG would be good in your case, but not 100% sure. It's suppose to be the most gentle of moisturizers from what I'm told, not speaking from experience...

You can use Cetaphil, just use a teeny bit of it.

Otherwise, I really like Lac-Hydrin Five (my skin is oily too). I like to sort of thin out my moisturizers by putting a tiny bit in my wet hands and rubbing them together then applying to my face.

i have the same problem as you, and iv posted many topics on the boards and got nothing in terms of a solution to solving my oily skin.

however....:)

i was speaking to a female friend when she randomly says "oh i hate my oily skin"...but she didnt appear to have any, but it turned out she used "Garnier Pure Lng Lasting SHine Control Moisturiser"

so i bought it, and i have to say, it worked (now this is coming from someone which nothing has worked for my oily skin)

its light, feels nice on your face, contains SA/zinc/clay...the clay is what prevents the oil. Plus your skin feels tacky, but doesnt look it. And your skin tingles for about the first hour of application (SA maybe) but its a nice tingling effect lol

try it out :)

edit: btw by moitsurising your skin, it replenishes the moisture lost from cleansing and toning (if you tone that is). So if your cleanser is harsh (which all of them are, despite what the packaging says) its stripping your skin of essential moisture, so your skin will over compensate by producing more sebum.

Obviously dont use a greasy moisturiser after cleansing as that will defeat the object of trying to get a non-oily/matte

i have the same problem as you, and iv posted many topics on the boards and got nothing in terms of a solution to solving my oily skin.

however....:)

i was speaking to a female friend when she randomly says "oh i hate my oily skin"...but she didnt appear to have any, but it turned out she used "Garnier Pure Lng Lasting SHine Control Moisturiser"

so i bought it, and i have to say, it worked (now this is coming from someone which nothing has worked for my oily skin)

its light, feels nice on your face, contains SA/zinc/clay...the clay is what prevents the oil. Plus your skin feels tacky, but doesnt look it. And your skin tingles for about the first hour of application (SA maybe) but its a nice tingling effect lol

try it out :)

edit: btw by moitsurising your skin, it replenishes the moisture lost from cleansing and toning (if you tone that is). So if your cleanser is harsh (which all of them are, despite what the packaging says) its stripping your skin of essential moisture, so your skin will over compensate by producing more sebum.

Obviously dont use a greasy moisturiser after cleansing as that will defeat the object of trying to get a non-oily/matte

alright i guess I'll try the AVG first, as it's the only moisturizing substance that my skin absorbs quickly and then maybe I'll try out the Garnier Pure Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturizer. Thanks for your help !!

So if your cleanser is harsh (which all of them are, despite what the packaging says) its stripping your skin of essential moisture, so your skin will over compensate by producing more sebum.