Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Taking generic walmart fish oil..

Hello :) I am currently taking Walmart (Spring Valley brand) fish oil supplements... does anyone else take that and have it work just the same as say.. Whole foods fish oil supplements? Im also paranoid that the walmart kind could have iodine in them or something..

I used to take it. It didn't mess up my acne or anything, but the stuff is cheap. It's like a mixture of 20 different oils with very low DHA/EPA. When I took 6+ a day, I'd get bloody noses.

You can buy much better stuff online for just a little more money.

I think 6-10 a day is 3-5x what Walmart says to take a day. But even then you only get like 1000 mg of DHA. There's oils out there with a much higher percentage of DHA.

Fish oil slightly thins blood. It may have been synergistic with something else.

:surprised: You got bloody noses from it? Sheesh.. this stuff gets pricey anyways, I think i'll just buy flaxseed oil..

:surprised: You got bloody noses from it? Sheesh.. this stuff gets pricey anyways, I think i'll just buy flaxseed oil..

heyy i take alaskan slalmon and fish oil blend in one.....the brand is health balance and i bought it at costco.....it has omega 3 in it too........i dont think u should be worries about iodine in it...it would say if it had any in it........and by the way i was curious about tea tree oil? do u buy it in a bottle?how much do u use?and how are they affects.

thanks for yout time.

Ty:)

yeah im taking the walmart fish oil too....haven't had a bloody nose or anything like that but still toying with the dosage. Started on Monday, 3 a day, upped it to 4 a day because I still got one pimple even though its already gone away...I seem to have this one pimple on my jaw area when I got home, the redness is kinda there, but its not sensitive at all and the couple zits ive gotten since ive started have been way less inflamed & such than usual and go away way faster than usual...not sure what to make of it yet. I dunno if it means the fish oil is working but i need to up my dosage a little more to completely eliminate the breakouts or what...we'll see with time

but I dont think theres anything wrong with the walmart fish oil...its not premium or anything but its definitely not crap, and it comes at a pretty good price. I still dont know about this dude takin almost 30 a day, but I cant imagine that being necessary and theres no way I can afford that anyways, lol

heyy i take alaskan slalmon and fish oil blend in one.....the brand is health balance and i bought it at costco.....it has omega 3 in it too........i dont think u should be worries about iodine in it...it would say if it had any in it........and by the way i was curious about tea tree oil? do u buy it in a bottle?how much do u use?and how are they affects.

thanks for yout time.

Ty:)

I get 300 count for about 10-15 bucks at sams. the epa + dha = 300. Not much, but a bargain, I just take more of it. I take 6 daily which is 1.8 grams of epa + dha :) Which is a healthy level.

Find out how much epa and dha are on it, and also find out how much omega 3 you get in your diet. See how off you are in your balance, and then take them according to how much you need to get to a 1:1 ratio and you're set and ready to go =)