Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

The Goats Milk Regimen (Canus / ZUM + Complex 15 / Jojoba oil)

Clear,

I used the C15 for 10 days without any problems before starting any of the soaps. It's something in the soaps and the only thing they have in common is the GM. Me and milk just don't mix well...internal & now external.

Saw the movie loved it. Everyone should do it and the people on this website are some of the best at it, with the information and help they provide.

Daz

I used the C15 for 10 days without any problems before starting any of the soaps. It's something in the soaps and the only thing they have in common is the GM. Me and milk just don't mix well...internal & now external.

i hear ya... ah well, it was worth a try. :)

Saw the movie loved it. Everyone should do it and the people on this website are some of the best at it.

totally agree. :D man, you make me wanna go out & do something great for someone.... right now!

just an update for me... today is day #12 back on Canus Unscented + Jojoba oil only, twice per day (no Complex 15 at all) and this morning was the first day i've had in weeks where i woke up with no extreme pain and no itchiness whatsoever on my face. and no new pimples. (there is a little pain in the active pimple i already had.) also, the small sore spot by my nose that i was describing a few days ago has disappeared; i think it was a baby pimple that the jojoba oil kept in check and then eradicated altogether.

anyway, current status is: one semi-small-to-medium pimple forming, and a few others almost healed.

HEY CLEAR....i just got my jojoba oil...gonna try it tonight.....mine is a pretty big bottle....just curious how u apply it since its very liquidy(<--not sure if thats a word lol)....on a cotton ball or just right on your fingertips?..and how mcu do u use

hey Tyguy...

first (and i should've mentioned this before), i use a dropper bottle to dispense the oil. it's MUCH easier that way, since the original jojoba bottle is so messy. i get my empty dropper bottles from Whole Foods for $1.99. you can probably find them at any good health food store (just ask an employee, to save yourself a search).

right now i'm using 4 drops in the daytime (using a blotter sheet about 30 minutes in, if needed; you might just want to use less during the day, b/c it is a little shiny :P), and 6 drops at night. i put the drops into my left palm and keep dipping my right middle finger into the pool of it to apply all over the face... until it's everywhere. then i use a few fingertips of the right hand to smooth it evenly over all the skin. (all this across very damp skin, with visible water on it. not so much water that it's dripping off, though).

Daz, i received a reply from Rikke -- she says she's not interested in the soaps. so i guess they're up for grabs, if anyone else wants them.... :)

ok, any ideas on this would be appreciated....

i don't get many pimples now, but when i do they are extremely painful. they are usually on my forehead and they will hurt just by raising my brows. i've never had this before. any idea?

Clear,

I have someone interested in the canus and will give my Zum bars to a friend. Glad to hear the improvement with your skin...GO JOJOBA!

Kei Fujo - When I was using the GM soaps, I was getting pimples in places where I haven't brokeout since a teenager. I would say that 50% of the pimples I had from GM were larger than normal as well & sore, even some of the small ones hurt. Try spot treating with jojoba oil or sudacrem (there's a thread on these boards somewhere)...both of these methods have helped my skin recover quicker than expected from the GM soaps...still have a small way to go yet though.

Daz

I cannot find either the Canus Soap nor the Jojoba oil..

are you in california? cleardream gets her canus from longs. jojoba oil you can pretty much find at any health food store (like gnc, wild oats, whole foods,) and i think i've even seen it at the grocery store in the natural beauty products section. they don't typically have a lot to choose from, so you kind of have to look for it.

EDIT: new update for me. continued improvement :dance: although i discovered that complex 15 isn't hydrating enough for my skin. i've started using cetaphil (it's not my favorite and i'm looking for a new moisturizer) at night, and i've noticed an improvement, although i hate how cetaphil gets shiny during the day..... yuck.

I cannot find either the Canus Soap nor the Jojoba oil..

are you in california? cleardream gets her canus from longs. jojoba oil you can pretty much find at any health food store (like gnc, wild oats, whole foods,) and i think i've even seen it at the grocery store in the natural beauty products section. they don't typically have a lot to choose from, so you kind of have to look for it.

yup...

• Canus Unscented (green box) - i've found at all Longs Drugs stores i've looked in (3-4 of them at this point). you might need to ask a store employee for the "natural soaps" section though; it can be hidden. :P
  • Desert Essence Organic Jojoba oil - i buy for $6.99 @ Trader Joe's. (it's more like $12-14 anywhere else i've seen it.)
any more questions, just let me know. :)

EDIT: new update for me. continued improvement :dance: although i discovered that complex 15 isn't hydrating enough for my skin. i've started using cetaphil (it's not my favorite and i'm looking for a new moisturizer) at night, and i've noticed an improvement, although i hate how cetaphil gets shiny during the day..... yuck.

fantastic, Lex... yeah... i agree, my C-15 has gone under the cabinet. i might use it on my legs after shaving or something. lately -- in addition to the clearing/smoothing benefits -- i feel like my skin is sort of glowing w/the jojoba oil. (a good glow; not grease glow :D) wow, i'm impressed that you're able to use Cetaphil on your face. that stuff always broke me out. :shrug:

Daz... thanks for letting me know. i hope everyone enjoys the soaps. =]

Well, since starting the witch hazel I am almost 100% clear now. I do have a question though, with summer fast approaching, what do you guys think should be used for sunscreen? My husband does autocross and I am sitting for an entire day usually on blacktop and HAVE HAVE HAVE to wear something or I'll fry. I know on the dkr board a lot of people like the neutrogena dry touch, but I think that's what broke clear out so horribly. So, any ideas?

Well, since starting the witch hazel I am almost 100% clear now. I do have a question though, with summer fast approaching, what do you guys think should be used for sunscreen? My husband does autocross and I am sitting for an entire day usually on blacktop and HAVE HAVE HAVE to wear something or I'll fry. I know on the dkr board a lot of people like the neutrogena dry touch, but I think that's what broke clear out so horribly. So, any ideas?

yes i wanna know this too.

and ok ive been on Canus since Monday (its Friday now) and i guess the pimples i had all over my chin are going down. but dont know if thats on account of canus or time. i do have about 4 bran new red marks.... :doubt:

i did do a bad thing. i was bored out of my mind last night, so i began practicing my mineral makeup application (w/ PF) well... i sorta forgot to take it off before going to sleep. and knowing my luck, that is so gonna come back to bite me in the arse. :lol:

I use the Cetaphil daily moisturizing lotion with SPF 15 for sunscreen if I'm going to be outside for more than 15 minutes of straight sun. But if I knew I was going to be outside all day, I'd wear banana boat sunscreen SPF 45 for babies and I wear a big breezy hat.

fantastic, Lex... yeah... i agree, my C-15 has gone under the cabinet. i might use it on my legs after shaving or something. lately -- in addition to the clearing/smoothing benefits -- i feel like my skin is sort of glowing w/the jojoba oil. (a good glow; not grease glow :D) wow, i'm impressed that you're able to use Cetaphil on your face. that stuff always broke me out. :shrug:

thanks! i'm really surprised i can use cetaphil too because i was worried it would break me out. when i was in vegas, my skin got really dry, and i thought having a couple pimples would be better than flakes, so i kind of slathered it on. (don't know why i was compelled to do this.) anyway, i woke up the next morning with vast improvement and so have continued using it since. it's really only continued to help my skin. i guess i was really dehydrated and never realized it.

i actually got my first skin compliment yesterday!! my skin isn't completely clear yet, but i had a girl at work tell me that my skin was looking better, that it had been dry before but appeared healthier. wow. coming from this particular gal, that really made my day.

Kei - :shock: finally the break you were looking for! wow. that's great news! so did it help w/the bumps too? you've tried ACV in the past before, right? i'm curious, do you prefer this mixture to that? i've tried ACV... didn't really like it. i'm definitely going to have to try this at some point. how long have you been doing it now? and is it daily? :think:

unfortunately i haven't experimented w/sunscreens enough to know if one works for me without problems at all. one thing, Kei - the one that caused my terrible breakout was the DryTouch 55 specifically. before that (and the only reason i'd had the nerve to use it at all) was that i'd been using the DryTouch 30 ("successfully"?) for a few weeks already. meaning i didn't have any horrendous breakouts. which isn't to say i didn't have some pimples. though at the time of the DryTouch30, i think i may even have been on the DKR. i don't quite recall. i do recall liking it (as did a few others). but again, it may have been the BP that kept things in check. anyway, it was after breaking out w/the 55 one after a single day of use that i discovered for the first time (it had never even occurred to me, but since then, i've heard it) that higher SPFs mean a more condensed formula & potential for skin reactions. :shrug:

i like the idea of the baby sunscreen, Spikeyli! i was experimenting w/the Shiseido sunscreen a few months ago and hadn't thought of that. :think: and actually, like you, i've been on the lookout for a great hat. (well, have the thought in my head, but haven't actively searched yet or anything.) i definitely think that's everyone's best bet Kei... i always hear and read that physical (clothing) protection is much more effective than sunscreen/should be the first line of defense. esp. since sunscreen generally doesn't even protect against tanning -- only burning. :doh: but i want one that doesn't make me look old or like British royalty (no offense to any British royalty who may read this :shifty:)... :think:

wow, the Cetaphil thing surprises me - both Lexy & Spikeyli, huh? i love it for my hands overnight (have actually been impressed in the last year with its potency, since i used only the cream for yearssss, and figured the lotion couldn't possibly be as good). it's incredible if i slather it on right before bed. in the morning everything is baby soft. but on my face... never worked out. good for you tho, Lex... i'm glad you can use it, cuz it's absolutely more emollient than C15. and a compliment? how cool. :D

Clear, keep in mind I don't wear sunscreen that often because I'm hardly ever out in the sun (there's a bonus for being an office hermit). So the Cetaphil won't be on me long enough to cause major issues. But still, if I'm going to be out and expose to the sun for more than 15 minutes straight, then I'd wear something. And the Cetaphil daily lotion with SPF 15 really is a good one, I hadn't broken out from using it yet.

I use the baby sunscreen because that's the least likely one to irritate my skin. But still, I prefer to not have to wear anything and just wear a nice big hat. The only problem is most big hats aren't really for every day wear. I love straw hats but they only look appropriate if I'm in the Caribbean or gardening. If I wear it just out and about I'd look silly.

Clear-

I have done acv and I liked it. I've contemplated doing it again. The witch hazel has helped, but I still feel the bumps when I wash. Sometimes using a wash cloth helps, but not always. And when I used acv it seemed to take care of all my "texture" problems. I thought about doing the acv at night and witch hazel in the mornings. And when I used acv I mixed it half with green tea. as far as the sunscreen thing, I've tried hats before and they help, but it tends to reflect off the blacktop or something and I still get burnt. (I'll keep the baby sunscreen in mind spikey!) kinda funny that I go tanning and worry about spf when outside, but I only tan three times a week cause it helps my mood and makes me feel good. Anywho, that's another story!

just updating....been using canus for about a month and a half now...and recently tried jojoba oil...not really the stuff for me....after i used it for 2 nigths i got some new bigger pimples on my forehead...so i think ill throw in the towel on that one....also tried complex 15 before that and had some success....found that even with alittle amount it still was absorbing very well and found my skin still to be oily....i think the main problem i have his oily skin....this is the breakout i have been dealing with for awhile on my forhead (link below)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...i&img=20541

its been like a month and still looks about the same...any suggestions anyone?maybe i should stop canus...and tips would great

thanks as always Ty:)

Hey everyone....just wanted to say hi. I'm also going to try making my own moisturizer. Well, I already made it, but will use it for the first time tonight. I'm not going to say how I made it until I know how my skin reacts. I figure if simplicity is the root of this, can't get much more simple than homemade. I think I'm gonna try the acv again too. I liked it before, and maybe it'll help my bump issues. I'll keep you updated.

hey there guys. just wanted to update you all on how my GMR experience is going. well, as some of you know, after a most malignant breakout i was forced to discontinue the ZUM lavender. well, i've been using Canus for about 3 weeks, if i'm correct, and so far i do have to say that make skin is greatly improved. i don't want to speak too quickly because 3 weeks isn't very long, but yeah all the breakouts are gone and my face is looking much smoother. :)

now, all i have to contend with are my clogged pores. but i'm seeing into making a homemade toner. so hope that works.

p.s. spikeyli, i tried your green tea wash. don't remember exactly when, maybe last week. well, i really liked it. and i think it made have had a great deal to do with those pesky zits subsiding. thanks! ;)