Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

The Goats Milk Regimen (Canus / ZUM + Complex 15 / Jojoba oil)

well im sure the people on this thread appreciated the way you just insulted them and basically said that they brought it on themselves by being "disobedient" and also suggested that they hounded you with demanding pm's and questions.i understand that you were trying to do a good thing but perhaps you should have 1) made sure that it worked long term for someone other than you 2)listened to people when they described horrible experiences with zum and not tell them to just keep using it and be patient. and u certainly shouldnt have told people that their wasnt a purging period and then when their faces are in misery you then retract it and say oh well i guess there is a purging period after all. this is peoples faces you are dealing with- you only get one face. you left people "wallowing in misery" anyway being that a lot of them are worse off now than they were before. you now seem to be taking credit for the canus but your thread is titled zum/complex 15. and from what i read only cleardream is actually clear from the canus (or was before you persuaded her to use the zum and it screwed up her face too) everyone else is just basically saying how its calming their skin after using zum.some of your responses to people are quite rude and all your bragging about your flawless skin(when others are suffering with horrible acne)and shopping trips on rodeo drive makes you come across as an arrogant snob.

first off, let's not make this into a big deal, okay? we're all just trying to figure things out..... please don't take cuts against anyone, alright? this should be a safe place.

second, this thread has been on the board less than two months. that's not enough time for anyone that's just trying it out to make any sort of determination on whether or not this works long term. both spikeyli and cleardream have been on this for several months, and both can claim its authenticity. as for myself, i'm going on my sixth week and am about 90% clear, and I'M USING ZUM.

third, please don't make presumptions based only on what you've read here. there have been plenty of pms and threads elsewhere in which different topics of this regimen are addressed, and to make these kind of claims from just this one is completely one-sided.

fourth, we all have different skin and different needs, but acne prone skin is acne prone skin. honestly, i think a lot of people were super quick to jump in claiming that zum was giving them problems. i'm not making any sort of claim here, i'm just saying that who knows what kind of condition their skin was in beforehand and what kind of products they were using. their healing process will be different based on the irritation level and severity of their acne. at the same time, i will not discount the authenticity of their distress, nor the possibility of their sensitivity. i don't see them on a day to day basis. i only know what i read here.

fifth, spikeyli has NEVER bragged about being clear; nor has cleardream. they've only tried to help address people's concerns. you don't know whether or not those people really followed the advice mentioned here or did their own thing instead. we're all human, and sometimes we think we know best; we think that we can make our own determinations.

okay, i think i'm done..... i don't want to talk about it anymore. i want people to have clear skin. i want people to enjoy looking at themselves in the mirror. i want people to look forward to washing their face, and feel it's refreshing rather than a chore. granted, i'll say it again that all this takes TIME. in this world of instant gratification, patience is no longer a virtue to be celebrated, and it sucks, but it's worth the wait.

Guest bumpsbegone
well im sure the people on this thread appreciated the way you just insulted them and basically said that they brought it on themselves by being "disobedient" and also suggested that they hounded you with demanding pm's and questions.i understand that you were trying to do a good thing but perhaps you should have 1) made sure that it worked long term for someone other than you 2)listened to people when they described horrible experiences with zum and not tell them to just keep using it and be patient. and u certainly shouldnt have told people that their wasnt a purging period and then when their faces are in misery you then retract it and say oh well i guess there is a purging period after all. this is peoples faces you are dealing with- you only get one face. you left people "wallowing in misery" anyway being that a lot of them are worse off now than they were before. you now seem to be taking credit for the canus but your thread is titled zum/complex 15. and from what i read only cleardream is actually clear from the canus (or was before you persuaded her to use the zum and it screwed up her face too) everyone else is just basically saying how its calming their skin after using zum.some of your responses to people are quite rude and all your bragging about your flawless skin(when others are suffering with horrible acne)and shopping trips on rodeo drive makes you come across as an arrogant snob.

first off, let's not make this into a big deal, okay? we're all just trying to figure things out..... please don't take cuts against anyone, alright? this should be a safe place.

second, this thread has been on the board less than two months. that's not enough time for anyone that's just trying it out to make any sort of determination on whether or not this works long term. both spikeyli and cleardream have been on this for several months, and both can claim its authenticity. as for myself, i'm going on my sixth week and am about 90% clear, and I'M USING ZUM.

third, please don't make presumptions based only on what you've read here. there have been plenty of pms and threads elsewhere in which different topics of this regimen are addressed, and to make these kind of claims from just this one is completely one-sided.

fourth, we all have different skin and different needs, but acne prone skin is acne prone skin. honestly, i think a lot of people were super quick to jump in claiming that zum was giving them problems. i'm not making any sort of claim here, i'm just saying that who knows what kind of condition their skin was in beforehand and what kind of products they were using. their healing process will be different based on the irritation level and severity of their acne. at the same time, i will not discount the authenticity of their distress, nor the possibility of their sensitivity. i don't see them on a day to day basis. i only know what i read here.

fifth, spikeyli has NEVER bragged about being clear; nor has cleardream. they've only tried to help address people's concerns. you don't know whether or not those people really followed the advice mentioned here or did their own thing instead. we're all human, and sometimes we think we know best; we think that we can make our own determinations.

okay, i think i'm done..... i don't want to talk about it anymore. i want people to have clear skin. i want people to enjoy looking at themselves in the mirror. i want people to look forward to washing their face, and feel it's refreshing rather than a chore. granted, i'll say it again that all this takes TIME. in this world of instant gratification, patience is no longer a virtue to be celebrated, and it sucks, but it's worth the wait.

well i was addressing spikeyli not her lap dog. and im not the one making cuts- she is by insulting the people on this thread. if she really wanted to help people she wouldnt be complaining about all the questions and pm's- i mean what did she expect??? i know not every regimen is going to work for every one but what annoyed me the most was the tone of spikeyli's responses to people and the bad advice that was given out which is probaly the reason why so many people had these reactions in the first place. and spikeyli has bragged about being clear so please get your facts straight before you act as her attorney. its only been 6 weeks for you-thats not a long time. if the zum is working for you(at the moment)- great but it certainly didnt work for most of the others who have used it. if i seem a little angry its just because i dont like arrogant people who talk down to others especially in their time of need. if you are going to take on the role of a skin consultant-surf the net, read a book or do something to educate yourself so that you can give proper advice.

Well, well, well, as you have only made 4 posts bumpsbegone I will assume you came here to cause a disruption. I am one who used zum and was given the advice to stick it out and I ended up switching. Do I have any animosity toward spikey for her suggestion? Hell no. Do I have animosity toward your needless attack on her? Some, yes. She has offered her advice. It may or may not have worked, but she tried. She couldn't force anyone to do anything. She simply offered guidance and it was up to each person to choose to follow. Yr attack was cruel, pointless, and uncalled for. Find another board or post to troll. We have enough to deal with without you coming in and ruffling feathers.

Guest bumpsbegone
Well, well, well, as you have only made 4 posts bumpsbegone I will assume you came here to cause a disruption. I am one who used zum and was given the advice to stick it out and I ended up switching. Do I have any animosity toward spikey for her suggestion? Hell no. Do I have animosity toward your needless attack on her? Some, yes. She has offered her advice. It may or may not have worked, but she tried. She couldn't force anyone to do anything. She simply offered guidance and it was up to each person to choose to follow. Yr attack was cruel, pointless, and uncalled for. Find another board or post to troll. We have enough to deal with without you coming in and ruffling feathers.

ive only made 4 posts because i came on as a guest and after reading the gmr threads- yes i did join so that i could be able to post my feelings about these threads. if you have no animosity- good for you. but several people do as i have been getting pm's that say- "right on- i agree!!!".

if you have not used it yourself then move on. if people are going to blame spikey for her effort to help, then they can move on. it's ridiculous to take advice from someone and then blame them for it not working. do you blame a dr when his treatment doesn't work? if one antibiotic doesn't work and you have to be changed to another do you deem your dr incompetent? no. life is a whole mess of trial and error. it's the idea behind the regimen, not the specific product. people choose what they use, and whether they stick with something or not. if they want to blame anyone they should blame themselves for not listening to their body telling them it isn't working for them.

Guest bumpsbegone
if you have not used it yourself then move on. if people are going to blame spikey for her effort to help, then they can move on. it's ridiculous to take advice from someone and then blame them for it not working. do you blame a dr when his treatment doesn't work? if one antibiotic doesn't work and you have to be changed to another do you deem your dr incompetent? no. life is a whole mess of trial and error. it's the idea behind the regimen, not the specific product. people choose what they use, and whether they stick with something or not. if they want to blame anyone they should blame themselves for not listening to their body telling them it isn't working for them.

if i pointed out to my dr that i was having a reaction from an antibiotic and my dr DIDNT change me to something else and said just keep using it- and as a result i got worse- i would not only blame him, i would sue him. drs get sued all the time so that really was a bad analogy. secondly, i see you didnt take spikeyli's advice and switched anyway so im going to assume that you really are a lot smarter than you are sounding............

actually i did follow her advice until i decided it just wasn't working for me. and the dr analogy was actually quite correct. i had a very adverse reaction to a medication and my dr told me that sometimes the good of the medication is worth the bad side effect. if i asked to be changed and wasn't that is one thing. but these people have the option to change at any time. spikey has said that canus is good. she prefers zum for certain reasons. she never claimed to be a determatologist or skin care professional of any sort. but i guess if you signed up for a message board to aruge a point that you have no first hand experience in.....well, then we know who we should listen to now.

lol i think bumpsbegone is one of those people who always come and go and he/she probably read this regimen and gave it a try for a week but ended up ruining his/her face and decided to be stupid so made a new username to say shit that he/she cant even say with his/her real identity. tsk tsk. poor you. it is sunday tomorrow, go to church and repent for what u did, mmkay? or else u will get 5 new pimples on ur face next week :) HAHAHAAH okay... that was sort of mean. :( i wont let devil take over me like bumpsbegone. i take that back.. just go to church and repent. :) <3 spikeyli was just trying to help out and no1s really angry/mad at her for what she did for us. look at all the things i wrote before, i broke out like crazywhen i first started the regimen but i stuck with zum lavender + complex 15- altho im still not 100% clear but my skin is definately getting better, at least i dont get any new pimples. it hasnt even been 2wks for me so i know ill have a great result in future.

and just to let u know, bumpsbegone, ive been messaging spikeyli like CRAZY since i started the regimen and she ALWAYS replied back. ALWAYS. got all my qs answered. seriously, if i was her and had a flawless skin like her, id just leave acne.org and never return and ignore all those Qs but no, she is doing her best to help out and im sure there are a lot of peeople out there who appreciate her work. so yeahhhhhhhhh, GO TO CHURCH. ITS SUNDAY TOMORROWW. actually, today! since its 12:16am over here :) dont let devil take over yah~ buhbyeeeeee. <3

spikeyli, im sure ure smart enough not to deal with ignorant people like bumpsbegone so i wont even worry.. just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing ur secret with us and being always patient. i mean..i can tell when ure annoyed sometimes...HAHAHA JKKK. ;) i really appreciate everything. u better NOT leave us!!! ok. :)

Guest bumpsbegone
actually i did follow her advice until i decided it just wasn't working for me. and the dr analogy was actually quite correct. i had a very adverse reaction to a medication and my dr told me that sometimes the good of the medication is worth the bad side effect. if i asked to be changed and wasn't that is one thing. but these people have the option to change at any time. spikey has said that canus is good. she prefers zum for certain reasons. she never claimed to be a determatologist or skin care professional of any sort. but i guess if you signed up for a message board to aruge a point that you have no first hand experience in.....well, then we know who we should listen to now.

determatologist??? need i say more about your intelligence level????

Yr right bumpsbegone. I'm a complete imbecile because I made a typing error. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'll quit my job now, go get a protective helmet, and confine myself to a room. Thank god you caught that or I'd keep on living my life.

Seriously though, by yr rash comments and tearing down of people you don't know, you obviously need to feel better about yrself. It says a lot about YOUR intelligence level. If you were at all smart you would just drop it and leave well enough alone. You'd realize yr arguments here are pointless. But I guess that's what trolls do. Gotta keep stirring the pot even though there really aren't flames to keep it boiling.

ahh im hiding from the lounge but the lounge follows me here too.

ehh... just ignore him/her, thats the worse thing you can do to people like that. spikeyli and clear are two of nicest people on this board and both have been EXTREMELY helpful!!!

ahh im hiding from the lounge but the lounge follows me here too.

Sadly, trolling is not confined to the lounge ......

It appears that bumpsbegone is a secondary account created solely for the purpose of harassing spikeyli. This is against board rules, and will be dealt with.

That said, I just wanted to add this:

Anyone who tries out a regimen they find on this board is responsible for their own actions. And I highly recommend that everyone do his or her own research. If you blindly assume that because something worked for one person, it will automatically be the answer for you ... well, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Trial and error, live and learn. :D

Good luck with your regimens, everyone. I'm going to be posting this on the other GMR thread as well.

cleardream, i just purchased the canus goats milk unscented 5 oz, three of them, and the Buf-Puf Reusable Facial Sponge. how long does the Buf-Puf Reusable Facial Sponge last for you? I'm thinkin about using mine 2-3 times a week. also, how do u go about cleansing with the sponge? Do you just add water to face, make sponge wet, and do a couple circular motions?

thanks in advance

wow; so i left over the weekend, and man, this guy was just plain mean. and calling me a "lap dog?" i was just sticking up for my friend, like any good friend would. whatever though. thanks kei_fujo, lost in translation, and acne since 2006. everyone on here has been so great and helpful. love to you all!!! :wub:

Ah, we have a lovely weather here! :D

Anyways, I'll update all you halpful guys!

My skin is getting better. My bumps are on their way out of my face, and my skin tone is improving.

Furthermore, I'm having a microdermabrasion in a while. I'm quite nervous it'll break me out, as I've heard some do, or that it'll completely destroy the good results I've acheived so far. (I'm doing it for my scars... Going to a consultation in a while, and we'll see what they say and what they'll do.)

I'm hoping for the best! :pray:

good luck rikke! yeah, i've heard the same thing about microdermabrasion.... do you have access to any at home microdermabrasion kits? i haven't don't any research on it, but i think there are some good ones out there, and then you can be in better control on being gentle with the product.

good luck rikke! yeah, i've heard the same thing about microdermabrasion.... do you have access to any at home microdermabrasion kits? i haven't don't any research on it, but i think there are some good ones out there, and then you can be in better control on being gentle with the product.

okay, i actually got my microdrmabrasion peel from aubrey nicole and tried it 2nights ago... i guess im the unlucky one cause i got 4 new pimples the next day. my skin is ITCHYYYYYY and irritated a little. ive heard really good stories about this mic. peel though.. maybe it just wasnt for me. :(

im still on zum lavender + complex15... been over 2wks now.. i didnt have any new active pimples till i used micro. peel... the only reason i used this was to get rid of these tiny skin colored bumps on my cheeks..ended up worsening it.. :booo!!

Well I had to work over the weekend and then did some major house cleaning, so I hadn't check this thread for a couple of days. Wow, somebody is really cranky. Honestly guys, I've said my piece and all of you are really sweet to stand up for me. For that I'm really grateful. But this person seems to have some deep seeded anger inside and just wants to lash out at someone, and I happen to be an easy target because the regimen I recommended didn't work for everyone. Don't worry about it, I'm a big girl, I can handle a bully or two. In fact, to go to the extend of creating a second account just to harass me is quite flattering, I didn't know I was THAT important, lol.

As for replying to PMs, sometimes I simply forget and if people follow up, I always reply. The only people I don't reply to are the rude ones who missed etiquette lessons. I don't respond to PMs that starts with rude remarks. If you ask me nicely, I'll answer. If you come off with insults and then demands answers (and by the way, these are people who were looking to be on GMR, not the ones already on it), I don't see the need to reward that type of behavior with replies.

As for me bragging about my clear skin, do you want me to lie and say the salesperson said my skin look like crap? I shared it as a mean to encourage people to stick it out for the long haul and hopefully they see the same result as I do (and I've been on it for 6 months, I think that's long enough to say it worked for me). I think I mentioned my skin is clear a few times, it's a source of pride for me because I hadn't always been clear. So I'm happy about it and I want others to be in the same as me too. I happened to be in LA that week for work and I was shopping on Rodeo drive because, well I can afford it. Am I bragging? No, I just make enough money through hard work that I can buy a little something from a nice place. Can I shop there every day? Hell no!

As for my rude replies on the thread, I don't try to come off as rude. But at times I get frustrated just like everyone else, I even admit it several times that clear dream has a ton more patience than I do. But not once did I insult people, like you bumpsbegone, by calling them names and going for personal attacks. I've always handled my arguments through logical debates and never name calling. And I never claim to be a dermatologist or any kind of doctor. The research that you suggest me to do, obviously you hadn't read my post on the scientific explanation of why this regimen worked. I didn't do the research either, it was done by my husband, who is a member of Mensa (the world genius organization), took 4 years of premed before he lost interest, holds a degree in chemistry, and is the son of a chemist). I also had the sign off on the regimen from several of my cousins who are doctors, and yes one of them is a dermatologist, as well as my father who is a chemist. Personally, if several people with the IQ of the top 2% of the world population (Mensa requirement) did the research, I'd say I believe what they tell me.

Let's leave the school yard behaviors off the forum shall we? We're here to share and try to help each other.

okay, i actually got my microdrmabrasion peel from aubrey nicole and tried it 2nights ago... i guess im the unlucky one cause i got 4 new pimples the next day. my skin is ITCHYYYYYY and irritated a little. ive heard really good stories about this mic. peel though.. maybe it just wasnt for me. :(

im still on zum lavender + complex15... been over 2wks now.. i didnt have any new active pimples till i used micro. peel... the only reason i used this was to get rid of these tiny skin colored bumps on my cheeks..ended up worsening it.. :booo!!

i'm sorry! hopefully that clears up quickly! i noticed after doing a scrub on may face, that even though i broke out pretty bad, most of it was gone within a week. i don't know if this would be helpful, but for the future, maybe some light exfoliation with a washcloth would help? i know the bumps won't go away overnight, but i imagine it would lessen them over time.

spikeyli, once again, you're awesome. can't say enough. :comfort:

Xec, cleardream posted how she uses buffpuff already. its somewhere in one of these threads lol.

something along the lines of slathering her face with soap and then using the bp gently.

cleardream, i just purchased the canus goats milk unscented 5 oz, three of them, and the Buf-Puf Reusable Facial Sponge. how long does the Buf-Puf Reusable Facial Sponge last for you? I'm thinkin about using mine 2-3 times a week. also, how do u go about cleansing with the sponge? Do you just add water to face, make sponge wet, and do a couple circular motions?

thanks in advance

sorry i didn't see this before!!! one thing cleardream stresses is that it be the EXTRA GENTLE buf puf; even the gentle one was too much for her. she's very much into hygeine, so i think she only uses it once, but you'll want to clarify that with her. i don't know if anyone else on the board has been using it. other exfoliating methods to try are an exfoliating zum bar or a gentle washcloth.

Thanx spikeyli and cleardream for all your help, but I am allergic to zum. I'm afraid it took 4 weeks to come to the realization that the bumps all over my face were from a rash instead of pimples or a combination of the two. My mom and my uncle said it looked like a rash and I really wanted the GMR to work for me, but I needed to stop. I think I may have been allergic to the lavender oil or maybe the whole formulation but I don't want to risk trying another flavor. I am even scared to try the canus so instead I started using the desert essence tea tree oil bar to see if my skin settles down. I have used it for one day all ready and my face is less red. I learned alot about the power of gentleness coming to this thread and complex 15 is definitely a keeper. Well I guess I will periodically check the posts to see how everyone else is faring.

Sorry to hear the zum didn't work for you reincarnated. If it's a rash you're having, I'll PM you a toner and tea rinsing to see if that will help. But if you're having a reaction to zum, please stop use immediately. There's no point to continue using something that you know doesn't work.

hey guysss...just updating my results.....i have been on canus un-scented and complex 15 for a month and a couple days now.....the pimples that i had before fadede away however till this day i still get new pimples here and there...and some parts of my skin looks kinda rough still u could say...like there is no pimples there but it looks not smooth lol i never had seriousss acne or scarring but my texture has always looked kinda rough i guess u could say.....i used complex 15 day and night for the first 3 weeks...however still sometimes i could see that it wasnt absorbing all the way even with a small amount....and since my skin didnt feel dry i decided to use it just as night....also because i figured if i could c it wasnt absorbing then possibly it could be blockin my pores....not realy sure tho lol and i also have red marks from like a month ago which has always been a problem for me....when i get a pimple i doesnt go away for awhile(depends where on the face really).....i dont exfoliate at all and im thinkin maybe u should start maybe once a week? the results were going well at first but it kidna seems like the regiment has come to a kinda stand still....maybe i just have to wait longer? honestly i just wanna switch to something else again lol ive tried so many things so my options would be severly limited if i had to......any input or suggestions would be amazinggggg

Thanks as always Ty:)

I'm on day 3 of the GMR; and I have to say, my skin hasn't felt this good in a long time. I am prone to have mild acne, but I could have prevented that if I had been smart in the past, where I used to wash my face 5-6 times a day with drying and stripping SA/BP scrubs :naughty:

As a result, I turned into an oily mess with nice pustules to go with it. After failures with Retin-A Micro and other prescriptions, I went on DKR. I'm not going to lie, DKR did an excellent job in preventing pimples, but my face was still dry, tight, red, and OILY. Clearogen was a bit of a relief, but it didn't really deliver like I expected it to.

Now that I'm on GMR, I feel like I'm going to be slowly healing and restoring my skin to what it used to be. I'll start adding jojoba/grapeseed oil to the regimen in about a month. The reason why I'm waiting is because I've experienced a bit of a breakout, but that's most likely because I came off of minocycline a week ago. I had a lot of closed/blocked pores that the antibiotic prevented from getting swollen, so now I'm experiencing the encore.

No big deal, I already survived the worst of it, and I'm glad to know that I can really move on to healing my skin. The canus stuff feels great and is a huge improvement over cetaphil, while the complex 15 feels like a blanket of heaven on my face :dance:

I'll update with more results soon. :surprised: