Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

The Goats Milk Regimen (Canus / ZUM + Complex 15 / Jojoba oil)

okay this is sort of off the topic but.. i wanted to order another zum lavender soap right? well the thing is.. i ordered my first one from indigo wild which is the official site of zum soaps and they cost about $5.. but then i found one on amazon and they are only like $2.50... is there any reason why they are a lot cheaper? i am so suspicious..haha

hey ive noticed that washing my face with ZUM (and im guessing any goat's milk soap) makes my whole face less poffy (sp?)! when i wake up i always have very noticeble lines around my mouth and under my eyes (either from not sleeping enough or from sleepin way too much :wacko: ) well, as soon as i wash up, all that goes away.

has anyone else noticed this? i think its pretty cool. ;)

That's because ZUM has ingredients in it that is soothing and anti-inflamtory. My face is puffy in the morning too (mostly because of the way I sleep) and as soon as I wash with ZUM it "deflates" too.

Glad to hear ZUM is working for you. From the way you were talking a few days ago I could have sworn you quit the regimen or at least switch from ZUM to Canus.

omg, i am SO glad i read this regimen because i had the same question! (i actually posted the same question on zum soap regimen last night but nobody answered) so these bumps u guys are talking about.. are they like these TINY SKIN-COLOR bumps? like..u cant really see it in the dark but once u go outside where its really bright or sunny, ur surface of skin (especially cheeks!!) is really bumpy and when u touch it with ur hands u can feel bumps all over ur cheeks? yet u cant squeeze em out either... hope we are talking about the same ones... well i actually had these for awhile now.. i dont know how i got'em but i thought it was going away for awhile especially on my left cheek but now that i look at it closer, i got wayy MORE than before i started the regimen! especially on my right cheek!!! i dont break out as much..actually i havent really gotten any red painful pimple for a few days (hope it continues that way) because its been less than 2weeks since i started Zum Lavender soap + Complex 15... but these bumps are killing me :( its SOO depressing! i HATE going outside when its sunny altho i LOVEE going out on sunny days... lostintranslation, did those bumps disappear by itself??? or did like..white heads thingy came out of ur surface to disappear? i dono how to get rid of them... :(

oh btw, i noticed that some of my whiteheads come out by itself when i leave it alone for awhile..like while i wash my face with zum lavender, it somehow come out...? does it make sense? haha.. okay so i was just wondering if the same thing happens with these skin-color bumps or not...

See my PM back to you.

oh my gosh! I had the exact same bumps on my face in the first two weeks of the GMR! I had little flesh colored bumps all over my face, even in places I have never had them before. I have been using zum for 3 weeks and now they are almost gone. My face has been clearer than it ever has for the last year. I'm so happy my face is like over 80% clear. However, I did kind of cheat on the regimen. I put bp on the little bumps and it only took a couple of days to clear most of them up. I will stop when they go away though. I do think the many flesh colored bumps was a purging period because I went from the most bumps I have had on my face ever to clearest skin this year in 2 weeks. I was so close to switching to canus, except my mom said she wasn't going to buy me any other stuff for my skin until I use it all up. But to answer your question, I definitely experienced many bumps on my face b4 if cleared up.

Told you if you keep on the regimen it'll all work out in a couple of weeks ;) So does this mean you will name your first born after me? I want to have a slew of people named after me :razz: .

I think that's the biggest hurdle for people, getting past that first week or so because as their skin is clearing, the more active pimples start to stand out more. I've noticed that with ZUM lavender, it fixes skin discoloration first so when the skin gets less blotchy, the active pimples stand out more. Also as some people go through the purging period, in the first week all their hidden pimples come out. But after that their skin is dramatically better and will stay that way.

I think you'll find your face will heal much faster without the bp. BP may be a quick fix but that only delay the healing. The best way is just put up with the breakout for a few days and then move on. As for the initial breakouts and flesh color bumps, there is a way to cheat but I hesitate telling people because of so many skeptics, I just don't feel like having another scientific argument as people already don't like my explanation on why the GMR works. So just keep with the regimen, the bumps will go away quick enough.

hey ive noticed that washing my face with ZUM (and im guessing any goat's milk soap) makes my whole face less poffy (sp?)! when i wake up i always have very noticeble lines around my mouth and under my eyes (either from not sleeping enough or from sleepin way too much :wacko: ) well, as soon as i wash up, all that goes away.

has anyone else noticed this? i think its pretty cool. ;)

That's because ZUM has ingredients in it that is soothing and anti-inflamtory. My face is puffy in the morning too (mostly because of the way I sleep) and as soon as I wash with ZUM it "deflates" too.

Glad to hear ZUM is working for you. From the way you were talking a few days ago I could have sworn you quit the regimen or at least switch from ZUM to Canus.

well i was just about to, but i really wanted to give this a fair try. in the past, if a product didn't work in the first week, id toss it aside. this time i figured i'd give it the recomended 4-6 weeks to do it's thing, and it did it in only 3! :lol:

No products work in just one week, you have to give them a chance and that means a month. I think that's the problem with most people here, they want instant gratification and nothing will give you that. That's also how you mess up your face, when you use too much products and confuse your skin.

to all you who had the weird flesh colored bumps, i had those too!!! i thought it might have been some sort of rash or allergic reaction to something, but they have since subsided.

thought i'd add in this..... i thought i needed a bit of exfoliation, so i pulled out my st ives gentle exfoliator and ended up with a really nasty breakout.... :(

oh, spikeyli, i bought the essential oils and mixed em up for your spot remover. it's good stuff! thanks!

I picked up some GMS @ the drugstore and one of the ingredients was mineral oil. I probly dont want to put this on my face...or do I? anyone know about it?

my canus UN-scented finally came today...fucken 2 weeks later...bastardsssss lol...ive been using the scented one for like 2 weeks now because thats the only one the sold in the stores around me...so wierd......ive been on the GMR for about 3 weeks now....skin seems to be doing better but still gettin new pimples every couple days....do u guys think its because ive been using the scented one?....or do u think 3 weeks isnt long enough on the regiment....anywayz gonna start using the unscented one tonight...hopefullyit works out alright

lexylouly okay so if u broke out terribly from exfoliating with st ives then how do u exfoliate? because i reallllllly need to do it i can see a lot of dead skins on around my nose area... plus some of these white heads came out like half way so it looks really dirty.. someone was suggesting to use a baby brush to exfoliate because a baby brush is smooth enough not to damage ur skin...what do u think about that, spikeyli and lexylouly?

btw, clear dream i couldnt find puff puff thingy u use to exfoliate at raileys :(

Acne,

where do you come up with this stuff? Seems like every time I turn around you come up with some wacky ways of cleaning your face.

And the only exfoliation method I recommend is using a warm wash cloth soaked with zum to lather and gently rub your face in circular motion. I don't believe in scrubs or anything else.

Stop trying to rush things. The more crap you try the more damage you do to your skin. Just have patience and give the regimen time to do its thing. A few months from now you'll be kicking yourself for even thinking of trying all those goofy things.

Stop trying to rush things. The more crap you try the more damage you do to your skin. Just have patience and give the regimen time to do its thing. A few months from now you'll be kicking yourself for even thinking of trying all those goofy things.

yeah acne since 2006, i agree. though i havent been doing the GMR nearly as long as spikeyli, i have been stay extremly true to the basics, and its going great as ive noted already. i actually bought FOTE alove vera when i got my ZUM and C-15, which i was planning on using a month after i started the regimen- clear's and spike's advice, so that the GMR would have time to work- well, now im really paranoid about putting it on, and it's just sitting there.

hey spikeyli- since i might be unable to find clear's buf puf at stores, can you tell me what kind of wash cloth you use? :rolleyes:

Ok, I need a quick reply.

How does thesw two moisturisers sound?

1:

Aqua

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride

Isopropyl Myristate

Glycerin

Dicaprylyl Carbonate

Glyceryl Stearate Citrate

Propylene Glycol

Stearyl Alcohol

Tocopherol

Phenoxyethanol

Carbomer

Saccharide Isomerate

Lactic Acid

Sodium Hydroxide

Ethylhexylglycerin

Sodium Benzoate

2:

Aqua

Ethyl Hexyl Stearate

Dicaprylyl Carbonate

Olus

Glycerin

Ceteareth-12

Cetearyl Alcohol

Carbomer

Lactic Acid

Ceteareth-20

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis

Phenoxyethanol

Sodium Hydroxide

Saccharide Isomerate

Xanthan Gum

Sodium Benzoate

Tocopherol

Ethylhexylglycerin

Two products completely without perfumes, additives or supposedly anything bad. Spikeyli, could you get your hubby to take a look? Or could anyone?

I'm getting either of them today, cos the grapeseed oil doesn't sink in, and my skin is flaky, making my skin very rough. My skin was doing so well, but now I'm having small breakouts :(

Please, help!

so i have this icky pimple between my nose and mouth. it hurts like a bitch. i know its gonna get real big and turn into a whitehead. i just wish it would just do it already! haha. i hate pimples like these. and i always get em in the spots that hurt the most :cry:

i have a question for cleardream... i remember you saying you wash your face like twice in the shower. is there any special reason for that??

i think her reason was to get the makeup off then to make sure everything was clean. i know she always stressed that they were quick but gentle washings as well. 20sec or less and very gentle.

lexylouly okay so if u broke out terribly from exfoliating with st ives then how do u exfoliate? because i reallllllly need to do it i can see a lot of dead skins on around my nose area... plus some of these white heads came out like half way so it looks really dirty.. someone was suggesting to use a baby brush to exfoliate because a baby brush is smooth enough not to damage ur skin...what do u think about that, spikeyli and lexylouly?

btw, clear dream i couldnt find puff puff thingy u use to exfoliate at raileys :(

acne since 2006, i agree with spikeyli, just use a washcloth or one of the exfoliating zum bars. i tell ya one thing, that tube of st ives went immediately in the trash. i can't believe i fell back into old habits. anyway, on another side note, i started using the patchouli-orange bar last night. you can't tell anything from two washes, but i'll keep you updated. it adds one more little scent to the mix. we all have to try and stop rushing things. i can also attribute my breakout to super bad stress in my life over the past couple weeks. i just have to keep telling myself to take a deep breath and realize the everyday is a new one, and start making better habits now for the future. okay, kind of a tangent, but it applies to skin care too. :)

yeah acne since 2006, i agree. though i havent been doing the GMR nearly as long as spikeyli, i have been stay extremly true to the basics, and its going great as ive noted already. i actually bought FOTE alove vera when i got my ZUM and C-15, which i was planning on using a month after i started the regimen- clear's and spike's advice, so that the GMR would have time to work- well, now im really paranoid about putting it on, and it's just sitting there.

hey spikeyli- since i might be unable to find clear's buf puf at stores, can you tell me what kind of wash cloth you use? :rolleyes:

Just my regular old wash cloth I got from Target. Nothing special.