Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

Let's suggest to Dan that he add Cosmetics to the Product Ratings section of Acne.org

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I think it would be incredibly useful. All the polls, questions, etc. in one place... all the brands, all the love we have for our makeup items, all the hate, and all the love-hate relationships would be in 1 central location. :D Anyone could read opinions from acne.org's olden days (well, starting now) and from all the newcomers -- all would be easily accessible. (As things stand now, it seems as though there is a lot of excellent information that is lost/wasted/buried in the older pages of the makeup forum!) I also think it would be nice if we didn't have to go through a central authorization process (i.e. Dan / moderator) to post a new product. That seems to require a lot of added effort/time, and doesn't seem as pivotal for makeup products as it is for acne skincare anyway.

I was also thinking it'd be really cool if, somehow, we could have a page set up that would list all of our makeup regimens. Like maybe each of our responses in our makeup could have a link underneath that led back to our individual makeup regimen page...? Not really sure how this would work; just brainstorming right now. :)

Anyway, if no one has suggested any of this yet, I'm going to. And maybe we could even set up a pinned link or something on this main page, that would go directly to the makeup product ratings section.

Good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas?

great idea. ait would be nice to have reviews from people who struggle with acne. some sites with reviews don't focus on the same skin problems this site does.

great idea. ait would be nice to have reviews from people who struggle with acne. some sites with reviews don't focus on the same skin problems this site does.

I think it's a good idea, but if I remember correctly... AGES ago, someone suggested this, and instead we were all directed to makeup alley. :whistle:

I love this idea. and i agree with turtleneck, this new place would be centered around people with acne-prone skin. and the personal makeup log idea is great too. i hope this comes true!! :pray::pray:

I think it's a good idea, but if I remember correctly... AGES ago, someone suggested this, and instead we were all directed to makeup alley. :whistle:

Makeup Alley isn't specific enough for oily skins.

Perhaps a female mod could voice our request in the mod's lounge for debate.