Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bber

Resveratrol and Massive Fish Oil

I just ordered some Resveratrol, because I'm desperate and I found a sourece that is not prohibitively expensive, less than a dollar a day for over a gram of t-res. I found it here, Imminst is your friend! I am also going to supplement with over 4 grams of omega 3/day, and am very interested in Guggulsterone, which I also came across on imminst. I will let you all know how it goes.

And Autonomous one, I really appreciate all of your research into this supplement that I came across on other threads and am curious what your results have been. From what I can make of it it, it seems to have moderately helped, because yous till seem committed to your relentless quest for clear skin. I am curious how much you are taking and whether it is t-res, because there are precious few anecdotal reports on how effective it is for acne and will savor any advice you can give.

I just ordered some Resveratrol, because I'm desperate and I found a sourece that is not prohibitively expensive, less than a dollar a day for over a gram of t-res. I found it here, Imminst is your friend! I am also going to supplement with over 4 grams of omega 3/day, and am very interested in Guggulsterone, which I also came across on imminst. I will let you all know how it goes.

And Autonomous one, I really appreciate all of your research into this supplement that I came across on other threads and am curious what your results have been. From what I can make of it it, it seems to have moderately helped, because yous till seem committed to your relentless quest for clear skin. I am curious how much you are taking and whether it is t-res, because there are precious few anecdotal reports on how effective it is for acne and will savor any advice you can give.

its been a while since i said these statements but yea i still think between fish oil, (trans)resveratrol and alpha lipoic acid, lie a unique combo for acne.

Right now im regularly taking 400mg of trans resveratrol a day, but i just upped my dose from 100 a day, only about a week ago after experiancing great amounts of physical endurance

from upping the dose.

As far as all the detailed specifics, in the hustle and bustle of daily life,that info tends to fade. So exactly why resveratrol would help acne i cant immediatly remember. it does have estrogenic qualitys though so it may effect androgen receptors, but dont quote me, other wise its a very powerful antioxident, and that is good i guess, but the greatest thing about it is it extends life span and is the #1 antiaging supplement so i may live a little longer if i continue to take it. From what i remember all the ground breaking research was done with the trans resveratrol form, so its something to check up on.

The RevGenetics resveratrol is the cheapest one by far to anyone who's interested. Apparently you need at least 500 mg a day taken all together for maximum benefit. If I had a credit card I'd sooo buy some, not for acne but for other health benefits. Guess I'll just have to wait till I'm older then D=

its been a while since i said these statements but yea i still think between fish oil, (trans)resveratrol and alpha lipoic acid, lie a unique combo for acne.

Right now im regularly taking 400mg of trans resveratrol a day, but i just upped my dose from 100 a day, only about a week ago after experiancing great amounts of physical endurance

from upping the dose.

As far as all the detailed specifics, in the hustle and bustle of daily life,that info tends to fade. So exactly why resveratrol would help acne i cant immediatly remember. it does have estrogenic qualitys though so it may effect androgen receptors, but dont quote me, other wise its a very powerful antioxident, and that is good i guess, but the greatest thing about it is it extends life span and is the #1 antiaging supplement so i may live a little longer if i continue to take it. From what i remember all the ground breaking research was done with the trans resveratrol form, so its something to check up on.

Thanks, dude. BTW, just out of curiosity are you clear?

The RevGenetics resveratrol is the cheapest one by far to anyone who's interested. Apparently you need at least 500 mg a day taken all together for maximum benefit. If I had a credit card I'd sooo buy some, not for acne but for other health benefits. Guess I'll just have to wait till I'm older then D=

Thats where I got mine, should be good. Can't you get your parents to buy it for you?

from upping the dose.

Thanks, dude. BTW, just out of curiosity are you clear?

im very clear sometimes, clear enough not to need accutane, so hopefully that explains where i am right now, from about a year ago, i have a good deal of control, the super intense anxiety inducing breakouts that make me want to hide for weeks on end id say is pretty much over, although occasionally a breakout will be like kinda borderline, ive made some good progress id say.

Been taking .9 gram for the last few days now, no change as I'm still weening myself off of a micro dose tane course. I'll continue to update here. :)

I just received my order of Resveratrol today. I am going to start taking 0.9 grams a day. I will try to update in a while how it is working for me.

@AlexGF: The experts say no. Because you would need massive amounts of Red Wine (like 250 bottles a day) to get the needed amount of Resveratrol. That is why they say to supplement.

I also started Resveratrol recently. Saturday night to be exact. I will be starting at 1gram of trans-resveratrol a day and bumping it up to 2 if necessary. I will give weekly to bi-weekly updates.

ive been taking res-v from megaresveratrol for about 4 days now and it turned my urine dark yellow which was very scary at first because i didnt know what was going on, but other than that its been going pretty good.

p.s it acts as a laxative so that kinda sux

Can somebody give me a comparison in terms of price and effectiveness between melatonin and resveratrol.

Melatonin is a heck of a lot cheaper and is a powerful antioxidant. But I haven't heard anything about it helping with acne. If somebody found a study or something please post.

The reason you are having bowel trouble with megaresveratrol is, it contains the laxative emodin in both the capsules and the bulk powder. The brand I take gives me 400mg's a day of trans-resveratrol that costs 1/2 that of megaresveratrol, and it doesn't contain any laxatives either.

My fiancee takes it for her acne, and I take it because is both an estrogen agonist and a aromitase inhibitor. Biotest says Rez-v will raise testosterone levels; that statement is only true if your body is converting your testosterone to estrogen via the aromitase enzmye stored in excess body fat. Otherwise, their statement isn't false, just misleading...

So you take biotests product?

The reason you are having bowel trouble with megaresveratrol is, it contains the laxative emodin in both the capsules and the bulk powder. The brand I take gives me 400mg's a day of trans-resveratrol that costs 1/2 that of megaresveratrol, and it doesn't contain any laxatives either.

My fiancee takes it for her acne, and I take it because is both an estrogen agonist and a aromitase inhibitor. Biotest says Rez-v will raise testosterone levels; that statement is only true if your body is converting your testosterone to estrogen via the aromitase enzmye stored in excess body fat. Otherwise, their statement isn't false, just misleading...

Time to bump this post, yet again.

I happened on this combination, although at lower doses than most of you have posted, by "accident".

Yesterday I bought fish oil for brain health and resveratrol because, well I just thought I'd give it a try.

I noticed a difference overnight. I don't have any new breakouts, which is saying a lot in my case, and my skin isn't oily. I also noticed a decrease in fine lines and improved joint mobility.

It's only been one day so whether or not it lasts remains to be seen. I took:

2000 mg (18% EPA 12%DHA from anchovy, sardine, mackerel)

50 mg resveratrol

I'm 25 and have had acne since I was 13, though it's become worse than even in the past 6 months.

Here's to hoping

Hmm I just read through the entire thread. Very interesting. I'll have to look into resveratrol. Who wouldn't like to liver longer? :D