Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loulou22

cutting it down to once a day

Hello i have been on the regimen for about 8 months now,i dont get spots really anymore,im just left with a few red marks and scars,so i am thinking of now cutting the bp down to once a day as it is starting to feel horrible.

I started the pill yasmin 3 months ago so i hopefully wont get many breakouts now.

I was just wondering if anyone else has sucsesfully gone down to once a day. Should i use it at night or in the morning? i thought probablly be better at nigth but just wanted to check with u guys.

Thanks

I would say go ahead and cut it down to once a day. But watch your face over the next week or so, if you see pimples forming, go back to 2 times a day ASAP.

Hello i have been on the regimen for about 8 months now,i dont get spots really anymore,im just left with a few red marks and scars,so i am thinking of now cutting the bp down to once a day as it is starting to feel horrible.

I started the pill yasmin 3 months ago so i hopefully wont get many breakouts now.

I was just wondering if anyone else has sucsesfully gone down to once a day. Should i use it at night or in the morning? i thought probablly be better at nigth but just wanted to check with u guys.

Thanks

I used to do it twice a day but I would flake no matter how much moisturizer I used. I then cut it to once a day (in the morning) but I was still red. After some lovely albeit obvious advice I changed the once a day to night time before bed. It's great because I can go out during the day looking great with no redness that I used to get with putting it on in the morning. However, my advice is to moisturize generously at night after the BP application and then moisturize with care in the morning so you don't go out looking shiny. I probably need a different moisturizer though.

Thanks

Thanks

Yep... i been on the reg for about 8 months too, and i just done the exact same thing and it works great (been about 3 weeks now too).

i tried it befor about 3 or 4 months ago and it didnt work.. i think i just needed more time for the bp to really calm my active areas down. i only do it at night... check my signature below.

good luck anyway

Give it a go, I'd stick with the night time application.

Perhaps use SOMETHING in the day just to keep on top of it, I recommend Clearasil ultra deep cleansing pads if you're in the UK, they're brilliant and contain Hydrogen peroxide and SA, all you have to do is wipe across your face and you're done.

I totally agree with you vimes, I have been having the exact same problem. About 4 days ago I switched to putting bp on once a day and my skin has been great. Also, my active spots are healing much better.

However, I am almost thinking of just trying to apply bp every 2 days and see what happens.

I have been on the regimen for almost 2 months and figure that if my face is still red and slightly after only applying a small amount once a day, then maybe my skin isn't oily enough to require it. The first time I tried the regimen was about a year ago, and I put on a hell of alot more and it didnt dry my skin nor make it red at all. My face was a lot more oily back then.

I would get really flaky also, so i cut down to once a day too. i did started this about 5 months ago and my skin looks great. at first i was really worried about breaking out, but it turned out fine. I only use the BP at night with cetaphil moisturizing lotion. in mornings i just cleanse my face and spot treat any places that ive had acne, and then use lac hydrin 5. everything is going well, i think id even stick to once a day once dan finishes his moisurizer.

Hi- ive been doing it just once a day for the past 3 weeks and my skin looks great. theres no redness at all. at night, i wash with purpose soap, use dans bp all over my face and then use eucerin skin renewal. in the morning, i just wash with purpose and leave my skin alone, unless i need to spot treat!

It may depend on what you are doing during the time that the BP isn't on your face.

For instance, everytime I tried to cut back to once a day, within a month or so I would begin breaking out more.

I began using Green Cream at night around 3 months ago or so and bp during the day and this is working well for me. I wanted to introduce something for the anti-aging benefits (I'm much older than most of you here), and this seems to be a good combination for me.

I also went back to Purpose bar since I really think it gets the oil off my face much better than the baby wash I had been using.

btw, my 2-year Regimen Anniversary is coming up in a few days!