Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

have any of you guys ever gotten milia (the small white bumps around your eyes) extracted by a derm? i have an appointment in april to get mine taken care of, and just wondered how it was done. i've heard they lance them, but i didn't know if it left redness or what.

oh man.i just noticed earlier i have milia around my eyes too.It doesnt really bother me because its not very noticeable but just never thought i had it

Hi Katie,

I've had the millia around my eyes extracted twice by my derm. What he did was use this instrument to lance them out. (Milia are basically tiny round white balls, that's what the derm is taking out.) For me it bled a little but once I got home I put Neosporin on all the spots he extracted the milia from and applied more Neosporin before bed after washing my face and the marks were barely noticeable the next day. Two days later you never would've guessed I got milia extracted.

Hope that helped and good luck!

Feel free to message me if you have any more questions!

have any of you guys ever gotten milia (the small white bumps around your eyes) extracted by a derm? i have an appointment in april to get mine taken care of, and just wondered how it was done. i've heard they lance them, but i didn't know if it left redness or what.

Hey, I used a light exfoliant on the spots where I had the milia and it was gone within a few weeks.