Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rachey

Dan's BP and cleanser

I started with Dan's cleanser and BP gel last friday night. I also bought Eurecin dry skin face cream with 5% Urea moisturiser (as recommended by Brandy, Dan's assistant) it's now tuesday. I have noticed that my skin feels a lot smoother generally but the BP seems to be causing a lot of red blotchy areas and also seems to be bringing out or or two more spots and the blackheads on my nose. Is this normal???

When I used retin-A for the first time, it always said on the tube that the acne was likely to get worse before it got better, is this the case with BP then, as it's the first time I've used it properly.

Hi Rachey,

Yes, the first few months can seem like a rollercoaster ride. If the redness is pretty bad, back down on the amount of BP that you are using. We usually recommend beginners start out with less than the full amount of BP and work your way up to the full amount in about 4 weeks. I'll give you the 'what to expect link. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

You might also read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#help

Hi Brandy

Thanks for your response! I'm using the minimal amount of BP as indicated in Dan's picture until friday. I may carry this on for a second week but will see if I how my skin is during the middle of next week. If it's not any worse with the redness I'm going to bump up the dosage as Dan recommends. Thanks for your links. I'll keep you informed.

Rach

Seeing a remarkable improvement already! It's the 10th day into the regimen for me and my skin looks and feels so much smoother and better. Red marks from old acne are less pronounced too. The Eurecin cream is keeping it really supple too so dry patches are not a problem at all. Have bumped up the BP to half a finger today and will continue this amount for the rest of the week before bumping it up to 2/3 of a finger. Then finally on week 4 I will use a the whole finger amount.

I'm just wondering if I should carry on using BP after it's all cleared up?? Does Dan recommend we just keep using it permanently in case the acne comes back??

Rach

Congrats on your initial success. I am starting my regimen tonight! How bad was your acne before you started and where is it at now? Good luck and keep us updated!!

Well I had a lot of red marks on my cheeks and chin. This time a couple of weeks ago my chin was really bad. Not sure why altho I have read somewhere that if you get a spotty chin, it could be related to problems with the reproductive area. Not so convinced now that I've started the BP. It's so much smoother now and read marks are significantly less red! The dryness has been visual but nothing to worry about as the moisturiser Brandy recommended deals with that. I hope it contiues to go as well as it is doing. Will keep you posted thorn, hope you keep us posted.

Rach

thought I'd ask the question agian: I'm just wondering if I should carry on using BP after it's all cleared up?? Does Dan recommend we just keep using it permanently in case the acne comes back??

Rach

Hi Rach, unless you've grown out of acne then you'll need to keep using it.

I imagine if you've been using it a few years it might be worth trying to ease off it and see how your acne reacts.

Many users have found they can reduce the regimen to once a day and still have great success.

Thanks you so much you guys! I will keep coming back to this if i need to. I am having tremendous improvement. My friend who also has skin problems (eczema) has been a great support and said he can see the change in my skin. He has always been a great comfort for me as he understands what it is like to have bad problems with skin. It can make you feel like less of a person, if you know what i mean?? My mum and even my dad (who never really notices things like this) has said how incrediable my skin looks too. I have changed my makeup to mineral make-up from Estee-Lauders maximum coverage and that has made an incrediable difference too. It looks so much more natural and to think there are hardly any ingredients in it, puts my mind to rest a lot more... When you are using makeup that has all sorts of different ingredients in it, you never really know what you're putting onto your skin and what damage it is doing to it do you??

Thanks so much to Dan for all his promotion about BP! I'm glad i'm persisting with it and having some major improvements both with the acne itself and the texture of my skin. I'm trying not to get too excited about it all at the moment just in case the acne comes back (I've had it for a long time now and kinda learnt to live with it) but i am pretty confident that if my progress contiunes the way it is doing i will have clear skin in another month...i hope so anyway. Wish me luck!

Rach