Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dawizzyjizzy

Anyone with 100% Success?

Has anyone ever had 100% or anything near it with acne scar treatments? I mean I have been using mandelic acid for a good time now and I have good results, but I still see little fragments of most of my scars when Im up close on the mirror. Im pretty sure they are only noticeable to me but still I want to get over the "hump" to put it in other words. I dont think any product could clear you up 100% because a small rememberance will always be there.

When people talk about percentage on being clear, like for me I would say say I'm 75% clear, but Ive been stuck on 75%. And I think the rest of my recovery is just a long waiting period with or without products (I have hyperpigmentation by the way). Can anyone help me get over the hump or is time my only option?

I had an indentation on my chin which I dermasanded right after the scab came off. In six months time there was NO indentation left and I cannot see where the scar was. Unfortunately, I made another scar much worse on my cheek when I did the same thing. My opinion is that in general we are not at the point yet where anyone can guarantee 100% improvement. Additionally, there is no guarantee that my chin scar wouldn't have gone away on it's own. I think someday soon we will have guaranteed 100% improvement though!....... O:)

I have had vast improvements, but they have come about with a lot of treatments and a lot of time (like the past 12 years.) My scarring was never severe, but my skin has come a long, long way. You can read about my treatments, etc on the link below.

I am searching for some old, up close skin pics. I wish I could go back to the plastic that did my first dermabrasion and have something to compare. I can tell you though, I used to have a face full of freckles...no more after all those dermabrasions! HTH and feel free to ask me any ?"s biggrin.gif/

ya pretty much 98% success.

I haven't been here in a long time (thank God) =)

kinda graduated from the scar board .

but .

I just used ...

Tape Method + Apple Cider Vinegar + Queen Helen Mask

good stuff

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

There's no such thing as 100% SCAR improvement, BUT I still believe there is such thing as 100% red marks/pigmentation improvements. Scars are much tougher.

But- if you can fully heal your red marks and hyperpigmentation, improve your skin tone, you don't need to have 100% correction on your scars to look 'ok'.

I'm perfectly happy if some of my big/deep scars can be improved by 20-30% but I do want my whole face (tone, texture and red marks) to be improved by 50%.

Animegirlie- I saw your pic...wow, you basically have no scars.. :-k

What's HTH? :-s

i think for more shallow scars 100% improvement is possible, but for more moderate to deep scars i'd say good improvement is realistic but 100% is impossible, someone one the voy board talked about 100% of ALL (deep, moderate, and shallow) scarring; she said it took like 1.5yrs and cost around $12k.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

12K? Damn- If somebody gave me that money, I'll spend 2000 on smoothbeam, a couple hundreds on some peels, etc...to maintain at home and keep the rest of the dough.

I saw that gal's post on the Voy (who goes there anymore?????) who had virtually 100% improvement for 12K. First of all I am in no way doubting what she is saying but I really would need to see it. If true, 12K is cheap (not even a third of an OK car). Throwing money at it isn't necessarily a guarantee as we all know, though.

I doubt that people who have moderate to severe acne scars will obtain 100%. I have heard that once there is a scar there will always be some evidence as to the fact that damage was done.

Also, since this is a Scar Forum, this might not be the place to ask this question because most of the people here aren't 100% happy with results thus far, because they are searching for information for some reason. Just keep researching the many options out there and little by little see what works for you.

I mean I never had cysts or severe scars, but maybe I'm just being a little impatient with my recovery. My last major breakout was probably 2 months ago and obviously that is not enough time for 100% improvement. But my breakouts have died down practically 95% with Carley's Clear and Smooth so hopefully by eliminating the source of the problem I can just focus on healing scars.

i think for more shallow scars 100% improvement is possible, but for more moderate to deep scars i'd say good improvement is realistic but 100% is impossible, someone one the voy board talked about 100% of ALL (deep, moderate, and shallow) scarring; she said it took like 1.5yrs and cost around $12k.

I hate to think that one day in the future I won't be able to walk freely, in the open air and sunshine, and not give a thought to how my skin looks.

I hold onto the hope, no matter how unrealistic, that one day I WILL have no scars left on my face...

I hate to think that one day in the future I won't be able to walk freely, in the open air and sunshine, and not give a thought to how my skin looks.

I hold onto the hope, no matter how unrealistic, that one day I WILL have no scars left on my face...

ObiWontonKenoli, You stated "BUT I still believe there is such thing as 100% red marks/pigmentation improvements." That's basically my problem what are your suggestions? Thank you.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Well- I figured this was 'hypothetical' if there is such thing as 100% improvement? I don't know if we can fully correct the red marks to 100% probably some other guys here can also answer.

Assuming- you don't have any scars, this is PURELY red marks caused by acne and you have a non-dark/Asian skin. I believe you can correct it to almost non existent.

Many here can probably help you out...Denise, OursFan, Maya, Tracy, etc...lots of people should be able to help you out.

As for me- I'm experimenting with zianatural.com enzyme papaya/pumpkin exfoliator, hydroquinone 4%, Retina Micro .1% (currently added), Neutrogena On the spot, and Neutrogena 3.5% BP facewash, and Johnson and johnson 10%

I think for most people if you're relatively scar free and deal with only red marks. If you can reduce it by almost 70% (assuming you're pretty bad to start with). You already come out better than most people (even actresses and actors)

Just my opinion.

ObiWontonKenoli,

That actually makes me feel better. Because now that I think about it, when I had a pimple scar, it would be there for a couple of months. But that was bad in the day when I would get "A" zit, so one scar wouldnt be that noticebale. But sense I have a bad breakout a year or so ago, I have alot of little scars. But none are indented just hyperpigmentation (brown marks). But you made me realize that no acne scar of any kind ever stayed on me forever and they all eventually dissappeared until they were basically non existant. So maybe I should be a little more patient sense my breakout was a month or 2 ago. I have high expecatation senses my breakouts have ended.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Well- I think many of the younger members here have it much better than we "more mature" members. 90% of the time, when you say "ooh..i have lots of problems" it's usually not that bad, or at least it's just acne, NOT scars. So it's preventable.

Plus- like I said. If you have a clean skin, clear skin tone..who cares about a few scars?

That's my objective now. Instead of reducing the scars, which is almost impossible at my stage, I aim for improved texture, tone and overall marks.

I think shallow scarring can be improved 100% even 95%.. your face will never be perfect, i think its possible to eliminate shallow scarring with no sign of a scar was there.

moderate-severe scarring is harder but i believe its possible to achieve 60-80% and that can make a huge difference in your appearence.

Anyways if you got alot of scars here & mostly deep ones and your looking for perfection its not going to happen your just setting yourself up for a big dissapointment which could lead to being even more depressed.

If someone is really trying to acheive 100% improvement. The problem is no longer the scars, but the emotional problems that lie inside the person.

Someone should be happy with 85-90% IMHO.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

YES. I agree with fromchicago.

Docts can only repair the outside. You gotta work it from the inside too (self-image).

You know what, now that my scars are getting better,I'm focusing on the hairs that come out of pores. I absolutely hate them. They're too fine to zap with laser,and bleaching them every few weeks has to be bad for my skin, and I think why does it matter? I bet even if I found some way to get rid of those hairs, I'm sure I'll find something else. And you know what? I'm probably the only person in the world who notices those hairs and I hate it. I absolutely hate it.

So I'm telling myself, once the scars aren't noticeable anymore, let it be. Before the scarring started, I didn't care about my looks that much. I didn't wear makeup. There's a freedom to living that way. Once the scars are gone, I'm going to quit thinking about my skin, except for routine maintenance, and sunscreen.

That's my objective now. Instead of reducing the scars, which is almost impossible at my stage, I aim for improved texture, tone and overall marks.

My Doctor said that all the red und blue marks from my acne will be completly vanished some day. He also said that i can speed up that process when let sunlight and fresh air onto my skin. So sitting all the day at home does not halp very much...

My acne anded in July this year, but i still have very visible red and dark blue marks.

My scars are also still visible. I think that the skin needs many years to improve or vanish small acne scars. I hope i am wrong... wink.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Obi, what kind of stage do you have? 8-[