Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShockBotkins

My Update of Clearness

Hey Guys,

I've been using Dan's BP now for 3 months and I only use it at night.

For the first month I used it I cleared up a little but then started to eat chocolate donuts every morning for a week, I broke out with about 8 pimples. I stopped eating those donuts immediately and after 1-2 weeks I was back to almost clear. I was still getting the occassional pimple or two every week when I finally switched over to Cetaphil cleanser because before hand I was using the Dove Pink Bar Soap. Now after using cetaphil every morning and night, then applying the bp every night I've only had 1 pimple in the past month which was small and at the corner of my mouth. I have about 3 really noticeable red marks as of right now but no more pimples.

I don't know if it's the bp or cetaphil keeping me clear because ever since I switched from bar soap to cetaphil my face has felt good and smooth. I'm actually thinking about stopping bp because of the premature aging it can cause. But anyways that's my update.

Hi Shock, Cetaphil won't keep you clear but it may prevent unnecasary breakouts due to irritation which perhaps the dove caused.

Remember with each product switch you made, you were further in to the regimen and therefore around that time you woulda been getting gradually clearer anyway, so it maybe just coincidence that each time you switch product your skin become clearer.

It's likely that the BP was taking stronger effect.

Either way stick with what you're using now and congrats on the clear skin!

Thanks Maverick. The only thing that bothers me is the BP because of how it causes the free radicals for premature aging. But then again I've just been using it at night and only for 3 months, I believe I'll only need it for one year as I've been growing out of my acne in the past year. I just decided to get dan's bp to get rid of the left overs. So one year on bp every night I don't believe will do a lot of damage.