Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help my skin is painfully dry during the winter, but everytime i use a moisturizer it makes me break out badly. Does anyone know of moisturizers that won't make u break out? (dont suggest ceptaphil lotion or neutrogena ive already tried that). Also can washing your skin with a washcloth agrravate acne? please help.......thanks my fellow acne sufferers.

drink lots and lots and lots of water..it acts a moisturizer as well and can only benefit your skin

Try using less moisterizer, you should never be slathering a ton of it on. Just a bit is fine. As for the washcloth, as long as you aren't scrubbing your face with it, it's alright. It's best to just hold a washcloth soaked in warm water to your face to open the pores before washing with cleanser.

i use eucerin spf30 moisturizer, not the AHA kind. im clearing up without AHA and i dont wanna add things in if its working na'mean?

yeah, purpose dual action w/spf is great. the only moisturizer that im sure doesnt break me out. i also stated using neutrogena healthy skin, w/o spf, in the mornings. but what i do w/it is just lightly rub it into my skin w/water like it was soap, and rinse. do this, i guess u can use whatever moisturizer u want, after washing ur face in the mornings. i've found it keeps my skin pretty moisturized w/o the greasy look. also ur skin may feel a little dry even tho u do this right after washing, but its not nearly as dry as ur skin would have been, and in a few minutes ur skin will be fine.

Shea Butter! It's all natural, and you only have to apply it at night for it to be affective. It has all kinds of good stuff in it. If you want to know where you can find it let me know:).

try using Oil of Olay Moisturizing lotion for Combination/Oily Skin. It works really well and its oil-free so it doesnt cause breakouts. Hope this helps!