Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravity

bareMinerals makeup - what shade am I supposed to get?

To anyone that uses bareMinerals, I don't know whether I should buy "fair" or "light."

IMG_2300.jpg

this is a really bad picture but you get the idea.

Or, alternately... is there anything better/cheaper than bareMinerals? I want to get the starter kit because it has a brush and an instructive DVD (haha, how pathetic), but it doesn't look like they give you much makeup for $60.

edit: ok, I'm looking at Everyday Minerals, and I think I might try that instead, so I can get a small one for $6 in case I don't like it.

And what kind of brush am I supposed to get?

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=brushes

And I guess I'm looking at foundation and not powder?

AAAAHHH. This is so frustrating. Sucks being ugly.

Ehh you sure you want to go for Bare Minerals? Most people here HATE HATE HATE it... the bismuth oxide in it is known to make people's skin itchy and break them out.

Everyday Minerals is a popular mineral makeup on here though, definitely look into that one instead.

sorry to say, but BE is really really bad. Lots of people have complained about itching and breakouts and making them look like a shiny disco ball. The bismuth oxychloride in the makeup is the culprit. It causes itching very very bad, and makes you look very shiny. But if it does work fine for you go ahead :D but if u have never used it before i suggest getting MMU suggested on the boards. Like everyday minerals, joppa(bad customer service) meow, aubrey nicole) Just to name a few :D

Ehh you sure you want to go for Bare Minerals? Most people here HATE HATE HATE it... the bismuth oxide in it is known to make people's skin itchy and break them out.

Everyday Minerals is a popular mineral makeup on here though, definitely look into that one instead.

Yeah, I just edited my post to add that.

What kind? the foundation? and what kind of brush? and what shade do you suggest? haha, sorry for all the questions.

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=foundations

i use EM and love it. You might go for a light /neutral sorta of colour. (your face is nice and glow-y :D ) They also have 4 formulations. Intensive (for people who need extra coverage, i use this and is great!) semi-matte, matte and original glow (i would stay away from this one, more for people who have flawless skin) I use their premium kabuki brush and is the best brush they have. Also you can buy samples from them, and is free (just pay for shipping 5.00? i think) they come in little jar pots.

What kind? the foundation? and what kind of brush? and what shade do you suggest? haha, sorry for all the questions.

To find the right shade, I suggest definitely ordering samples before you buy the actual product.. that way you can find your perfect match :D

Want a great brush? www.choicebrush.com .. (go to the kabuki section) they are only 10 bucks and they are so cute and INCREDIBLY soft, they have not shed once either. A few other girls here use that brush too and love it =]

You can also try AubreyNicole mineral make up , best thing i've used , covers my redmarks and acne and stays on all day , doesnt make me shiny at all and looks very natural , also their cutomer service is great , you can order a sample kit for 6 dollars or the 4 foundation pack for 5 dollars to find your right shade of foundation =)

www.aubreynicole.com

Good luck with finding the best mineral make up , oh and iam glad your not going to try BE coz its not the best to put on your face when there is other brands that are better , talking about ingredients ofcourse.

I'll be one of the few people on here who will tell you to go with the bareMinerals mmu by Bare Escentuals. I absolutely love their mmu. It has had no bad side effects with me--no itchiness or redness or breakouts whatsoever. *shrug* To each their own, right?

If you go into a Sephora the people there can match it to your skin tone. It's kind of hard, otherwise, just by looking at the box to decide which color to go with it. And for $60, you actually do get PLENTY of makeup. I've had mine since November '05 and I STILL have plenty left to keep me going for a long time. You don't even realize how much LESS makeup you end up using when you use mmu. A little will go a long way--flawless coverage either way. It's awesome. :)