Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
breezie83

Finally! Bree vs Acne!

Hey Bree! Just dropping in to wish you luck, you're skin looks fairly similar to mine.. i kind of envy your 40mg x2 daily, however im glad in a way that im only on 30mg the first month.. eases into the side effects a bit better perhaps..

just wondering seen as you're in your first month aswell, do you find some blackheads you have (if you have much blackheads..) kinda getting bigger, some becoming spots etc.. and do you find your skin is itchy! arrgh! lol i certainly do..

and btw your face certainly is not disgusting! we are all certainly our own worst enemies.. you have such pretty eyes and facial features..

i wish you all the best as you come into your second month and i'll stop by to see your progress for sure- sun

DAYS TWENTY FOUR & TWENTY FIVE

so nothing really new, the huge breakouts are definitely going down and healing up and are easy to deal with. no new breakouts trying to make an appearance....yet. this whole process is just so confusing. its like my face is playing tricks on me. for a couple days im really happy, make up looks great and i get alot of compliments how my skin has improved. then BAM it breaks out. hopefully the rollercoaster will come to a halt sometime in the near future. skin is dry but i just keep mosturizing and its okay. lips are getting more and more chapped but i swear by the aquaphor! my eyes get dry at times, and inside of my nose definitely dry but still no nosebleeds. dont feel achy at all. and have really been watching my diet and such. ive lost a total of like 6 pounds so far. i tell ya what though im so sick of peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches! hahaha

-sun- awe thanks so much for that, its so nice to hear things like that and meet people that are going through the same things as me. yea, my derm said she was gonna ease me into it to, but her idea of that was 40mg once a day for just a week! hehe oh well though. i definitely thought the 80mg would be hitting me alot harder then what it is, as i read some people on here are on like 20mg and having a horrible experience. i think im just so use to acne, and trying not to be hyper sensitive. my face doesnt itch, but i can totally tell the blackheads on my nose seem so much bigger and noticeable, hopefully theyll come out soon! anyways thanks for the encouraging words!

Happy St Patricks Day (tomorrow)!!

It sounds like things are going well - IB or not - I mean, we all expected one, right? It just means you're one step closer to having clear skin....

Does your skin look pink/red or feel tender to the touch, like you've been sunburned?

a kinda funny thing i noticed. after everyone i tell that im taking accutane and explain it....every single of of them always say have you ever tried pro activ? hehe kinda makes me giggle cause i know they dont understand.

Lmaoo..

I think i might put that in my signature if u dont mind.. Probably the funniest thing i've ever heard here.

Goodluck with your course =) Accutane is a miracle.

DAYS TWENTY SIX/SEVEN & EIGHT

So nothing extremely new to report. My huge breakouts are definitely down and just healing. No really bad active breakouts...as of today anyways. Lips are definitely get more and more chapped but the aquaphor really works wonders, even though i apply it about every 8 minutes. hehe. i did notice i got a pimple on my upper arm, which is really weird. nothing big or anything. just weird. my face keeps looking worse and worse though. even though im not breaking out right this second my face just seems more red. and the horrible red spots are ever more red! a month in so far, i was kinda hoping time would go a little faster considering i have until august! ack! oh well. ill give 6 months out of my life to hopefully have clear skin! i did take some pics today. once again, horrible to look at. hopefully i can look back and be thankful my face isnt in the shape it is now. why do pimples even have to exist. wouldnt it be so much easier if no one ever got one. hehe.

-barb- yea i feel like im doing better but i definitely dont look it. my skin is definitely very red and flushed, but not tender at all to touch. i look really sunburnt, just on my face though go figure. hopefully itll go away after im off tane!

-cutiecakes- thanks! haha yea definitely hearing that as a response all the time got annoying. just goes to show when people think pimple they think of the commercial and famous people. oh well, hopefully ill have good results and they can tell other people its accutane not proactiv that works!!!

p.s. i added a photo album...check out my signature for pictures!

DAYS TWENTY NINE/THIRTY/THIRTY ONE

So again, not much new to report. no new major breakouts or anything. just manageable ones here and there. im still confused and expecting more breakouts though. i do have a pimple on my neck, go figure, nothing cystic just like a little red zit. the one on my arm is gone. my face is definitely getting some flakies but cetaphil rocks. same with my lips but i just drown them in aquaphor all the time before they can even think about getting dry! ive also noticed because i always mosturize my body with a dry skin lotion, and since i cant reach the middle of my back, my back is sooo dry and itchy! i hate it, now i know what the rest of my body would feel like if i didnt mosturize. so lather up with it and if you itch keep mosturizing!! but my moms coming down for the weekend ill make her lotion up my back. definitely have noticed more scrapes and scratches and if i scrape something or anything it hurts so much more! must be a sign my skin is definitely thinner. my face is still a little flushed ecspecially after i shower and mosturize. my hands are kinda red too, a little weird, somebody had even commented on them. but all in all i the accutane has been fine, nothing i cant manage or am miserable about. some people make it seem alot worse then what it really is! ive also been keeping a close eye on eating. not eating cholesterol or saturated fats. i think so far ive lost about 8/9 pounds. doesnt feel like it though. anyways, have a good weekend!

Hey!

I'm glad you're in high spirits!

My name is Ginny and I'm a 25yr old female. I'm starting on the same dose in about 2 weeks so I enjoy reading your log and following your progress!

Good luck to you and I wish you nothing but CLEAR SKIN!!! :D

DAYS THIRTY TWO/THREE/FOUR

Well, i got a new pimple on my right cheek, its to a head and so hard not to pick or pop!! no major breakouts though. just a couple little pimples that popped up. The pimples i do get now, ive noticed are not near as bad as i did before tane. And so far im fine with breaking out it truly doesnt bother me as much as it did. maybe its a mental thing knowing im on the accutane. friends and family definitely keep commenting on how good my skin is looking. i dont see it. but im glad they do. i definitely dont lay on the make up to heavy either. its nice getting accustomed to my skin. definitely no oil production, which i love! and my face hair and lips are dry, but next to none flaking. one huge thing i have noticed, ecspecially since its now warming up. i get hot flashes so bad. i feel like im menopausal. anyone else experience this? AND my upper lip (haha) as weird as this is keeps sweating! like that little indent above the lip, theres always sweat there! it sounds funny but its annoying! please tell me im not the only one! my upper and mid back is definitely dry and itchy i hate it. my mom did put some lotion on my back and said she could definitely feel the difference on how dry it was compared to the rest of my skin. so i need to come up with something to be able to reach there with lotion. but things are still going good.

-gin- thanks so much for reading! definitely keeping in good spirits, its one thing i think that really helps, ecspecially cause depression can be a side effect. good luck with your course! do you have a log? ill definitely stop by and check on ya! good luck to you too. to clear skin!!

p.s. updated photo album

Hey there Breezie! It's good to hear that things are going ok - I mean, yeah, you might still be getting breakouts, but it's not like they're monstrous, so that's good - you're just getting closer and closer to clear skin - over 1 month down now!

Sorry to report that I do not have the sweaty lip... :)

And I can feel you on the itchy back - I ask my husband to slather on the cream for me - without his help I'd go insane.

Your side effects don't sound too bad though for being on 80 mg/day. That's really cool.

Hey Bree! A month down! congrats... :thumbsup:

things seem good for you.. I have to say i had a look in your gallery earlier, and i thought wow! your skins doin great so far.. i really think you can see it in others more than yourself.. i think when things get a bit good for your skin, you think, yes! fantastic.. then you adjust, and if you have a minor setback (just an example) its like you no longer see how far you've come or so i think.. oh, us humans..

the upper lip thing, i can't say i've had it, but then again, the weather isn't exactly tropical here.. might have something to do with your lip care, i have noticed sometimes i've used vaseline and put it up a bit far on my lip, maybe if you've done that yourself, the suns got to it, hense the moisture there, who knows..

anyway the very best of luck, i'll of course drop back in soon, and hey i agree with Barb, not bad going on the side effects for 80mg, really good goin....

DAYS THIRTY FIVE/SIX

Well, i probably have maybe 4+ active pimples. Again nothing cystic or painful. I think im just so use to dealing with my skin and how horrible it got that nothing really affects me. Its so much better than what it was which makes it tolerable. And like alot of people think, the pimples just make me think everything is coming out. I do notice that the pimples that i do get heal alot quicker. Red marks are sllooowwlly fading but as you can see in my pics, definitely DEFINITELY still there. Lips dry when not smothered of course. back is still so itchy! ive also noticed in the mornings recently i do wake up a little achy. ecspecially my back. but mid morning its gone. im pretty much willing to deal with any side effects, hoping the end results will be worth it! I can tell my face texture is weird, some parts smooth other parts dry. dry but not flakey. i think what made my skin flakey for that period of time was the mosturizer i was using with an SPF. cause as soon as i went back to cetaphil it stopped.

-noodler- thanks for stopping by!

-barb- i know, one month. which is good cause im over a month but have 5 to go! sad when i look at it that way? how long are you on tane for? and good news sweaty lip is not such an issue right now. i think it was just the extremely warm weather we got?! who knows. im ready to glue a sponge on a stick so i can reach my back with lotion!

-sun-thanks! yea like i said i dont really see a improvement but then again i dont really expect to either, its still pretty soon. and i totally agree about adjusting to your improvements and freaking out when you get one pimple! totally true.

p.s. thanks to everyone that stops by and comments or those who dont. its really nice to know i can be giving insight to people in the same boat as me so they somewhat know to expect, and the encouraging, knowledgable comments are awesome. id be lost without this site!!

DAYS THRITY SEVEN/EIGHT

Well bad news. It may be very possible i am going through a second IB or maybe what i had before wasnt an IB. who knows. but i expect this, im only starting on my second month! Thats one thing i learned, never expect a miracle! definitely breaking out, nothing horrible where i want to lock myself in a dark room and cry but much worse than last week. But where i am not broken out, my skin is very smooth and soft, i love it! But yea, i dont think breakouts are very uncommon up until the beginning of the 3rd month. My derm had told me the first two months will be just as bad if not worse then before accutane. 3rd and 4th months i should start seeing everything calm down and slowly disappear and by the 5th and 6th month she said i shouldnt be breaking out at all. so we'll see if my acne follows her schedule! hehe. other than that no new amazing side effects. hot flashes are pretty much gone too, but i turned the heat off in my apartment so im sure that helped alot. anyways, have a great weekend!

total mg taken=2720

Hey there Sugar! I'm sorry your skin has it's own ajenda(sp?) :(

I hope the waters are calming!

Come update us soon.....we're here for you!

DAY 46

Well everything seems to be calming down more. Breakouts i did have are healing. My skin does get little patches of dry skin, and i was slacking on aquaphor and my lips got a little chapped too. Some body aches are definitely noticeable at times, nothing paiful though. Face still is pretty flushed. All in all nothing really new to report! I go see the derm in a week, so hopefully all my bloodwork is okay. I do have a question though on cumalitive dosage though. I know everyone says ideal is 120mg/kg....but what if i go over that?! is that better or worse. With being on 80mg for 6 months my dosage would be like 190-200mg/kg!! I updated my photo album. and now im even starting to see a difference...i made a collage comparing all the weeks ill try and get that posted!

thanks everyone for checking up on me!

have a wonderful weekend!

post-54961-1175881168_thumb.jpg

OMG it looks sooooo f'ing good! There is a huge difference. You must be on cloud nine. That is only six weeks wait until six months!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! :shock:

DAY 52

Well, just got back from the derm. she said my bloodwork was fine my cholesterol is a lil high but nothing to be concerned about since thats what a side effect of this medicene is. she also said form here on out i dont need anymore bloodwork just pregnancy tests. is this normal? she had said by now she'd see peaks in my blood if any to be concerned about and from here out they should stay about the same or go down. hm. im not sure if i like that. i think ill still get my bloodwork done for my own peace of mind. but other than that my skin is getting better and better. i wish i would of gone through with tane a long time ago! it truly is amazing. i went out for a bit last night and my friends were even complimenting me on how much improvement they see. so that makes me feel good. i have about 2 active pimples, and the rest of my face is pretty much just red spots. everything seems flat and smooth. my derm also said by next appointment if i wanted to i could start a bleaching cream to speed up the fading of the spots. she said it wouldnt make my face more dry either. maybe ill do that. as for side effects all in all nothing bad. lips get chapped a bit, and sometimes i get flakies on my face but lotion cures that. i do have a dry pacth of skin on my hand (feels like scales) but i keep lathering it up and seems like its getting better. all in all my experience has been great!

ill update with pics soon

Wow! Sounds like you're doing great so far! :D

Let us know the name of this bleaching cream if you end up using it. Sounds promising!

Keep on truckin'!

Hey Breezie! It sounds like we are having a similar experience, my skin is getting better also although I usually have 1-3 active spots at a time (much better than before the Tane though). I hope I get to Day 52 and stay good like you!

I'm sure if you ask your derm to do the blood tests anyway, she wouldn't say no - I mean, it's up to you and you're paying for it right?

DAY 64

Already past 60 days! woo hoo! hehe. havent updated regularly, but things are just so hectic in my life at the moment. Each day is getting better and better. I keep getting more and more compliments on how im improving. its so nice to hear. and so nice for once in so long im not obsessing about my face. my face isnt crystal clear, might have a few small tiny pimples and fading red spots. i can tell there is definitely scarring. but id take some scars for no active acne! no new crazy side effects. body aches maybe a little more than usual but nothing that makes me bed ridden. i know my lips are dry once i start licking em! dry skin patches on the tops of my hands and some flakies here and there on my face. i really love accutane and soooooo glad i decided to take it.

my camera is at my moms but as soon as i get it i will take some new pics!

Hey Breezie! So glad to hear things are going well for you...

I am so glad I decided to take accutane too - wish I would have done it years ago! Definitely post some new pics - I'll also try to do it this weekend!

DAY 85

Time sure does seem to fly! Things are going great! Better and better everyday. I have maybe a couple small very small active pimples but thats it. Havent had a cystic type pimple like before tane in i dont know how long! i cant believe it actuallly works. I expect to look in the mirror and see what i use to but every day im more and more impressed. Been sooo busy these past couple of weeks so its hard to update like i use to. But i ended up getting blood work done even though my derm said i didnt have to. and i just got back from my appointment and my levels went down a bit so she said i definitely dont need anymore bloodwork, just pregnancy tests. She was really impressed with how well im doing also and how my side effects are very minor. but she even said everyones side effects have such a wide spectrum but isnt it worth it for 5 months out of your life?! i totally agree. but anyways for my red spots that she wants to take care of she recomended this Rx Skin lightener cream made by Kinerase that she sells in her office. which might i add was $99! so it better work! lol...but it does have an spf in it and she said to use it before my mosturizer. and i think you can buy it online. Still havent gotten around to pictures, hopefully this weekend ill get some up! till then...

Hey Breezie!

It's great to hear that things are going good for you - they are going good for me too.

What side effects do you really have? Just chapped lips and dry skin?

$99! Holy moley!