Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Will-

Tazorac, Klaron, Erythromycin Regimen

Had acne for 4 years now, and am now 20 years old. Luckily it didn't start until just as high school was ending, I was a late bloomer I guess.

Been on Minocycline, Tetracycline, a small 20 mg dose of Accutane daily for only 3 months, Differin Gel, Retin-A, and more. The the small dose of Accutane worked for a while, but then it came back. Since the Accutane was prescribed by my local physician, I don't think he wanted to go crazy on it, and that's why the dose was so small. He stopped prescribing it, so I went to a dermatoligist, and he gave me a new set of things to try. I also tried Dan's regimen for about 4 months straight in the summer, and while all of these things helped, nothing really stopped it from coming.

Now for my first trip to a dermatologist he has precribed me the 0.05% Tazorac cream to wear at night, Klaron lotion for the day, and 2 pills of Erythromycin per day.

Let it begin!

*** Day 1 ***

12/4/03

Did the microwave hot towel to clean face last night. Tazorac for the night and Klaron this morning. The Klaron seems to work good as a moisturizer, face doesn't feel dry at all.

Few spots on forehead, mainly broken out on jaw line on both sides of face, and also neck.

Also will take lots of progress pics with the digital cam to post too.

*** Day 4 ***

12/7/03

INITIAL BREAKOUT! Ah jeeze face looks terrible. Red marks everywhere, forehead breaking out where it never has, here we go! After reading just about every regimen there is, I knew there would be an initial breakout, I just didn't want it to happen. Hopefully it wont last long.

Skin is very flaky now on this 4th day, using the Klaron lotion right after I get out of the shower in the morning.

That's about it so far.

*** Day 6 ***

12/9/03

Well today my face looks the worst it has in YEARS. I developed some nice cysts which I haven't gotten in years also. Face is so dry I can't even smile or eat until about 1:30 in the afternoon. Face is as red as a tomatoe and burns like the fires of hell. I also even skipped a couple days since the derm told me if my face got dry I could apply the Tazorac every other day. It hasn't helped, my skin is like leather now.

Breaking out on forehead which never happens, breaking on neck, everywhere I put this stuff has started to turn red and break out. Indeed Tazorac appears to have an initial breakout, so if you ever decide to start a regimine like this, make sure you start it at a time when you can HIDE IN THE DARK FOR A WHILE.

This is terrible, but I gotta stick with it... I think.

More to come...

*** Day 14 ***

12/18/03

Well it's been exactly 14 days since I started. Forehead still broken out, other red marks are fading. I stopped using the Klaron lotion after day 2, it just dried my face a bit too much, since I have really sensitive skin. I haven't been getting many whiteheads, just a lot of new red marks. Pimples heal fast now though, but still it's the millions of red marks making my skin look bad right now.

Skin is starting to get a little more aclamated to the Tazorac at night. In the morning the next day its not as dry as it used to be, but it is still a little leather like until around lunch time.

Other than that it is going ok. Hopefully by week 4 the red marks will start to fade a little more, we will see though. All in all the Tazorac is definately doing something, and luckily it seems this tube will last a LONG time.