Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

Accutane & rosacea

Is that you in your member profile pic? If it is I don't see any rosacea at all! Isn't rosacea supposed to be red 24/7 or is it only during certain times or something? Seriously, I know you hear this a lot but your beautiful, and it doesn't look like you have it, don't let this ruin your life. Here for some inspiration read this and pay attention to a certain part about when he wakes up and is normal until his mind tells him otherwise.

http://www.jasonbecker.com/ Read the part that says "Jason's Words"

Closed thread #6. :lol:

BA, her pictures are photoshopped. She even admits it.

I'll second the Jason Becker words. There's no slowing down for him, and that's the way it SHOULD be.

They kept emphasizing that ALS is always fatal. Bullshit!...<snip>...Also, I have been living very productively ten years after being given the so-called death sentence. Think of how many "healthy living people" have died in the last ten years, while I have made two CD's, written a few articles, and somehow make the coolest people like to be around me.

Well, she still would look beautiful, I have seen some other pictures of her and wow! Anyway, yeah man Jason Becker is one of the strongest people I know (not personally though...someday), he inspires me a lot, I actually cried when I read his story each time I read it!

Is that you in your member profile pic? If it is I don't see any rosacea at all! Isn't rosacea supposed to be red 24/7 or is it only during certain times or something? Seriously, I know you hear this a lot but your beautiful, and it doesn't look like you have it, don't let this ruin your life. Here for some inspiration read this and pay attention to a certain part about when he wakes up and is normal until his mind tells him otherwise.

Well, my face is red 24/7, and I also flush a lot during the day, although I don't think I don't have rosacea (I need to consult a derm though...), so don't get down on yourself too much, you really are pretty. Also, PLEASE read that link I provided, it will give you a different outlook on life. Here is a little wishful thinking for you :).

Enjoy!

I am sorry to hear this and sorry that you are having this experience. However, the links you are showing are not evidence. You have made a dozen posts about Accutane giving you rosacea on this forum and on rosacea boards, and I have read your posts on the rosacea forums where people have asked for help and you just made flippant remarks about how Accutane is evil. I don't see what purpose posts like this serve for people here or on rosacea boards looking for information, all they do is work as an outlet for your frustration. I understand your frustration, I have suffered from rosacea for two years it is a horrible, crippling disease especially emotionally. However, I have been on 80 mgs of Accutane for four months, I have one month to go and since being on Accutane, my flushing stopped after the first month and I am barely red. So in my case Accutane brought my rosacea under control. Redness is side effect of Accutane and can last up to six months after treatment ends. If you are using topicals post tane - that may be contributing to it - skin is extemely thin and fragile post tane. You should know by reading the rosacea forums that flushing can be controlled by various oral methods, you should be discussing this with your doctor or get a new doctor. You are not helping yourself or anyone on this board with this kind of venting.

I might have had such a mild form of rosacea that it never really bothered me. I remembered my face getting red sometimes like when I bent over for too long or when I played tennis in really hot weather. But never anything as severe as what i'm getting now. And now along with the red face, i'm getting this tingling burning sensations in my face.

Kanmi, unless I am not understanding your post correctly, it sounds like you had Rosacea before you ever took Accutane.

With the flushing, talk to Posh. I know he had a TERRIBLE time with flushing all during accutane and for months after, if I recall correctly.

I might have had such a mild form of rosacea that it never really bothered me. I remembered my face getting red sometimes like when I bent over for too long or when I played tennis in really hot weather. But never anything as severe as what i'm getting now. And now along with the red face, i'm getting this tingling burning sensations in my face.

Kanmi, unless I am not understanding your post correctly, it sounds like you had Rosacea before you ever took Accutane.

I am sorry to hear this and sorry that you are having this experience. However, the links you are showing are not evidence. You have made a dozen posts about Accutane giving you rosacea on this forum and on rosacea boards, and I have read your posts on the rosacea forums where people have asked for help and you just made flippant remarks about how Accutane is evil. I don't see what purpose posts like this serve for people here or on rosacea boards looking for information, all they do is work as an outlet for your frustration. I understand your frustration, I have suffered from rosacea for two years it is a horrible, crippling disease especially emotionally. However, I have been on 80 mgs of Accutane for four months, I have one month to go and since being on Accutane, my flushing stopped after the first month and I am barely red. So in my case Accutane brought my rosacea under control. Redness is side effect of Accutane and can last up to six months after treatment ends. If you are using topicals post tane - that may be contributing to it - skin is extemely thin and fragile post tane. You should know by reading the rosacea forums that flushing can be controlled by various oral methods, you should be discussing this with your doctor or get a new doctor. You are not helping yourself or anyone on this board with this kind of venting.

Jaymi as you may very well know most Derms are really retarded and especially when it comes to our fun skin disease called Rosacea. Derms these days hardly even treat "skin disease" anymore at all. All they want to do is silly botox and other methods that make you look younger. Why? Because that's where all the money is at.

With that being said, you might have to look at many Derms before you can find the right one that can help you with your Rosacea. Many people have lost hope in Derms and just use the internet to read and study about Rosacea and treat it themselfs and many people have had success with that.

Also Blue, don't be so fast to judge. People with Rosacea can actually have perfect skin (at least in the beginning stages of Rosacea) and still have the disease. It's the flushing aspect that is the Rosacea, redness normally soon comes after if the disease isn't controlled.

Your problem is that you're beautiful, I imagine a lot of the attention you've got from guys etc has been from your looks and so you rely on them too much and maybe feel insecure when you don't feel you look as good.

You could do all those things you listed if you were not controlled and consumed by your own beauty and self image.

I'm sure I've read that flushing can occur for several month after coming off accutane, I may be wrong but it sounds possible.

You obviously realise that being so self conscious about it may well be causing a large % of these flare ups, if the second you feel a tingle you believe you're going to go red, you'll go red and you get more self conscious and you'll go redder and redder.

Do you experience more flare ups when alone or when out in public?

You've tried Dermablend and Estee Lauder Maximum cover? To try to help mask the redness?

btw all of the above is just suggestions, I don't know you nor know the causes, solutions or anything else, I'm just suggesting possibilities.

what oral methods? panting?

How is anyone suffering from rosacea living? I honestly can't live with this much longer. I can't deal with "avoiding triggers" and never being able to go to the beach, or go camping, or go to an amusement park, or take a hot bath, or excercise wherever I want, or enjoy a warm night, or eat spicy foods, or drink alcohol ..... the list just

fucking goes on forever and ever.

How can anyone with rosacea actually LIVE? If they don't find a cure soon i'm jumping off a bridge.

Your problem is that you're beautiful, I imagine a lot of the attention you've got from guys etc has been from your looks and so you rely on them too much and maybe feel insecure when you don't feel you look as good.

You could do all those things you listed if you were not controlled and consumed by your own beauty and self image.

I'm sure I've read that flushing can occur for several month after coming off accutane, I may be wrong but it sounds possible.

You obviously realise that being so self conscious about it may well be causing a large % of these flare ups, if the second you feel a tingle you believe you're going to go red, you'll go red and you get more self conscious and you'll go redder and redder.

Do you experience more flare ups when alone or when out in public?

You've tried Dermablend and Estee Lauder Maximum cover? To try to help mask the redness?

btw all of the above is just suggestions, I don't know you nor know the causes, solutions or anything else, I'm just suggesting possibilities.

You act like flushing makes you Quasimodo or something. Many people get through life every day with monstrous disfigurements and a sunny attitude, because they know that life is for living, not for lamenting your bad luck. Attitude is the key to enjoying life, and attitude is all in your head. You choose the way you react to this problem. You choose to blow it all out of proportion and act like it's the end of the world and life's not worth living if you flush. You choose. And you could choose to change your attitude if you wanted to.

I'm not going to react well to being diagnosed with rosacea when i've been suffering from self-esteem issues since I hit puberty, when it's just been one thing after the other, and it never gets any better. I didn't fucking deserve this. I've suffered long enough. My attitude about this is never going to change.

Do what's left of your sanity a favor and read this.

Really Aubrey?! My grandfather died of ALS to! My mom was ten when he died. He died the day before my grandmothers 50th birthday :boohoo:

Im not usually this unsupportive kamni but your story is always the same! It seems like you like feeling bad =/ Otherwise you would do something about it instead of just pittying yourself and saying the same stuff here over and over again. Thats shooting yourself in the foot. Although I can relate. I think youre so used to being in this state that you dont know anything different and so its hard for you to change.

Yeah his story is very uplifting and how he lives and gets the energy to live and make the best of his life is beyond me.

I asked this twice and I am now going to ask this again, did you read the story Kanmi!? Also, now I don't think that you are sad and possibly suicidal, I think that you are depressed because I've had similar thoughts to you and I know I am/was depressed. YOU have better skin than me, YOU are more beautiful than me, YOU are your own worst critique...

This just gets everybody riled up. I wish these kind of topics would stop. It would be fine but you dont even care what members here think. People give you advice and you wont take any of it. Whats the point of complaining if you wont even change one single thing. I know its hard but you have to at least try and change. Otherwise you are just gonna continue to be upset all the time

I'm not going to react well to being diagnosed with rosacea when i've been suffering from self-esteem issues since I hit puberty, when it's just been one thing after the other, and it never gets any better. I didn't fucking deserve this. I've suffered long enough.

wow i just looked at your profile, kanmi. either you're really good at photoshopping or your face isnt as bad as you think. id kill for my face to look like the one in your gallery called "my scars"