Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ruby1234

make up and oily skin

hi, i have oily skin and have tried so many foundations but nothing seems to stay on then longer than about 2 hours. even revlon colorstay dosent last on me. :confused: it just seems to disappear on my skin. when i take off my make up with a make up remover towellette its basically clean not much make up even comes off on it. does anyone have any suggestions for liquid make ups that actually stay put?

thanks

Have you tried any mineral foundations? They go on like a powder, but their coverage is equivalent to a liquid.

thanks jen, i have tried mineral make up but it looked horrible on and my pores looked huge!!! also i really like liquid make up..i dont break out from them i just cant get them to stay on my skin!!

hi, i have oily skin and have tried so many foundations but nothing seems to stay on then longer than about 2 hours. even revlon colorstay dosent last on me. :confused: it just seems to disappear on my skin. when i take off my make up with a make up remover towellette its basically clean not much make up even comes off on it. does anyone have any suggestions for liquid make ups that actually stay put?

thanks

Have you tried a primer? They're supposed to make make up last much longer. A popular one is by Smashbox, or if you dont want to waste a crapload of money on that, alot of people say Monistat anti chaffin gel works just as good, if not better. And yes, its the crotch cream. You can view the thread here :D

Just about any makeup will slide of my oily skin unless I set it with pressed powder.

I am using Almay Smart Shade foundation, it's oil-free and hasn't created any problems for me, and I top it off with CoverGirl Fresh Look pressed powder. This usually keeps the shine at a manageable level.

Guest Sincerely_Me

I am a minerals convert. In any case, primer helps with pores and helping your make up go on smoother, but it also gives your make up something to hold onto so it lasts a bit longer. Brandy mentioned a pressed powder - it is a must, then again, loose powder is a good idea as well. Dust on loose powder in the morning, touch up with pressed during the day. Or you can use pressed powder alone, whichever you prefer.

Smashbox primer was mentioned which I love, but I use Monistat which is comparable to that primer. I know a bunch of people use aloe vera...fruit of the earth or something like that?

Maybe a lighter moisturizer would help?