Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caballera

clogged pores....what is it called?

Okay-- so I am not sure if this is the right forum b/c I am not really sure what it is called when you have little plugs of sebum in your pores. Is it blackheads or what? It is so gross on my nose and chin I can actually pull the little plugs out with tweezers and it leaves a big huge pore. What kind of acne is this? (I have other breakouts as well, but this is icky too) and does anyone have any reccomendations on the best way to treat this? I am currently on doxy and am in the process of switching from differin to ziana. would getting a facial help these clogged areas? I have tried the pore strips and maybe one or two come out...that's it.

thanks a bunch.

k

Facials will help, but you'll still need topicals; otherwise the pores will just fill up again. Ziana will help, but may not be enough on its own. I think a combination of Ziana and a good BHA product should work pretty well for you.

Read my pinned thread at the top of this forum ..... it's all about comedonal acne.