Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

The official, baby brush method thread, for exfoliating

Yeah I have this big bottle of Cetaphil lotion that said non-comogenic on it so I thought I could use it on my face but it's way too greasy, I just use that on those spots...I was actually looking for a new moisturizer last night but the cosmetics lady said just to exfoliate sooo got a brush and no moisturizer. I really think it is too soft but I'll give it a few days anyway, if it doesn't work good enough I'll just snip off some length so the bristles aren't so long and flimsy...if that doesn't work Ill get the baby brush :P

Yeah I have this big bottle of Cetaphil lotion that said non-comogenic on it so I thought I could use it on my face but it's way too greasy, I just use that on those spots...I was actually looking for a new moisturizer last night but the cosmetics lady said just to exfoliate sooo got a brush and no moisturizer. I really think it is too soft but I'll give it a few days anyway, if it doesn't work good enough I'll just snip off some length so the bristles aren't so long and flimsy...if that doesn't work Ill get the baby brush :P

Hm, true, cetaphil is pretty greasy. A good idea is thin it out with water so you get half the viscosity :) It thins out well

NdnRomeo...props to you dude. I honestly love this brush. I got mine last night, and i've used it twice and i LOVE the way my skin feels. It feels amazing, hopefully in a few days i will see some loss of acne results.

Thanks dude.

NdnRomeo...props to you dude. I honestly love this brush. I got mine last night, and i've used it twice and i LOVE the way my skin feels. It feels amazing, hopefully in a few days i will see some loss of acne results.

Thanks dude.

That is awesome man, I'm happy for you! It's become part of my regimen as well :).

After 4 months of using BP with more breakouts and no help at all. My face was actually better before using BP. It left lots of dead skin cells on my face and after buying a baby brush from walgreens, tonight was actually the 1st time I used the baby brush method. I noticed my skin was smooth, but I also noticed that my nose was bright red, is that normal? Or did I brush too hard?

After 4 months of using BP with more breakouts and no help at all. My face was actually better before using BP. It left lots of dead skin cells on my face and after buying a baby brush from walgreens, tonight was actually the 1st time I used the baby brush method. I noticed my skin was smooth, but I also noticed that my nose was bright red, is that normal? Or did I brush too hard?

It probably was a bit too much, try to be as gentle as possible. But sometimes even I need to brush a bit rough. A good solution would be using a mask weekly to remove really harsh dead skin. Or another method is take some jojoba oil and massage it into rough areas, it loosens up dead skin nicely and plugged pores filled with sebum (that isn't deep inside the pore, but on the surface).

Aspirin masks are great too.

Hellooo everybody. I dont usually post on this board very often but I just wanted to say I have tried the facial brushes before (which was recommended from my derms office when I asked about clogged pores) which I didnt like, but never the baby brush so Id like to give that a try.

I am currently using a different product that Im sure has similar effects. Its not a brush its a pad and is just as affordable as the brush.

Heres the link of the exact brand I use which you can get at walmart.

Clean Weave Facial Buff

Its the clean weave facial buff, which I used it before and stopped because I tried proactive and after giving that up I just forgot about this. But I kicked myself for not remembering that this wouldve easily resolved my exfoliation problems Ive been having lately. I think it definately has helped a lot of these clogged pores exfoliate properly because I cant even see the gunk in a particular spot with my magnification mirror anymore after using it now. I also do this while washing my face. I first wash the oil and makeup off then before rinsing I just massage it around my face. Definately works just fine that way and doesnt make my regimine difficult in any way.

I think it makes my skin softer by far. It feels good when you use it too, not like your scratching your face, it just feels like its sloughing off all the uck on your face. Give it a try if you'd like! Im going to eventually TRY the baby brush...so ill see if its any better, but Im guessing they are the same. Have a good day!

so i got this zit inbetween my eyebrows. it basically looked like the kind that would grow and become filled with pus, because thats the type of zits i get, esp. in that area. anyway, i used the baby brush as usual, and very gently went a few seconds longer in that area. it was flat this morning.

Hey there. I'm using the baby brush. I like it. :) Good suggestion.

I'll only be using it once a week.

Wow congrats :) I am happy it's working for you guys.

I find that moisturizing really well right after baby brushing really keeps those flakies away too. :dance:

Just bought my babybrush today and just used it. My skin's feeling very smooth.

Very awesome, hopefully this will replace any exfoliating creams that you have :)

what is babybrush? how do you use it?

Check the original post :) It tells you all about it

Baby brush + right cleanser = goodness.

I've been using Olay Foaming Cleanser for sensitive skin but I think I might go back to using the Olay Clarity Cleanser with SA. I really wanted to get away from using BP or SA, but I think the right cleanser can make a world of difference

Does this help at all with red marks (PIH) and/or blotchiness?

Thanks.

Hellooo everybody. I dont usually post on this board very often but I just wanted to say I have tried the facial brushes before (which was recommended from my derms office when I asked about clogged pores) which I didnt like, but never the baby brush so Id like to give that a try.

I am currently using a different product that Im sure has similar effects. Its not a brush its a pad and is just as affordable as the brush.

Heres the link of the exact brand I use which you can get at walmart.

Clean Weave Facial Buff

Its the clean weave facial buff, which I used it before and stopped because I tried proactive and after giving that up I just forgot about this. But I kicked myself for not remembering that this wouldve easily resolved my exfoliation problems Ive been having lately. I think it definately has helped a lot of these clogged pores exfoliate properly because I cant even see the gunk in a particular spot with my magnification mirror anymore after using it now. I also do this while washing my face. I first wash the oil and makeup off then before rinsing I just massage it around my face. Definately works just fine that way and doesnt make my regimine difficult in any way.

I think it makes my skin softer by far. It feels good when you use it too, not like your scratching your face, it just feels like its sloughing off all the uck on your face. Give it a try if you'd like! Im going to eventually TRY the baby brush...so ill see if its any better, but Im guessing they are the same. Have a good day!

I use those buff pads, too... they get the job done. I have no complaints.

Does this help at all with red marks (PIH) and/or blotchiness?

Thanks.

It should, since sloughing dead skin will allow skin to breathe, and hence heal faster. I have blotchy skin too, it helps all around.

Baby brush + right cleanser = goodness.

I've been using Olay Foaming Cleanser for sensitive skin but I think I might go back to using the Olay Clarity Cleanser with SA. I really wanted to get away from using BP or SA, but I think the right cleanser can make a world of difference

I share your concern right now, I don't know what to stick with as of right now. I'm juggling between three cleansers.

I've been using the baby brush method for a few weeks now and I must say that I absolutely love it. Everyone should try it!!

I wanted to follow up with my results. I've been using the baby brush for a month now and I've tried it several ways. I tried very, very gentle brushing/slightly firmer/and firm motions. I tried circular, sweeping outwards from the middle of face to the sides and also sweeping in all directions.

What has worked BEST for me:

-very very gentle brushing (the less irritation the better, and it still is effective in getting off dead skin cells)

-brushing from middle of face to outer edges

-doing it 1x a day versus 2x

-splaying bristles out instead of putting brush straight on face

I think if you overdo it with the exfoilation you're only going to aggravate your skin (which i did in my experimentation) and that leads to more acne and nobody wants that. Anyways that's my experience thus far. And YES I believe it does help with the skin tone because it can shed those old layers of skin cells off quicker evening out the complexion :cool:

Yeah, I've been doing this twice a day but I might cut it down to 1. I use Differen cream at night so I figure if I do it in the morning I'll be getting rid of the extra skin I'm shedding throughout the night

I'm liking it so far (have used the baby brush for a few days now). I cleared up quickly using the DKR, but the BP fried my face so I had to stop and take a break. The baby brush really gets rid of the excess dry skin without irritating. I'm having good results using it once per day (at night, in the shower, with cetaphil cleanser). After that I have been using witch hazel and then aloe vera gel. Every other day I use a pea sized dollop of BP (any more seems to really fry my face). I'm surprised at how calm my skin feels - the witch hazel actually is kind of soothing and the aloe gel even more so. Thanks for posting this thread NdnRomeo. I like reading your posts because you are always very positive, and that's what people suffering from acne need! :clap:

I'm liking it so far (have used the baby brush for a few days now). I cleared up quickly using the DKR, but the BP fried my face so I had to stop and take a break. The baby brush really gets rid of the excess dry skin without irritating. I'm having good results using it once per day (at night, in the shower, with cetaphil cleanser). After that I have been using witch hazel and then aloe vera gel. Every other day I use a pea sized dollop of BP (any more seems to really fry my face). I'm surprised at how calm my skin feels - the witch hazel actually is kind of soothing and the aloe gel even more so. Thanks for posting this thread NdnRomeo. I like reading your posts because you are always very positive, and that's what people suffering from acne need! :clap:

Hey thanks so much :) I really appreciate the feedback and compliment! We can beat this acne thing, I know it.

I wanted to follow up with my results. I've been using the baby brush for a month now and I've tried it several ways. I tried very, very gentle brushing/slightly firmer/and firm motions. I tried circular, sweeping outwards from the middle of face to the sides and also sweeping in all directions.

What has worked BEST for me:

-very very gentle brushing (the less irritation the better, and it still is effective in getting off dead skin cells)

-brushing from middle of face to outer edges

-doing it 1x a day versus 2x

-splaying bristles out instead of putting brush straight on face

I think if you overdo it with the exfoilation you're only going to aggravate your skin (which i did in my experimentation) and that leads to more acne and nobody wants that. Anyways that's my experience thus far. And YES I believe it does help with the skin tone because it can shed those old layers of skin cells off quicker evening out the complexion :cool:

Good idea, I am going to add this to the front page.

I always tell myself I wanna cut down to once a day but I take two showers every day so everytime I'm in the shower I'm tempted to use it

lol I know, it's addicting, even though I don't want to, I have to because it feels so nice and soft and makes my skin soft =)