Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

The official, baby brush method thread, for exfoliating

Well I have very sensative skin and I'm thinking this method isn't for me. I'm going to switch to a washcloth which I think will work just as well.

Like with everything I've used in the past, it's all about trial and error.

oryon i have very sensitive skin too so i'm still deciding if i should try this method or not.

i'm just wondering what made you think that this method is not for you?? did it irritate your skin even more?

i have very very sensitive skin and rosacea and some whiteheads and uneven skin tone ( i look like a tomato sometimes) but i have dry flakey skin on my face from time to time (and more these days idk why) so i really want to give this a try. anymore sensitive skin users tried this method before and how did it go?

Well I have very sensative skin and I'm thinking this method isn't for me. I'm going to switch to a washcloth which I think will work just as well.

Like with everything I've used in the past, it's all about trial and error.

oryon i have very sensitive skin too so i'm still deciding if i should try this method or not.

i'm just wondering what made you think that this method is not for you?? did it irritate your skin even more?

i have very very sensitive skin and rosacea and some whiteheads and uneven skin tone ( i look like a tomato sometimes) but i have dry flakey skin on my face from time to time (and more these days idk why) so i really want to give this a try. anymore sensitive skin users tried this method before and how did it go?

Well my face became red and I started getting breakouts, which I had under control prior to this exfoliating method. So I'm convinced this was the cause. I'm sure it does work for some people, just not me personally.

i tried this method 3 nights ago, and i tried it agian yesterday....but it didn't really help and i think it was kinda prickly and made my face red..ohh and i can STILL see dead skin on my face after doing it..:confused: someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong...!!

i bought the safety 1st baby brush from babys r us and i use this method at the sink (i dont' wash my face in the shower) and i run hot water on the brush and brush on my face...

few more question...

when i just start using this method should it do it on a daily basis or just once to two times a week??

and how long should i do this on my face? one minute? two minutes?

thanks in advance!

okay, i think i have to give up this method. i have tried this for three times, and 3 times in a row, i get red, patchy looking skin the next day, and i got a TON of tiny tiny tiny raised red bumps on my whole entire face including the "outer rims" of my cheeks and nose where i NEVER used to have anything there. i don't know what i did wrong and now my face looks like a complete mess and i'm soo depressed.

i did get less flakiness after using this method, but the redness and the whole new batch of bumps is not worth it. if you are a really sensitive skin user, i would avoid this at all costs.

okay, i think i have to give up this method. i have tried this for three times, and 3 times in a row, i get red, patchy looking skin the next day, and i got a TON of tiny tiny tiny raised red bumps on my whole entire face including the "outer rims" of my cheeks and nose where i NEVER used to have anything there. i don't know what i did wrong and now my face looks like a complete mess and i'm soo depressed.

i did get less flakiness after using this method, but the redness and the whole new batch of bumps is not worth it. if you are a really sensitive skin user, i would avoid this at all costs.

http://www.beautydeals.net/shop/details.html?id=4435

I don't use the babybrush since I found this mitt, get 2 so you can wash them often. I really, really like it. However, you have to take this slow too, as you can be too harsh on your face with this too. Sounds like you over did it a bit on the babybrush. Try putting dabs of neosporin on the really red areas and bumps and see if that helps.

I don't use the babybrush since I found this mitt, get 2 so you can wash them often. I really, really like it. However, you have to take this slow too, as you can be too harsh on your face with this too. Sounds like you over did it a bit on the babybrush. Try putting dabs of neosporin on the really red areas and bumps and see if that helps.

thanks for the recommendation. however i think i'll let my face rest and heal befor ei do anythign first. and i'm going to go to the dr.s tomorrow anyways so i'll see what he has to say too (hopefully he will FINALLY give me a derm to go to...)

ok i know i sound really stupid right now....but what is neosporin..? and would that irritate my skin even more? i have eczema/rosacea sensitive skin :ninja:

Romeo,

First of all, thanks a lot. I really appreciate all the time you take out to try and help people, its really generous. Anyway, I've been using the baby brush method and it has almost completely stopped me from getting whiteheads and between the baby brush and using just water on my face I've stopped getting cysts as well. Also, before this I couldn't even wash my face without it getting flaky and dry but now I can actually put warm water on my face without having to use moisturizer (I would love to use moisturizer but I've never found one that doesn't break me out).

However, the baby brush seems to be giving me lots of blackheads and little red bumps in certain parts of my face. I really don't want to stop using the brush though because it has solved my dry skin and whitehead problem (I used to have 5 on a given day) but I don't like the red bumps and blackheads. Do you think its my technique? Any advice?

thanks for the recommendation. however i think i'll let my face rest and heal befor ei do anythign first. and i'm going to go to the dr.s tomorrow anyways so i'll see what he has to say too (hopefully he will FINALLY give me a derm to go to...)

ok i know i sound really stupid right now....but what is neosporin..? and would that irritate my skin even more? i have eczema/rosacea sensitive skin :ninja:

http://neosporin.com/firstaid/neosporin.as...e=0&from=99

Not the one that is for pain. It is an antibiotic - small dabs on cuts helps them heal faster, great for zits you pop, etc. If you have inflamed skin or sensitive skin, I think you have to be really careful about any exfoliating until you get it under control a bit.

When I first started using the baby brush, Ididn't use soap, as it was rough on my skin, jojoba oil on the brush and on my face and massage it around that way. It really helped with the flakes.

Romeo,

First of all, thanks a lot. I really appreciate all the time you take out to try and help people, its really generous. Anyway, I've been using the baby brush method and it has almost completely stopped me from getting whiteheads and between the baby brush and using just water on my face I've stopped getting cysts as well. Also, before this I couldn't even wash my face without it getting flaky and dry but now I can actually put warm water on my face without having to use moisturizer (I would love to use moisturizer but I've never found one that doesn't break me out).

However, the baby brush seems to be giving me lots of blackheads and little red bumps in certain parts of my face. I really don't want to stop using the brush though because it has solved my dry skin and whitehead problem (I used to have 5 on a given day) but I don't like the red bumps and blackheads. Do you think its my technique? Any advice?

Wow that is good news to hear! I hope I am not too late, but check out my signature, it may help you further. I hope that can help you! I know those can stop as well :)

I've been trying the baby brush method for about 5 weeks, twice a week, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything? Anyone know why?

I've been trying the baby brush method for about 5 weeks, twice a week, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything? Anyone know why?

All it will primarily do is take the role of exfoliation for your skin =)

Hi Romeo,

I want to thank you for starting this thread. Anyway, the BBM helped me clear out the acne problem on my chin area due to shaving (well before, I used to shave but I use a trimming scissors to do the job without irritating it).

To all the guys who are having problems with shaving or acne on the chin, try this out, it will help a lot. Good luck!

Thx for the method Romeo, it's given me a new ray of hope when almost all hope was lost :dance:

Just a quick question:

I live in Canada and a few of the cleansing products you use are hard to find so I've gone out and bought alternatives. What do you think about the following products for your technique:

Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser with SA 2.0% w/w p/p?

Kiss My Face peaches and cream Ultra moisturizer?

I bought the brush that comes with the comb and aloe vera gel from our local drug store.

Thx for any input.

dang nice to see so many people having success.

unfortunately for me, i tried a few different baby brushes and all werent soft enough for my skin (i guess i just have really sensitive skin). all i ended up with was a very scratched up face no matter how lightly i tried to do it.

I'm jumping on the baby hair brush boat!

Just yesterday I purchased Dan's AHA to exfoliate my skin, but today I realized that I don't wanna mess with any more chemicals and risk the chance of sunburn (I wouldn't use a sunscreen with the AHA because I'm too lazy...). Hopefully I can get a refund.

Bought one from here http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2738100

Obviously I'm gonna be throwing away that comb lol.

Hopefully this makes my skin glow + get rid of those last stubborn pimples I have!

I think it will work for me personally. I've noticed that on my back, whenever I use soap without a washcloth, I get acne; however, when I rub like a madman with a washcloth (not that hard..but it confident strokes), it goes away. I don't think it's the actually hardness of the rubbing that helps, but rather the exfoliating nature of the washcloth.

I'm hoping that the same applies to my face..