Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

The official, baby brush method thread, for exfoliating

although its a baby brush it does feel a bit rough? i saw a facial brush from natural bristles in a shop the other day maybe that would be better

Most facial brushes are softer and don't do much for exfoliation, but if you feel the baby's hair brush is too rough for you, it wouldn't hurt to try a facial brush. Just be gentle. :) Did you let hot water run over the baby's hair brush before you used it? That helps significantly!

(NdnRomeo said he didn't mind me answering ?s here...) :)

yeah i dibut i feel its to hrash,can the facial one be too soft? does that stop it working as well

Hey everyone.

I just bought the baby brush today and used it only a few hours ago. Since then, my skin has become noticeably redder and my scars are more visible than usual. Is this what exfoliation does? Or maybe my scars are more visible because i haven't exfoliated in so long and that the dead skin is all finally off? To get rid of the scars, would you say this is neccessary?

Any help would be great :)

Excuse me if my questions are simple, it's just i've never used exfoliation ever since 'exfoliation scrubs' in the past which only lead to more breakouts for me.

Lol never mind. My skin looks way better and feels lighter this morning :) More 'dewy' and no redness :razz: I reckon it was only red because there so much gunk (Dead skin) on my face that had to be sloughed and the result was that the skin underneath wasn't expecting it and was a bit raw.

I'll updtae from time to time

Lol never mind. My skin looks way better and feels lighter this morning :) More 'dewy' and no redness :razz: I reckon it was only red because there so much gunk (Dead skin) on my face that had to be sloughed and the result was that the skin underneath wasn't expecting it and was a bit raw.

I'll updtae from time to time

Yup, it will die down :). That happens with exfoliator alot, but it subsides =)

can you use a toothbrush (new of course)

can i use a big paint brush ^_^

Haha I don't know about all that =P

And I wouldn't use a toothbrush... but you can try

im going to try the face brush as feels light it would work but not as rough as baby brush i got.

im going to buy one soon and im seeing alot of positive comments i hope the same thing it would happen to me

Hmm... cool, I just read like 15 pages of this thread, definatley going to try and find one tomorrow. My skin is flakey as hell, wish I had one right now !! LOL...

ok i bought one right away after i saw this thread, i just started using it, after i got out of the shower my red marks actually is more noticable O.O, and what would happen if i dun put moisturize on, because my face doesnt feel dry anymore after i use the baby brush :D

ok i bought one right away after i saw this thread, i just started using it, after i got out of the shower my red marks actually is more noticable O.O, and what would happen if i dun put moisturize on, because my face doesnt feel dry anymore after i use the baby brush :D

It's normal to be red. Another example is getting microderm. It's red for a long time after but what happens is a good portion of old skin is exfoliated to leave smooth soft skin underneath. Just be sure not to pop any whiteheads and you will be okay :).

Moisturizer is an added bonus, if you do not want to use one that would be your call but it does help too.

It's normal to be red. Another example is getting microderm. It's red for a long time after but what happens is a good portion of old skin is exfoliated to leave smooth soft skin underneath. Just be sure not to pop any whiteheads and you will be okay :).

Moisturizer is an added bonus, if you do not want to use one that would be your call but it does help too.

thank u so much for the reply hopefully tomorow its not as red ;] thank you, i will keep posting updates about the brush ;]

thank u so much for the reply hopefully tomorow its not as red ;] thank you, i will keep posting updates about the brush ;]

no problem! Best of luck, I'll be here

My acne is mostly small red dots that rarely form to whiteheads, focused on my cheeks near my mouth. This could be something helpful. I'm going to pick up a baby brush tonight, and start trying this method. I'll let you know my results.

YAY! I found 2 yesterday, I got an actually baby brush for 3.99 at london drugs, and then I went to the dollar store and found a lil round face brush thing $1 ... I got them home and the one from the dollar store is actually softer and better. It comes with a lid too. I used it last night and it seemed to smooth my skin out a bit =)

YAY! I found 2 yesterday, I got an actually baby brush for 3.99 at london drugs, and then I went to the dollar store and found a lil round face brush thing $1 ... I got them home and the one from the dollar store is actually softer and better. It comes with a lid too. I used it last night and it seemed to smooth my skin out a bit =)

sweet!!

hmm i really think this brush is working its been about 4-5 days, and my acne scar has gone lighter, well see ina c ouple months :D thanx man for the baby brush tip

i've worked this into my regimen.

morning:

wash (cetaphil)

baby brush

moisturize (cetaphil)

night:

wash (cetaphil)

2.5% bp (neutrogena)

anyone using the baby brush AND using bp twice a day still?

what about a clean toothbrush :D?

I use a soft toothbrush, it works fine. I actually prefer it because I can target area's I know to be flaky without irritating other sections of my face like I would be doing with a larger brush. :)

just wondering if hot water is really best or might very cold water be better? I've tried it both ways and the super cold water way feels less irritating...since it's closing your pores and preventing any oils and dead cells from being worked into your skin by the brush, maybe it's better?

just wondering if hot water is really best or might very cold water be better? I've tried it both ways and the super cold water way feels less irritating...since it's closing your pores and preventing any oils and dead cells from being worked into your skin by the brush, maybe it's better?

warm, since cold does not get much off of your face

i've started doing the exfoliation in the morning, and simply following it up with some moisturizing vaseline. red marks have either faded or are much less visible and spots are not a problem. i skipped a day and my face healed up a bit, i guess it needed rest. i just tried every other day and apparently that isn't enough. once a week of rest with this might be what i need. so far though my skin is looking great, and it's all thanks to the baby brush.

hey just wondered how often u need to change the brush because mine doesnt seem as soft any more and ive had it a couple months now.