Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

The official, baby brush method thread, for exfoliating

sounds like its worth a try hopefully i can pick one of these brushes up, thank you.

niiiiiice def. will try it!

How often to do exfoliate ?

Check the original post under "how often" :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

This sounds really great.My face used to be super flakey while on BP but not so much anymore although i still have some flakey spots.I think im going to order this and a complex 15 lotion 3 pack from amazon- hey, free shipping :dance:

This sounds really great.My face used to be super flakey while on BP but not so much anymore although i still have some flakey spots.I think im going to order this and a complex 15 lotion 3 pack from amazon- hey, free shipping :dance:

Good luck dear! :dance:

so do you still use baking soda?

I personally never did. I tried once but it was too harsh for my skin, so I just don't use it

Ive been using baking soda and It has not been to harsh for my skin, it has been the best exfoliate I have ever used. My baby brush came in my mail and I am starting to use it today.

Ive been using baking soda and It has not been to harsh for my skin, it has been the best exfoliate I have ever used. My baby brush came in my mail and I am starting to use it today.

Awesome! I'm happy for you, good luck with it :) If baking soda isn't harsh for your skin, then use it along with it, it should yield awesome results!

How long was it before you saw noticeable results?

I tried brush exfoliation a while ago, but most of the time I was using the harder-bristled brushes. I didn't see much improvement, but you may be on to something with the softer baby brush bristles. :think:

How long was it before you saw noticeable results?

I tried brush exfoliation a while ago, but most of the time I was using the harder-bristled brushes. I didn't see much improvement, but you may be on to something with the softer baby brush bristles. :think:

I don't know if it would be fair to compare my results with everyone else, since we all also wash differently and have different diet and exercise levels etc, but for the most part, it does a great job of ridding all the dead skin cells :). I would say in two weeks, my face got to where it should be. People said my face was glowing since I had no dead skin or damaged skin from the BP and other harsh chemicals, and just smooth skin. Granted there was still the same amount of oil, I had to go through other means to correct that part. But definitely, the brush gets rid of dead skin cells that will clog your pores with the oil on your face.

Bob's regimine is the best. I don't follow it all the way since we are all made a bit different. But the foundations are the same. I eat very healthiy, with greens and fruits as my primary diet. Water (10 -14 glasses daily), and take my EFA fish oil, multi vitamin, and exercise 3 to 4 times a week intensley.

Now people actually compliment my skin! It's awesome.

One other thing that has cleared up my body acne is the same concept with the brush. I use a textured sponge I got at cvs to exfoliate my body and wash it. It worked!

Just remember to be as holistic as possible :)

Sorry I rambled on :redface:

Im so stealing my son's hair brush and doing this :lol:

But seriously, thanks for posting! I think I'll try it. It makes a lot of sense and seems gentle enough for my super sensitive skin.

Im so stealing my son's hair brush and doing this :lol:

But seriously, thanks for posting! I think I'll try it. It makes a lot of sense and seems gentle enough for my super sensitive skin.

No problem :) I use a gentle SA wash and have sensitive skin too, so what happens is the SA exfoliates the skin, which leads to lootsss of cell turnover, which means I needed something sensitive to get it off or I'd get more acne. It helped wonders :) Because no matter how hard you scrub, you can't do much since it's so soft to your skin hehe

Ive been exfoliating with Baking Soda for 2 weeks now and have used the Baby Brush for the past 2 days and I have gotten amazing results. Before I would only exfoliate once per week and now I exfoliate with baking soda and the Baby Brush and my skin is so smooth, My skin is completly clearing up so far. I eat healthy and everything but this seems to be the thing that I was using. I was thinking, we can eat healthy and exercise daily but if we have the type of skin that does not shed excessive dead skin cells properly then we will still get acne.

Wasn't there a thread about exfoliating with a facial brush and using Neo cream on it after? It was by a Mod that went by the name of Jess. What is the difference between the baby brush and facial one? As I recall the facial one was soft too, so would the baby brush be even softer?

Wasn't there a thread about exfoliating with a facial brush and using Neo cream on it after? It was by a Mod that went by the name of Jess. What is the difference between the baby brush and facial one? As I recall the facial one was soft too, so would the baby brush be even softer?

Jess went and bought a brush from walgreens, which turned out to be a body brush, which was a bit too harsh for the face. This is much softer, and hand sized so it fits in your palm, and has softer brushes (since it's made for a baby's delicate skin).

:) It works better than I expected

Ive been exfoliating with Baking Soda for 2 weeks now and have used the Baby Brush for the past 2 days and I have gotten amazing results. Before I would only exfoliate once per week and now I exfoliate with baking soda and the Baby Brush and my skin is so smooth, My skin is completly clearing up so far. I eat healthy and everything but this seems to be the thing that I was using. I was thinking, we can eat healthy and exercise daily but if we have the type of skin that does not shed excessive dead skin cells properly then we will still get acne.

Bingo :) I am glad it's working for you! It makes me really happy!

And you are absolutely right, eating and exercising clears toxins, and the filth from our body, and makes skin stronger and healthy. Washing properly rids the skin of what it sheds from being healthy etc etc since cell turnover increases.

Even bobmcee follows this now :dance:

Did you check out the thread on omega 3 (fish oil).

Just as this got rid of dead skin cells, the fish oil thread will put an end to excessive oil. So basicall no dead skin cells and no excess oil production.

Plus you already eat right too and exercise like me to expel toxins. Try that out, the fish oil will help and now you'll really start seeing impressive results!

Try it out.

Just wanted to let you all know that I have been clear for several months now, but a few weeks ago at my work we all got clarisonic brushes to take home and try. Well all I can say is that my pores are clear and my skin is smooth! Now I finally know that there is so much more to skin than just being clear, its about the pores too. I am wondering if the baby brush would give me as good of results as the clarisonic.. It would definitely save some cash since they retail for $195, but it seems like a similar concept to me. I'm happy to hear that other people are having great results like I am. :)

Just wanted to let you all know that I have been clear for several months now, but a few weeks ago at my work we all got clarisonic brushes to take home and try. Well all I can say is that my pores are clear and my skin is smooth! Now I finally know that there is so much more to skin than just being clear, its about the pores too. I am wondering if the baby brush would give me as good of results as the clarisonic.. It would definitely save some cash since they retail for $195, but it seems like a similar concept to me. I'm happy to hear that other people are having great results like I am. :)

The answer is yes. It does the exact same thing. I just looked at it, and the bristles look exactly like a baby hair brush! Really soft, smooth, and exfoliates without irritation. It will do the job.

If they can sell it for 200, and still have people buy it, they'd never tell you otherwise ;)

Try it out, it's only $5. If you still believe that the product you have is 40x better, than feel free to continue but it should get the job done just as good :dance:

Bingo :) I am glad it's working for you! It makes me really happy!

And you are absolutely right, eating and exercising clears toxins, and the filth from our body, and makes skin stronger and healthy. Washing properly rids the skin of what it sheds from being healthy etc etc since cell turnover increases.

Even bobmcee follows this now :dance:

Did you check out the thread on omega 3 (fish oil).

Just as this got rid of dead skin cells, the fish oil thread will put an end to excessive oil. So basicall no dead skin cells and no excess oil production.

Plus you already eat right too and exercise like me to expel toxins. Try that out, the fish oil will help and now you'll really start seeing impressive results!

Try it out.

Yeah I have been taking high quality omega 3's for over a year and that did alot for my skin, it seems that all I was missing was exfoliating. It has been the very thing that I was missing in my skin care for smooth clear skin.