Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello all, i have suffered from acne for 5 years i went on accutane for 5 months last year and it cleared my acne up pretty well (am just left with redness and scarring but thats ok) anyway i have incredibly oily skin, i have to wash my hair every day and my face just looks wet its so YUK! anyway have been taking 1g of vitamin b5 for a week havnt seen any improvement yet, but i am also wondering if i should take:

• Flax seed oil capsules? (will this make an improvement? and how much should i take?)
  • Omega 3 fish oils? (how much and will it make an improvement?)

i cant take 10g of b5, i think its ridiculous to be popping that many pills and anyway in the product ratings most people have said that 10g is way too much and 1g will be fine. thanks for the reply though

i cant take 10g of b5, i think its ridiculous to be popping that many pills and anyway in the product ratings most people have said that 10g is way too much and 1g will be fine. thanks for the reply though

Everything I've read says 1g is too little and 10g is def way too much, it's closer to 3g-5g where most poeple see some sort of improvement.

Also few ppl reported taking 20g, but you'll prolly start losing your hair upwards of that much.

thanks for the advice, ill start taking 3g i think from now. Will omega 3 fish oils and flax seed oil capsules help with oiliness too?

A ridiculous amount of poeple report negative effects of taking Fish oil in pill form. I don't know if it's the quality or the amount they are taking but for some reason fish oil can cause bad breakouts, some poeple even seem to be allergic to it.

Personally I had such bad breakouts while on fish oil I didnt even make it through two months supply.

I don't know if Flax oil will help because I eat Flax seed (which helps), I put it in my pancakes it's awesome. In mu opinion it's better to eat the ground seed because it has a better nutritional profile than the oil alone, especially when considering the fiber.