Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peachy_D225

Discontinuing Antibiotics

A few months ago I started taking Spironolactone, which has really cleared up my skin. About 3 weeks ago I stopped taking Minocycline (I had been taking it continously for many years). So far, my skin is still clear, and I haven't started breaking out. I'm wondering if I'm in the clear, or if it's still likely that I might start breaking out again soon.

For those who have been on antibiotics, gotten clear, and then discontinued antibiotics, did you end up staying clear? If not, after how long did you start breaking out again? Thanks!

Guest Guest

i just started about 6 weeks ago... amoxiccilin for a tooth infection got me clear after 2 weeks, if i missed a day id breakout. and big ones, bigger than before, could be a coincidence as i did get big ones before, just not as many. Then I switched to doxy.. I am assuming if you stop you will breakout far worse than before. sorry, i wish it didnt work that way too. I have heard of some people stopping antibiotics and it never coming back, but it is rare.. Try going every other day and see what happens.

that was my reply above, wasn't signed in, and apparently wasn't paying too close attention to what you said..

its been 3 weeks since you stopped taking it !!!!

I think you are in the clear.. I would start to celebrate.

age when you started?? and stopped?? It could just be that your oil production has gone down significantly.

i just started about 6 weeks ago... amoxiccilin for a tooth infection got me clear after 2 weeks, if i missed a day id breakout. and big ones, bigger than before, could be a coincidence as i did get big ones before, just not as many. Then I switched to doxy.. I am assuming if you stop you will breakout far worse than before. sorry, i wish it didnt work that way too. I have heard of some people stopping antibiotics and it never coming back, but it is rare.. Try going every other day and see what happens.

About 3 weeks ago I stopped taking Minocycline (I had been taking it continously for years). So far, my skin is still clear, and I haven't started breaking out. I'm wondering if I'm in the clear, or if it's still likely that I might start breaking out again soon.

For those who have been on antibiotics, gotten clear, and then discontinued antibiotics, did you end up staying clear? If not, after how long did you start breaking out again? Thanks!

Guest Guest
well if you are just exiting your teenage years, it is very possible you have grown out of acne.. cheers