Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oddball

Brewers yeast

Brewers yeast has made me spew my guts for the second time in a week, does anyone know a good way to make it taste better?

Its absolutely rancid.

Brewers yeast has made me spew my guts for the second time in a week, does anyone know a good way to make it taste better?

Its absolutely rancid.

Just tried today and YUMMY!

~1/2 cup milk

~ 1 tsp sugar (or can use honey if preferred....to taste)

~ 1/2 tsp brewer's yeast

- mix 'em in a cup using a milk frother thingy.... makes a damn-good shake! :D

- i'm thinking a bit of vanilla flavour might be nice too...

Brewer's yeast is definitely an acquired taste. I've used it for years (DECADES, in fact), and I can tell you now truthfully that you can give me any brand on the market, and I'll take a big heaping teaspoonful of it and dump it straight into my mouth and scarf it down (after wetting it down with water, since it's always so dry). I don't mind the taste at all.

And if you think it tastes bad NOW, you should have tried the brands that were on the market, say, 30 years or so ago! They were MUCH worse. Nowadays, they've made great strides at improving the taste of most brewer's yeasts. Just the touch of a chemist's hand can make a big difference in both the taste and the nutritional content.

Bryan

Over the past two months I have purchased two cans of Lewis Labs Brewers Yeast that appeared to be rancid.

Generally this product smells and tastes fine, but these two cans smelled and tasted bad. I returned them and received new ones. I have been taking Brewers Yeast for years and never encountered this.

I am now afraid to buy another can.

Over the past two months I have purchased two cans of Lewis Labs Brewers Yeast that appeared to be rancid.

That's hard to believe, since the fat content is so low.