Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ConfusedBoy

I REALLY HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS

say your out at a restaurant, at a gym, or you go to the movies. Dont you hate it when people look at your acne and try to reccommend something like theyre a freaken doctor. This happens to me all the time in public and i get so angry i just want to knock that person out. I mean we as acne sufferers know more about acne then anyone else...and the advice is usually coming from a person who has totally clear face and probably whose never been through acne. It just sort of pisses me off. Here are some things ive had people tell me before(and none of these are lies)

1. Do u have chicken pox?(this one pisst me off so much)

2. U should eat more pineapples

3. Man your breaking out...what happened?

4. Your face is really red!!!

5. You should eat more vitamins

people need to just mind their own business, even if theyre trying to help cause they think we dont know anything about acne!!

when i had baddddd acne, people would be like, "oh use this cleaser.. blah blah blah" or like "what happened to your face.."

this and that..

its fustrating..

yeah, its almost like they think they are the first person to notice the state of your skin. bastards! dont you think i can see it too?? ](*,)

yeah although im clear now, next time i hear somebody say that to a person with acne im gonna run up to the asshole and say hey u know they can do things about big noses or hey you know they have liposuction or some shit so they know what it feels like.

Hey ^^^ that was spot on. Telling someone something about their acne is like going up to someone who looks overweight and saying 'you know jenny craig really works apparently'

I used to get lots of comments and quit my job because people kept 'suggesting' things to me. Even after I finished my course of roaccutance the f*ckers ](*,)

i feel ya on that man. assholes be saying "hey man whats that on your face?" as if i didnt knew it was there.

"You should try..." shut the fuck up, i already did.

"how come you have..." god hates me.

these assholes actually think they're helping us. for some reason it reminds me of the time when my friend was talking to his co-worker and he couldn't concentrate and burst out laughing cuz he had severe ance. how fuck up is that. fuck, that changed my whole perceptive when talking to people. i always be looking down and shit.

I've stopped using the regime because my skin cant handle it. I just realized it was the thing making my skin look so bad lately (it used to be OK though). I'll actually make a post about what I discovered in the regime forum

it makes the skin look worst initially then it gets better

i can honestly say

BP 2.5 cleared my skin

lol. The people that make those "one-liner-suggestions" must have severe mental challenges. I can't imagine why anyone would say something so stupid as "you need to wash your face", or "eat more pineapples". That is just stupid as heck. Unbelievable.

Its due to insensitivity. I was guilty of it. A few years ago I was talking to this friend of mine. She was vain at the time and always asking me on opinions about her looks. I said helpfully " maybe you could go get double eyelids" and she said to me" Well you should go put concealer on those marks of yours".. and I realise I must have hurt her feelings. Think about it, have you ever said anything insensitive to anyone?

Its due to insensitivity. I was guilty of it. A few years ago I was talking to this friend of mine. She was vain at the time and always asking me on opinions about her looks. I said helpfully \" maybe you could go get double eyelids\" and she said to me\" Well you should go put concealer on those marks of yours\".. and I realise I must have hurt her feelings. Think about it, have you ever said anything insensitive to anyone?

I know exactly how you feel, ConfusedBoy. I moved to Vietnam in August and my acne came back - not sure if it's the humidity or stress of moving to a new place. But for the past months I have been getting advice from family members, neighbors and complete strangers. I was buying beef jerky at the market and the lady next to me told me not to eat beef because that's what's been causing my breakouts. I went to see a "doctor" and he told me to stay away from beef too. :-s Strange. I've had people tell me I don't eat enough vegetables, i don't drink enough water, I stay up too late, I should try this fantastic home remedy that worked wonders for their friend's cousin's daughter. I was at work, eating some pistachios, and co worker said in a booming voice, "Don't eat those - it will give you more pimples." Thanks - say that a little louder, I don't think they heard you in the other building. It's driving me nuts.

More things that bother me: people who give me daily reports on how my face is doing, telling me every day that it's not getting better or the scars don't seem to be fading, and people who tell me i look horrible then ask me why I look so sad.

I'm on Retin-A Micro right now and no new breakouts; just a lot of red scars which i hope will go away soon. Anyways, thanks for letting me rant. It makes me feel better to visit this forum and read everyone's posts. Makes me feel less alone.

Have a great Christmas everyone!!

TOT

Guest Crooked I

Dude - what happened to your face?!?!?

My favorite is when my mom says "hey your face is looking a little better today" right in front of two clear skinned teenage stepsisters. YEAH THANKS MOM, GO SIT ON A PINEAPPLE

Haha my mom asked me this morning "Why are you breaking out again?!"

..Hmm i don't know mom, IT JUST HAPPENS ITS A PART OF LIFE YOU IDIOT.

The worst ever is when people talk about you and say....ohhh he must eat alot of sweets.......or if your at the vending maching getting something edible and someone looks at you as much as to say.........ohhhh you shouldnt eat that...........or ........no wonder hes the way he is from what hes eating.

I get alot of that daily and Im on the edge with it now.......If I ever hear someone passing a comment I will make them melt into the ground in front of everyone as much as possible.

90% of people out there think acne is caused by poor diet.......can you God damn believe that ??

Its these dweebs that need to go away and get educated before I knock one of them out!!

Hmm, I don't really get comments. My acne is really not that bad, I still hate it, but alot of people don't really notice. Although a while ago, a girl I know started BLAAABBING on about Acne she used to have, and started asking me wether I'm trying this and that, blah blah, how she loves her skin...I was so bored, I nearly DIED. I just nodded and didn't respond

Hi guys... I agree with all of you--I've been "helped" by people as well and there's nothing more hurtful or embarrassing or totally off-pissing. Some of the suggestions I've received:

- you know, if you break a fresh egg every morning, then remove the yolk, then wipe the white of the egg all over your face, it will make your skin as white as the egg.

- don't eat any sugar or animal fats--that's EXACTLY what's causing it

- put this super-duper moisturizer on your face. Then, when your skin is very oily, your skin will think it doesn't need to produce any more oil, and everything will improve

and the all-time most-disgusting-ever suggestion:

- take a Q-tip and dip it in the first urine of the morning (I kid you not) and then wipe it on your skin, and the pure acid will make everything better and combat the oil. This is supposedly an old Native American remedy, which I think is worth about the same amount as the other stuff that goes down the toilet.

People, do not try these, please. Try Solugel 8, if nothing else has worked so far. And, damn straight, throw a bloody good insult at the next person who DARES to offer "helpful" advice on your life. One I like is "Yes, I have bad skin, but you're stupid and I can grow out of it."

but the worst is when u are in a group and sudenly there is a guy who says shit like "what´s that on your face?" , and every one start looking at you and you r acne, and you can feel everyone judging you... it´s a very bad feeling... sad.gif

namedboy, that was gay of that person...

yea ppl would tell me "these cause the pimples, better stay away"

"do you have the chicken pox? I don't want to get it"