Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mark22

Lactic acid 40%

yesterday i used lactic acid 40% for the first time and i love it!

my question is can i use lactic acid 40% twice a week? i am on daily retin-a as well...

I'm sure you could but I'd wait a week so it doesn't irritate your skin, plus you'll give your skin a week to get rid of all that dead skin and when you apply it over your "new" skin, it will penetrate nicely. Just my thoughts from experience.

I agree - You could probably use it twice a week, but I would definitely stick with once a week to make sure that your skin tolerates it.

what does lactic acid do for u ?   help with hypigmentation?   red mark?  Scars ? or ? thx

Hi everyone! I've run out of the neutralizing solution that I bought with my lactic acid peel and know I can make one with baking soda and water. Anyone know what part water to what part baking soda this is supposed to be or does it really matter?

Also, does everyone use the prepping solution or is this optional?

Thanks!

OMG, i just made my own "neutralizing solution" with the baking soda and water and I've gotta warn anyone else out there, make it WEAK! I made it too strong and it FIZZED on my face when it made contact with the lactic acid (plus this kinda burned).

So, I would suggest a mix of 1 part baking soda to at least 10 parts water...

I've been wondering about the lactic acid also. I have some sort of scarring from my derm putting medicine into the cysts on my face last year (and up until February of this year). It's definitely nothing big -- but the spots are still there, and are a bit darker than my natural skin tone. sad.gif I can't tell if they're actually indented, or if it just looks like a shadow because of the difference of color. There are two that I can feel to be very shallow, but the others feel perfectly smooth - yet in certain lighting, they look yucky. Is there anyone else on this board who has had their derm do that? And if so, was it permanent? What was your experience with that whole ordeal?

So anyway! I've been using the vinegar for almost 5 weeks now. Has anyone on this board had success using this method? I like how it makes my skin feel, and do believe that it improves the skin tone, but I want to know if it will eventually help with these kinds of scars.

And also, has anyone with these types of scars used the lactic acid peels and seen improvement? I know there are tons of threads, etc. about this, but I feel like no one has said "I used the lactic peels for a month, and I can see quite a bit of improvement in my shallow scars...they're disappearing" etc. Maybe I just haven't found those posts, but they're really out there. :-k

Any feed back on this specific subject would be GREATLY appreciated...

thanx in advance!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Hi everyone!  I've run out of the neutralizing solution that I bought with my lactic acid peel and know I can make one with baking soda and water.  Anyone know what part water to what part baking soda this is supposed to be or does it really matter?  

Also, does everyone use the prepping solution or is this optional?  

Thanks!

Its on the directions Obi........direct quote.....

"Neutralize with Neutralizing Solution (this must be done to stop the exfoliating action). A mixture of Baking Soda and Water will also neutralize.

Rinse well with luke warm water."

Now, I bought my lactic acid from

www.estheticallyyours.com

not the

www.makeupartistschoice.com

and it is the 40% (but at a PH of 3.0 not 2.9 like makeupartists) so I'm assuming it is about the same. Anyhow, I'm thinking if you have the glycolic neutralizing solution, that would probably work with the lactic peel too. This stuff lasts forever!

After 3 lactic peels at home, I see a BIG difference in the texture of my skin, discoloration from past acne that would NOT go away (like years!), and no breakouts. It's the best product for me right now, than mandelic acid and BP.

You definately need a prep solution for peels, or they won't be as effective.

I have a question...I read on emedicine that peels are done once a month. I was wondering where(besides the directions for our home peels) that you guys heard it's ok to do it once a week? I'm not knocking it if you do it and it works for you, but I was just curious if Dr.'s do them once a week.

Also, how do you put a link in here, bc there are a lot of things I read, but can't enable a link here to show you guys.

~Emma

You definately need a prep solution for peels, or they won't be as effective.  

I have a question...I read on emedicine that peels are done once a month. I was wondering where(besides the directions for our home peels) that you guys heard it's ok to do it once a week? I'm not knocking it if you do it and it works for you, but I was just curious if Dr.'s do them once a week.  

Also, how do you put a link in here, bc there are a lot of things I read, but can't enable a link here to show you guys.  

~Emma

Oh in response to your question about the scar from the dermatologist, I have two, one is pretty deep (from cortisone injections from cysts) and the other one was kind of shallow and is dissappearing every day. I can barely see it, but the one that is deeper is a little darker in color and I swear I think it's dark cause it's an indent! If I could just get rid of it my face would be crystal clear! I went to two plastic surgeons and they said to wait up to a year and any cortisone that is still under the skin it is still working! I have to wait to see if the skin plumps itself back up which I think it will because it has started to improve and I do the vinegar and the mandelic thing too. The other scar is practically gone and it took like 2-3 months sooo give it time. It is really hard to cover with makeup but just today my eyebrow girl did a great job of covering it for me. Oh about the vinegar thing, my Mom just had plastic surgery around her eyes and the doc has her soaking the area with vinegar and water so it must have some healing properties. Just a tidbit. Hope this helps! biggrin.gif/

Hey Jenn,

Thank you -- I appreciate your information. So, did the one shot-scar take 2-3 months from the time you received it? or a year and that many months after? Sorry -- just trying to get a clear picture. :-)

Again, thanx!