Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
philMensa

Microderm+OBAGI+My pictures and treatment journal

Wow!! I also set up a photo page to show my skin improvement with various stuff (Microderm, Topicals, Obagi) and to document my upcoming Needling and Smoothbeam treatments...here are the pics

I found progress when I got frustrated and mixed topicals together AND applied gobs of it. I also found using Creatine, which is a muscle building supplement that increases the water level in cells or cell volumization, plumped out my scars by 50% within a few months.

http://personal3.stthomas.edu/pwchan/face.html

You can post responses here if you like.

Or email me at [email protected]

wow nice improvements, i've never heard of Creatine causing scars to plump up but it could be an interesting experiment to try (that and im so bad out of shape i prolly need the help eheheheh). i apologize 4 doubting who you are and what you've used (but u gotta admit it really sounds like you were trying to sell the product + the website said you had different treatments + it was ur first post ). one question about creatine though, i've heard it can cause ppl to break out, do u know if this is true or not??

oh yeah, your fucking cut to perfection, making me feel kinda lazy... gah i gonna go do 100 situps !! prolly only reach 7 though :

fyi, creatine does make some people break out. and it probably helped his scars because it makes you bloat a bit I'd say...

Creatine does not make u bloat it just makes u work more on lifting weights (aggression).I take creatine because i weight train but i havn't notice it plump my scars out,mine r much worse and very deep.

Philmensa,do u use creatine for 8 weeks and 4 weeks off it like u should.

I also take a protein drink called prolab whey which i have noticed it makes my skin tone look better (lighter),the red marks seem to look lighter as well but it dosn't get rid of them.

I use obagi as well and i cannot believe in the last few months how it is fading my scars.

Looking brill phil,keep it up. biggrin.gif/

Hey all

Thanks for your cool support!

Creatine does not cause you to break out. It fills muscles and cells with water, thus helping with transporting toxins out, etc. Creatine and steroids do make you break out though.

Sam

I do the Creatine cycle, 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off. I find drinking lots of Protein (1 gram per pound of bodyweight) plus taking 1 gram of Vit C has helped my complexion tremendously.

Mele

Thanks for your post.

I get my Smoothbeam treatments at SpaMede in St Lois Park (Minneapolis suburb). Their website address is

http://www.spamede.com

Phone number

Sheehan Corporate Center

4500 Park Glen Rd. Suite 425

St. Louis Park, MN 55416

(952) 926-3311

Hi Jay

I have been working out for a long time (since I was 19). In the summer, I get more 'cut' because I start running in addition to lifting weights. Hopefully, after this Smoothbeam treatment, I can save up for Silicone Pec Implants and also

liposuction of the abdomen.

I consulted with a surgeon and he wants to do liposuction of the flanks, abdomen, thighs as well as neck and inject fat to my face. I just dunno if I have $7000 for the operation. Liposuction is necessary though.

Nancy

Thanks for your compliments. How deep is your scarring? What can u describe it as? Mixing several creams and applying it at ONCE and putting a really THICK layer really helped me.

My skin looks only ok in pictures but it looks like trash in real life in the mirror.

As for liposuction, the surgeon told me its needed.

After I get done with school in 3-4 years and get a good job, I will plan to get my face fixed with a San Franciso surgeon--(breaking the jawbone and moving the chin forward, silicone implants, etc). I just dunno if I have $22,000 for that plus the $7000 for liposuction now. I want to look attractive and that is what my doctor told me I need.

Who are you agreeing with Julian......'cause if its phil i'm gonna have to [-X .

Anyhow Phil, you are attractive as you are. Your doc is gonna say whatever he thinks you want to hear esp, if he is going to make $22,000 by saying that.

But, if it is a real issue with you and you think your self-confidence will improve 100% with the surgery, then just make sure to research, and research and research b4 you go ahead and do these things.

Good luck!

How deep is your scarring? What can u describe it as? Mixing several creams and applying it at ONCE and putting a really THICK layer really helped me.

My skin looks only ok in pictures but it looks like trash in real life in the mirror.

Philmensa,i have had lipo and the fat injected into my scars which r very deep.U would not benefit from the fat injections because your scars r too shallow,u loose 40% of the fat what is injected into your face my Dr told me.

I had 14 fat injections put into my face and i only benefited slightly so save your money on enjoing life now and don't have them pec implants done.If u have been working out a long time work even harder to get your pecs because foreign bodies which r put in your own body will be rejected and they may cause u complications.

Sam

How deep were your scars and how much % improvement did you see from fat? Wowza! 14 injections? My doctor says he will inject it as one MEGA injection and will overfill my face by 400% so when it reduces it will be only 100%.

Smiling Eyes

I picked at my acne too and have ice picks too...can u see it in my pic?

Respond if you'll like help-- I reduced mine by 50% with Creatine taken orally and microderm done on the outside(scarred skin).

I picked at my acne too and have ice picks too...can u see it in my pic? Respond if you'll like help-- I reduced mine by 50% with Creatine taken orally and microderm done on the outside(scarred skin).

Thanks for all the info Phil!

How can this place charge so little and the other place in Minneapolis that does Smoothbeam charges somewhere around $500 full face???!!

How satisfied are you with SpaMede? I mean the procedure itself, the staff, etc.? Do you know if they offer a discount for doing only certain areas of the face?

Please keep me updated with your Smoothbeam progress at SpaMede.

Well I went to Spa Mede this week and met with the nurse there.

I can just say that this place is EXCEPTIONAL.

There consult and staff were excellent: there was no pressure, and the consult was free, including the Smoothbeam treatment on my cheek on setting 12. She told me to not rush into it, take 1-2 months to think about it and then let her know if I want to try Smoothbeam.

The machine they have is exactly what is on the website.

The place has many rooms with lasers for hair removal, rooms for botox, etc and is very well decorated.

Their prices are GREAT because they are run by nurses. The other place which is $500 has a fancy fireplace and is directed by a very famous dermatologist, etc. It is just one of the best and also most expensive places for cosmetic surgery. SpaMede on the other hand is like a medical spa offering botox, collagen and smoothbeam -- so it just has less overhead. Does it make sense? Full face is $200 but after 4 treatments, it is $100.

The nurse told me she only wants me to be happy, will do what is possible, stay later, work with me on pricing, etc as she doesn't want a sales job thingy.

Expertise: I also think she is honest as she told me she just got the machine this summer, and therefore limited patients who ahve tried it. However, she said because I am Asian, she lowered my cryogen spray to 25 setting so I will not risk hyperpigmentation.

In short, great price, staff, hours, service, expertise...I think I;m siging on for 10-15 treatments.

Philmensa,my scars r very deep, severe acne scars.

I may have got about 10/20% improvement.

The 14 injections were done over a piriod of 2 half years and each sringes had about 25ml of fat in them.

Phil, yea u do look good and much improved, but how and why would your doc want u to have liposuction?what did u tell him was your goal? and u had lip silicon?

what state, city do u live in? maybe i missed that.

so u mentioned that mixing topicals helped. by mixing u mean apply one at a time one after the other or literally mixing? u apply with your finger or qtip or something else? and did u mention what u appleied? and what percent improvement?

i also unfortunately picked my acne. so my scars look strange that is why i am looking into plastic surgery. i plan to go for free consultation with dr rapapport and see what he says. from what i understand prob subcision and nlite. i live in nyc so that is not too far for me.

have u tried subcision?

by the way you do have a lot of improvement.

what do u feel was the best thing for u?

thanks