Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smile_again

Fraxel in LA or OC help "Kumar gets laser !"

Greetings...

:dance:

I have been reading u on this forum and learned a lot of things that lead me to wanting to get Fraxel.

I do however have a few more questions and want to get the members take..

I am dark skinned ..not wesley snipes dark..but more like that dude kumar dark..

people are talking about hyperpigmentation risks but it cant be any worse than uneven skin..ice picks i think..i hope.. having said that

any good and "reasonable" docs in the Socal area that you know for sure have worked on darker complexions?

i think i want to get a full face once then concentrate on my t zones especially my cheek areas..

also ..i know there is a new fraxel machine ..ver 2.0 which i assume is "better" right ?

what is it exactly called...what should i say when i call the doctor ? the one that doesnt use the blue mask right ?

i dont think my scars as bad as i think they are..but i dont really care about other peoples sweet thoughts....its pretty easy to look in the mirrror and see faults that i feel should be able to corrected...

Thanks a bunch !

Hello Smile_again,

You may want to check out Dr. Pilest. I heard he's good and experienced. He's located in Irvine, California (Orange County). Here's the website; check it out. http://totaldermatology.com/ I don't know if he has experience with dark skinned patients, but you call and find out. There's a free consultation; it expires Feb. 28, so hurry. The consultations cost $150. Good luck.