Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rjlan

face looks "wet" after few of hours w/ moisturizer

i've tried a couple different moisturizers, but they all do the same thing after a few hours... MY FACE LOOKS WET (almost like your sweating, but without the beads of juicy sweat)

not to mention- anything floating in the air sticks to your face, wich makes you look like a complete door-knob

When the moisturizer goes on, it quickly absorbs and everything looks normal. but i guess my facial oils along with the moisturize make a bad combo.

i've been trying

neutrogena oil free moisturizer spf 15

eucerin renewal alpha hydroxy lotion spf 15

anyone have any suggestions? i can't very well wash my face without having to spend the time to re-apply the bp. is there maybe another moisturizer to be tried?

Perhaps you are using too much moisturizer? I would try cutting down on the amount you are using and see how that works for you. When I apply moisturizer I try to use the least amount as possible that still works at getting rid of flakes.

well yeah those moisturizers make your face look shiny and glossy and slimy and greasy and wet and well u got the idea

try the Clean $ Clear shine control moisturizer. it won't do any of the above to your face

There is no moisturizer that can control the amount of oil produce in the skin, and therefore, keep away shine. If a moisturizer is claiming that, their lying. A moisturizer does just that..moisturize and offers sun protection. I'm with the above poster that you may be adding too much to your skin.

There is no moisturizer that can control the amount of oil produce in the skin, and therefore, keep away shine. If a moisturizer is claiming that, their lying. A moisturizer does just that..moisturize and offers sun protection. I'm with the above poster that you may be adding too much to your skin.

Actually there's somethign thats almost stops your skin from getting oily.

Try Neutrogena Combination skin mousturizer. I dont know how it does it, but after you put it on it dries very well and when you start getting oily or sweaty, it it constrains it somehow kinda like an anti-persperant. I cant really explain it but instead of getting shiny, its a bit more like those little sweaty beads which can absorb back into your skin very easily

maybe try a mattifier over the moisturizer. A thin layer of milk of magnesia would do the trick. It'll absorb excess oil, and will give skin a slightly softer focus. Don't put too much on or else it will make your skin feel dry and look chalky.

is there something i can do after a few hours when my facial "oils" start to build up and make me look like a sweating pig... short of washing my face and re-applying bp.

i will try cutting down on the amount of moisturizer i use, but my face looks normal for hours. it does appear to be oil build-up. I will also try the Neutrogena Combination skin mousturizer and see what happens.