Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yungwn

Dry skin face and scars peeling!

HI, ive been using proactiv to control my acne for years but just recently i started using it 2 times a day like it suggests i should because i started to break out a bit know i duno if this is from more bp on my face our maybe the weather(winter!) but my skin is always super dry and flaky i used to have very very oily skin but know when i come out of the shower my skin sheds..and my scars are peeling 2 duno if this is good for them our bad,

what should i do? i use the proactiv oil free moisturizer but they dotn give me enuff so it only last about 2 weeks sad.gif and after about 10 mins of putting it on my skin gets all flaky again....its mainly just were my beard grows ...ive never had good experiences with moisterizers cuz they mostly just break me out...can anyone give me some names of some good moisturizers that dont increase breakouts??

I've had great success with Neutrogena's oil-free moisture. I've heard good things about other moisturizers, but I dont want to switch. Why mess with a good thing? Sometimes you have to play around with a few moisturizers to see what works well for your skin and does not lead to more breakouts. I think Dan recommends a few moisturizers, check those ones out they should not cause breakouts. HTH

I get really dry skin on my face after washing (prolly due to the effects of accutane I had over a year ago), and I find that once your skin is dry from washing you can just use tape to peel all the dead skin off. (as seen in the tapeing method thread)

--CS