Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rukahscap

ok to use glycolic acid this much

I was wondering if it would be ok to use glycolic acid daily. I use some at night but half water and apply it with a q tip. I notice my skin not being so pale. But is this bad to do?

What's the percentage?

Some people do use it everyday but you must remember to wear a sunblock as you're stripping away the top layer of skin. There was a bit of broo-haha (is that the right expression?) in the UK from the medical proffession when AHA's suddenly started appearing in everything as they disapproved of them for this particular reason.

I've been using it once every two nights but I'm going to reduce it to about twice a week. The fact that it's winter over here helps as the sun isn't too strong.

The proactiv toner has Glycolic in it and i use it morning and night. My area is plagued with grey overcast skies so i dont think its a big deal.

Plus i used spf15 moisturizer so its all good..

Ok thanks the weather has been real crappy where I live and am noticeing huge in imrpovement in my skins texture. The percentage is 30 but i use half water. Also I have't expierenced any type of discomfort other than the redness and sting that comes along with glycol.

i use straight oily skin glycolic wash to keep my tzone form being oily and to help cleanse my skin before applying my mask. i onyl use it at night though b4 applying mask. in the morning i apply mask after a shower.

i must say ... it REALLY strips the skin. makes my skin very dry. but i moisturize and its giving my skin a non oily surface.