Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alottascars

Vinegar - Bad Reaction! (Formerly "Vinegar Disaster!&q

I finally tried that vinegar treatment that is talked about here so much and within SECONDS my skin started turning BRIGHT RED and burning like I just put pure acid on my face. I have NEVER had a reaction to anything like this in my life - I have been on every strength of retin A, BP up to 20%, differen, sulfur, retin-A micro, azalex, erythromycin topical, you NAME it - NEVER had a reaction like this. OH MY GOD. I don't even know if I should go to the ER right now because my entire face is BEET RED - I got a SERIOUS chemical burn! Thank god my dad is a doctor and he just said calm down and put cortizone on it. It is the most f***ed up thing I have ever seen. People talk about this like it's a nice natural treatment so I thought I would try it but OH MY GOD vinegar does not belong on your face! Why not just use LYSOL.

For the record - I used Heinz Apple Cider vineger (5% acidity) in the glass bottle. I applied it with a cotton ball on my forehead, nose, and cheeks. I did not use generic and I did not use any other kind of vinegar. I didn't wash my face before bc it was clean... and all I had on was Aveda all sensitive moisturizer from the morning (14 hours ago). The last time I used retin-a was 3-4 days ago. I have only just started using retin a 2 weeks ago and have used it 3 times total so it hardly counts. I sometimes use neutrogena's lotion for pore reduction and l'oreal's pore reduction cleanser. These both have glycolic in them... but still - I have used similar things with much more harsh chemicals and never had a reaction like this. My entire face was burning and my eyes were burning too... it was out of control.

BEWARE vinegar - do a test spot first!! I am scared to wake up tomorrow morning - my face will probably peel off!!!!!

dilute + test next time

i got all gung ho about it my first time; bad move :[

Wow. That's pretty shocking. I can put undiluted Bragg's apple cider vinegar on my face and leave it on all night. It doesn't even turn me pink.

does anyone else use the vinegar full strength? If I can tolerate it, would you recommend using it full strength for faster results? My eyes sting for about 15 seconds then i don't even notice it. I don' t think the 1:3 dilution does anything for me.

I started using the vinegar full strength, but thought it was too strong.

Then, I started diluting it. I didn't see any results(at first I did, but then I started looking really bad). I started to break-out and get hives.

It is like anything else--it works great for some, but not all.

I have been using it to mix with my benzonite clay mask for years, and love it in that vehicle, but I've given up on it on its own.

~Emma

I woke up OK - slightly pink... I survived. I'm calmer now. It was REALLY bad. Just a word out - definitely DILUTE & SPOT TEST before going full face

Glad you're ok. The best thing is probably to start in the ratio 1:4 and keep increasing the strength if you can handle it.