Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscoBloodbath

ACV and my bitchy mother!

WTF? i just told my mother to get me a bottle of Apple Cider Vinager in the super market. and she gets the biggest attitude telling me that im just going to "mess up" (clean version) my skin even more. and that im gonna get an irritation. :doubt: i hate this. i just want to do everything possible to vanish these red marks and she's always standing in the way w/ her bad vibes. she has no faith in me.

i mean i admit i have tried A LOOOT of other acne products that havent worked. so she says not to believe everything i hear (this was brought on by the Proactiv fiasco) but still if theres something i can try that might give me a chance (and isnt expensive) whats wrong w/ her?? :boohoo::boohoo:

my mom can be like that too sometimes. when i asked for jojoba oil she yelled at me and was like ok this is something else you'll waste. made me feel like crap. i told her i would pay for it too. it was only $8.99 but anyway..i just gave it up then she came to me and was like ok i'll buy it for you. yea..made no sense..i guess she just wanted to yell at me or something.

my mom can be like that too sometimes. when i asked for jojoba oil she yelled at me and was like ok this is something else you'll waste. made me feel like crap. i told her i would pay for it too. it was only $8.99 but anyway..i just gave it up then she came to me and was like ok i'll buy it for you. yea..made no sense..i guess she just wanted to yell at me or something.

lol. don't mind her! you have to admit though, it does sound strange to be putting it on your face. people gave me strange reactions too. just want to let you know that i had a lot of success with ACV (and baking soda as an exfoliant).

so much so that im willing to post icky pictures of my skin. the first is oct 04 and the latter is feb 05. so i mean, you can see..it got better but i wasnt completely there. im sure if i had continued with it and hadn't broke out again my skin would've been almost 100%. ive been meaning to start up the bs/acv regimen again, ive just been so busy.

eeuuww.jpg

lol. don't mind her! you have to admit though, it does sound strange to be putting it on your face. people gave me strange reactions too. just want to let you know that i had a lot of success with ACV (and baking soda as an exfoliant).

so much so that im willing to post icky pictures of my skin. the first is oct 04 and the latter is feb 05. so i mean, you can see..it got better but i wasnt completely there. im sure if i had continued with it and hadn't broke out again my skin would've been almost 100%. ive been meaning to start up the bs/acv regimen again, ive just been so busy.

eeuuww.jpg

no i dont think it was that. after i cleared up, i started focusing on just my redmarks and i didnt use a drop of BP for about 5 months. then, after summer, in the same month i had my first major breakout, it happened again. i think it was just because i didnt use BP atleast once in a while for "maintenance" haha. i used ACV for the entire summer without a blemish to speak of.

I think all mums think that putting all those products on our faces makes things worse. They think if we just dont use anything that it'll make it all better, well thats just bs :hand:. Buy it yourself? :dance: Thanks for reminding me, I need some more acv too

DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!! My daughter is 14 and I tried everything...nothing seemed to work from Proactiv to you name it. I read about ACV on makeupalley.com and almost 6 months later my daughter has the most beautiful skin...it glows.

Keep at it...

Ahaha my mom is the same she does not let me buy anything else for my skin and yells ta me everything I try something new...Although I try something new like every month...So I usually spend half of my money on skin and facial products... :wall: Ah well I am a product junkie for sure

I bought my ACV for a dollar. I haven't used it that much so I don't know if it works for me.

Oh well, at least it won't get wasted since I also use it on salads.

I tried the Apple Cider Vinegar steam for the first time tonight. Let me tell you, once you get past the smell it works wonders! I can't believe my rosy pink cheeks! I also drank some too, which I don't recommend you do on an empty stomach :sick: but I musceled through it and chaulked it up to lesson learned :) Anyways, after my ACV/spring water steam with my homedics steamer, I rinsed, toned with half water half ACV and I cut two of the bottom leaves off my aloe plant and sqeezed them into a pump bottle. I put that on afterwards as a moisturizer and I'm good to go!!! My skin feels great for the first time in a long time.

P.S. My Mom can be a dufus sometimes too. She is big on suggesting things...I know she means well and just wants my skin to clear up but I get sick of hearing it all the time.

Take care!