Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chewy34

OT: Any way to make hair grow slower?

I have a short hair-style and my hair grows so quickly I end up getting a new haircut every 3 weeks in order to keep looking well-groomed and not shaggy. Is there any way that I can make my hair grow slower, or stop growing? Perhaps this is playing God, but who knows!

Think of the money we could save! AHAHAHahahahah!!! Ahem

Thanks

- Chewy

Or wear a hat, or change your hair style so it's longer, or use lots of gel so you get a comb back effect...

Yah, come to think of it, I probably spend more on hair cuts than I do on acne product every year. Ahhh dear, oh woe, alas, bloody hell... the cost of having a head!

:shock:

or by a set of clippers and cut your own hair. The first time was scary for me but it came out alright. Now every 3 days i be hooking me myself up with ko0 haircuts. And i never have to worry about spending money or having to worry that i need a haircut cuz its trimmed every 3 days. And everyone at school thinks it looks professional :shock: so its all good.

I use no scissors just a fade zero on the sides. And an 8 for the top of my head. I have the curly/messy look.

The fade effect is quite simple I could teach you if you like.

Think about it. When i first started cutting my hair i needed practice so every 3 days of giving myself a haircut is practice practice practice just making me better and better every 3 days. Now when i give myselfs haircuts. I do it like its nothing takes about 5 minutes to cut the sides and I leave the top alone, cut it every now and then.

Thanks acneargh, the problem is when I go to the barber she does all of this complicated stuff that I can't imagine doing on myself. I would ask her how I would cut my own hair, but I feel almost as if this would violate the trust between us, and that next time she might give me a crappy haircut as punishment for my insolence.

I have an electric hair shaver, but I really don't have the slightest idea how to use it. And what if I do it wrong? Yargh!

- CHewy

Hmm my dad cuts my hair right now, don't know what I'm gonna do once I go off to college...mebbe I'll grow it out and get it cut once I visit home for the holidays 8)

Anyway I rarely go to the barbershop...$13 is way too frickin expensive for a haircut that doesn't even look decent. Doing it yourself is a much better option...I commend all of you that do

William

The speed of hair growth has something to do with our body hormon. Well, you could prelong your hair growth period by consuming those hormon pill that is opposite to your sexual. But, the main problem is...if your hair really stop to grow, if you're a girl, you would maybe turned into a guy and in the other hand, guy will be a women.~...hahahah~

garkee2002 :roll:

Maybe you should try putting lemon jui.. or eh.. well... egg yolk in your hair...uhm....rub salt over it?.... or start eating less fish and more carrots..? or... uhm.... use laxative: it will clear out your body of any usefull nutrients so you will get a deficit and your hair will stop growing..... or.... squeeze tomatoes and put tons of bad hair products in it..... or...... damn.... I dont know!

Perhaps you should just.. get another hair cut? :shock:

You know we're only acne "experts" :idea:

Just kidding.... :idea:

Trotsky

PS: I got the same problem mate, I know how you feel... having to take an extra job just to keep up with barber costs...

PS2: make it grow longer and let it cover your face. Solves two problems for me: No-one can see my acne AND I save on the barber cost.. wow.... isnt life f***** good? :D

PS3: Dont use any medication...... I did and now I've got these huge brest, boy does it look stupid....

AND a happy 2003 to everyone! 8)

Well I get a haircut like every two weeks just to keep it styled and to maintain my look. I've never though it as a problem though. I like going to my stylist and getting my hair trimmed, styled and colored. It's good therapy talking about stuff going on in my life and just making conversation with my stylist. She doesn't like to charge me though. We're good friends so we just do favors for each other. And no not those kind of favors. Otherwise it is usually about $35 for a trim, scalp massage, and style and about an extra $40 for coloring and highlights plus a tip so it's about $100 for a haircut for me. I'm a guy so I like my hair with highlights and kinda messy and spikey but well styled. My girlfriend always messes up my hair though by touching it and stuff like she's trying to give me a better hair style or something like she knows what she's doing.

If you want to keep your hair groomed but are on a budget then I would suggest calling any beautician schools in your area. They are always looking for guinea pigs and will cut your hair for free because they need the practice. For girls that like spa treatments like facials, foot treatments, and massages (what girl doesn't) , schools are always looking for people to practice on as well and they'll do it for free. Just be careful that they are properly sterilizing their equipment and take the proper measures to avoid contamination between people.

I don't think you can slow your hair growth down though. Hair is just dead skin cells so their is nothing you can do about that. It's just going to grow out at a certain rate like your nails.

Guest fatman_uk

Ummm, hair is dead skin?

I thought it ws keratine like ur nails.... :?

-Gaz