Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KK

Cleansing with Cetaphil and using BP and moisturizer

I use Cetaphil liquid normal-to-oily cleanser, followed by Dan's BP, followed by Complex 15 face cream and then Clean & Clear Morning Glow SPF 15 for day, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion for night. Great results!

I was using some high-end men's cleansers and moisturizers from menessentials.com for a few weeks and I started break out around the jawline again. I think the ingredients just irritated my skin in that area. I kept thinking "better ingredients" would nourish my skin more etc. But some ingredients just pissed my skin off.

I switched back to Cetaphil, use BP, and then Cetaphil moisturizer and it's all getting better.

That's my testimony. Maybe I have found my niche.

Hi! I just joined up. :) I've been on the Regimen for 6 weeks now and it has really done wonders, although I haven't been faithfully doing it morning and night and have had several breakouts. I'm getting on track now, however.

But I had a question about cleansing... it seems like the water is what dries my face out the most... I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and on the back there are instructions for cleansing without water... will that work in the mornings, and allow me to still use the BP effectively? Has anyone tried that? :)

Thanks so much.... - Eve

I did use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser – BP – Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion – but I found the Cleanser to be really annoying and I feel like it made my acne worse, plus my face just never felt clean, I don’t like the texture either, and it made me dry out.

I really like Cetpahil Moisturising Lotion though – at first it was super greasy, but after sticking with it for a good 4/5 weeks my skin seems to have adjusted and now I’m most of the time ‘matte’ after applying.

I recently switched to J+J Baby Wash – MUCH BETTER so far!

Hi! I just joined up. :) I've been on the Regimen for 6 weeks now and it has really done wonders, although I haven't been faithfully doing it morning and night and have had several breakouts. I'm getting on track now, however.

But I had a question about cleansing... it seems like the water is what dries my face out the most... I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and on the back there are instructions for cleansing without water... will that work in the mornings, and allow me to still use the BP effectively? Has anyone tried that? :)

Thanks so much.... - Eve

Okay, thanks so much! May be I am using too much cleanser or washing for too long... but yes, I've noticed that when I don't wash my face with water it's not nearly as dry...