Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spikeyli

The ZUM soap and Complex 15 regimen

spikeyli, brownskin, or clear dream :)

did you ever have skin-color tiny bumps on ur cheeks before? if u did, did it go away when you started the regimen and how long did it take?

spikeyli, brownskin, or clear dream :)

did you ever have skin-color tiny bumps on ur cheeks before? if u did, did it go away when you started the regimen and how long did it take?

see my PM to you. Yours will go away soon, just have patience.

okay, so a little note of encouragement to everyone..... i know it's said over and over again, but be patient, and try not to add anything to the regimen. give it a fair amount of time before you try to add anything, and when you do add something, be gentle and nice to your skin. we all fall into old habits and ways of thinking, especially me, and often times we pay the price (yucky breakouts) but keep pressing onward, and you'll see the difference! you guys deserve the best, and your skin deserves the best. be nice to your skin and give it the time it needs to restore itself. :D

Guest bumpsbegone

this zum soap sounds like garbarge! i wouldnt touch it with a 10 feet pole!!!!! to spikeyli- how do u sleep at night knowing that you recommended a soap that turned so many people into pizza faces??? i noticed that if someone compliments zum- you are quick to respond but when people report problems with the zum(like poor beamas who has 20 zits) you ignore them and dont even have the decency to reply and at least just say "im sorry that happened to you". you seem pretty cold hearted to me..............

Yes bumpsbegone,

I am a cold hearted person who decided to share a regimen that has worked for me and many people whom tried it. A few people have had issues, but many people didn't. I did not force people to use zum, I simply said that it worked for me and how long it had worked for me. You act as if I personally have gains from people using this regimen, I don't. I don't see how me sharing GMR any different from Dan recommending people use BP, which ended up ruining many more lives than zum ever did (myself being one). And the reason I didn't answer questions on both threads is because I actually have a job and these days I've been pretty busy. On top of that, I have answered MANY questions via PM or on the other GMR thread already. I don't feel the need to answer again if I already addressed that to the individual personally.

So I sleep very well at night, because so far there are only a handful of people who are truly allergic to zum, and I can't help if people are allergic to the soap. All the others who are not allergic and had bad reactions were not following the regimen as I instructed (like using AHA lotions when I specifically said not to, or changing soaps 4 times in 4 days), which I repeated many times that they should. Oh and I definitely don't feel sorry because if people don't have the patience to actually read my posts and decide to do whatever they want. You also forget that the same people who broke out also recovered quickly within a week and those same people have had the best skin in years. And if you've noticed, Clear Dream also has seized her posting as well. The only one who is currently still posting is Lexy and she's gone wary of having to repeat herself as well.

Now I wonder, are YOU 100% clear? Why don't YOU take the time out and share your regimen? Why doon't YOU spend hours trying to help people and explain things to them, only to have them ignore everything you said and then come back complaining the regimen didn't work. You seem very angry for someone who hadn't tried the soap and just making a passing opinion. I guess you conveniently forget to read the positive posts as well because just lately a few people broke out. You're right, I'm very cold hearted and I truly wish I never shared this regimen with anyone. It doesn't bother me one bit if everybody else can't benefit from something that works so well for so many people. Come to think of it, please stop using the regimen and go back to whatever that doesn't work for you. Maybe then I would have some piece of mind from rude people PMing for info that's already written and explained over and over again. But then again, I guess the whole point of your posts is to jump on the zum bashing bandwagon and start trouble right?

bravo!!!! :clap: i'm so happy you finally got it out spikeyli! see, the tendency is that people clear and then leave the board because they feel its of no value to them any longer. there are only a few who actually stick around to help others, and i think that's something bumpsbegone is forgetting.

oh, and bumpsbegone? it's really difficult to try and help people who don't listen to you in the first place. yes, there are some people like spikeyli outlined that truly do have a problem with the soap, and you see probably more of their posts just because their struggling and need some help. others just want someone to affirm their "renditions" of the regimen, and really have hindered their own progress.

It appears that bumpsbegone is a secondary account created solely for the purpose of harassing spikeyli. This is against board rules, and will be dealt with.

That said, I just wanted to add this:

Anyone who tries out a regimen they find on this board is responsible for their own actions. And I highly recommend that everyone do his or her own research. If you blindly assume that because something worked for one person, it will automatically be the answer for you ... well, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Trial and error, live and learn. :D

Good luck with your regimens, everyone. I've posted this on the other GMR thread as well.

It was quite obivious to me bumpsbegone signed up under a new name...nice catch Lion Queen.

Bumpsbegone or whatever your name is...I can speak for myself. If you had a problem with GMR, you are free to comment on that, but not mine experience.

As for my experience with Zum....I'm still using it and have see a complete turn around in my skin. Things are looking goooood...as Spikeyli and Lexy have said, give it time! Have some courage! I'll update in more detail in a day or two, as I'm running late and must fly.

Daz

BBG, if there was anyone that felt the way u seem 2 towards spikeli after trying the regimen (and u seem to be the only one that feels that way WITHOUT having tryed it...) let them speak for themselves.

Has anyone tried the Sea salt Zum?

I've been using GMS from Etsy but Ill be back in the States soon so I can finally go to Whole Foods. Right now the only acne I have is those little bumps that everyone seems to be getting, but Im hoping theyll dissapear so my main problem now is redmarks. I broke out badly before starting the GMR and my chin and cheek look pretty bad so I want to try to fade them but Im scared to try the lavender Zum cause people were breaking out from it. So the Sea salt looks like my best bet, so if anyones tries it, Id appreciate it if you'd let me know how it worked for you.

Thanks!

Has anyone tried the Sea salt Zum?

I've been using GMS from Etsy but Ill be back in the States soon so I can finally go to Whole Foods. Right now the only acne I have is those little bumps that everyone seems to be getting, but Im hoping theyll dissapear so my main problem now is redmarks. I broke out badly before starting the GMR and my chin and cheek look pretty bad so I want to try to fade them but Im scared to try the lavender Zum cause people were breaking out from it. So the Sea salt looks like my best bet, so if anyones tries it, Id appreciate it if you'd let me know how it worked for you.

Thanks!

i don't know if anyone's tried it, but i've been curious as well, although i only want to use it as an exfoliating bar. if you have oily skin, you might be able to use it on a daily basis, but i would be careful. the best thing for red marks really is to just give it time unfortunately, unless you want to give the lavender bar a shot. there's also the rosemary-lavender and lavender-mint that you might want to try.

I've smelled the sea salt one, my nose didn't like it so I didn't get it. Supposedly it's good for the skin but I can't comment. The bar is pretty though.

Just to clear the record (because Im a little confused by who updated etc) is there anyone that used the Zum lavender long term (2 weeks+) and was STILL breaking out?

Thanks for being so heplful everyone. Much appreciated :)

thelaststone,

I have been using ZUM lavender for 5 and a half weeks now and yes I am still breaking out. It's still less than I was breaking out before ZUM otherwise I wouldn't still be sticking with it but I'm mainly breaking out on my jaw line and around my mouth and chin, places that had been acne free for me for quite a while. I actually switched to Canus a week and a half or so back because I was getting anumber of whiteheads all over and extra shine from what I believe is the ZUM and the oils in it. I don't think anyone else has had the same experience after switching to Canus, it sounds like its been great for most people, but for me it completely dried out my skin and I broke out in a number of boil like pimples that I am still trying to get rid of. For some reason my skin has been sooo incredibly slow to heal recently. I still absolutely love ZUM though so hopefully I'll stop breaking out soon. So theres my update on the ZUM lavender.

Just to clear the record (because Im a little confused by who updated etc) is there anyone that used the Zum lavender long term (2 weeks+) and was STILL breaking out?

Thanks for being so heplful everyone. Much appreciated :)

i have been using some formula of zum for about 6 weeks and still have a bit of acne, although it's not near as bad as it was before and clears up much faster. what i get now is small whiteheads around my mouth and chin and jawline (which is my acne prone area) that go away in a couple days. (i also have a couple pimples right now that were the result of using st ives apricot scrub. i knew after i was done and my face kind of hurt that i was going to have problems.....)

anyway, i began with the oatmeal-lavender bar, and switched to the lavender bar about a week later because the oatmeal-lavender was too drying. i used an entire lavender bar (i also use it to wash my body) and have just switched to the patchouli-orange bar which i love too. i have a few that i purchased and am experimenting (i've also tried the lavender-mint and have the sandalwood-citrus yet to test out.) the lavender isn't my favorite scent, but it does take care of redmarks too. i did notice them fade a lot while using it.

I've started using zum oatmeal lavender first, then switched to lavender because the oatmeal was drying me out and the weather was getting cold. After that I went on to sandlewoodd citrus, and now I'm on patchouli mint. I liked the lavender and I never broke out from it. I do get pimples here and there, you will continue to break out but it'll be less and less over time. After a while you just stop breaking out all together. I hear ya on the skin being slow to heal, but it takes a while for it to completely regenerate itself too.

Lost,

do you have seasonal allergies? I do and I'm breaking out because I'm scratching and rubbing my face, and the hands touching face is always a sure fire way to break me out.

Lost,

do you have seasonal allergies? I do and I'm breaking out because I'm scratching and rubbing my face, and the hands touching face is always a sure fire way to break me out.

uhm... that might be it, this breakout is coinciding with spring and all. though i don't feel any rashes or an urge to scratch... just cant stop touching my face. :shifty: eeh, i originally thought it was PF's minerals but im no longer sure.

I have 4 zits on the right side of my face because my allergy is acting up and I'm scratching and rubbing my face from all the damn itching. Oh and I'm blowing my nose left and right and the tissue is hitting my face too. And you guys know I've been clear forever, damn spring. The side I hadn't been scratching is still clear, but my right side for some reason itches like hell and I'm breaking out there.

I have 4 zits on the right side of my face because my allergy is acting up and I'm scratching and rubbing my face from all the damn itching. Oh and I'm blowing my nose left and right and the tissue is hitting my face too. And you guys know I've been clear forever, damn spring. The side I hadn't been scratching is still clear, but my right side for some reason itches like hell and I'm breaking out there.

oh well ive never suffered from any allergies in the past. and at this moment i dont really have any of those symptoms. so its most likely a regular breakout. :doubt: now im actually scared to sleep on the right said of my face, because i think that giant whitehead might pop. and that will leave a big hole there, not just a red mark... *cries*

clear- yes that freakin sucks. :( why cant we all be happy?