Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blahchick

Has anyone gotten depression from using BCP?

I started BCP over 1 month ago.....i dont know if its my imagination but ive been so depressed for no reason...i think its from the bp as i have heard bp can cause depression. But i dnt wana get off it ...its done wonders for me already

It definitely can cause depression, BCP messes with your hormones. (You do mean birth control pills, right, not benzoyl peroxide?) However, this type of negative side effect sometimes goes away if it's taken for a few months. I've also noticed that most women seem to have affinity to either mono or multiphasic pills, so if you give your current brand a try for a couple more months and find that the depressive feelings don't lift, then try a brand of the opposite type. As an example, if you are taking OrthoTriClyclin (multiphasic) try Yasmin (monophasic), or vice versa, and see if that helps.

Dang, that must suck, especially if it's helping. BCPs mess with your hormones so for one person it might make them depressed, and for the other it just might straighten out stuff and make them a lot happier. Hopefully you can wait out a few months to see if it'll go away, and you'll get to keep the good side effects :P

Guest MarifreakinA

If you're experiencing depression, anxiety, etc on birth control pills, try taking a vitamin b supplement, since birth control pills diminish the intake of vitamin b, it really might help.

If you're experiencing depression, anxiety, etc on birth control pills, try taking a vitamin b supplement, since birth control pills diminish the intake of vitamin b, it really might help.

I've experienced depression after starting Yaz, and that's exactly what my doctor told me to do. Yesterday, actually. :nod: