Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
parotthead

first day accutane - should i post a journal?

hi

i just took my first accutane pill yesterday and i am sooo nervous about the whole thing! i dont have severe acne, but i do get cysts on my chin every now and then, probably about 1 or 2 a month. i have been putting up with it for almost ten years now (i am 23) so my derm finally put me on accutane. i am starting with a dosage of 20 mg once a day for the first 2 weeks. has anyone been on this dose? i am wondering how bad my initial breakout is going to be! does anyone have any advice for me about different products that will help? has anyone taken vitamin e to help with dryness? also, is anyone interested in my posting an accutane journal? i know there a quite a few already, but if anyone is interested i will post my experience too. sorry about all the questions. i am so nervous about being on accutane that i couldnt even sleep last night!

Hey!

I am on my 2nd wk of accutane, and I think that I finally just got my initial breakout =( My skin started getting really dry and started to clear up, then I woke up today, and I have a lot more acne =( I just hope it goes away soon! The products that I am using and are helping me sooo much are both cetaphil face wash and moisturizer, and for my lips, aquaphor. You definitley want to get aquaphor for your lips. Its amazing how dry mine got, its like the top layer of my lips is gone, and when I don't have this stuff on them, it feels like my lips are burning or something. For me, regular chapstick just isnt enough. I am kinda interested in posting an accutane journal, but not much has happened besides being extremely dry and the initial breakout today... Maybe as I go on there will be more for me to write about! Good luck with your accutane treatment, and get some sleep! Don't worry about anything, you face will be clear in no time! =)

thanks for answering! i guess i will get the cetaphil stuff. i have never liked cetaphil cause it always feels so greasy, but i guess i will need that to help with dryness. what dosage are you taking? i am only on 20 mg for now, but i already have dry skin so i will probably get really dry.