Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(Someone spank me if I'm on the wrong board - but I think I'm on the right one. =o)

So I was watching Pulse last night -- I'm getting rather tired of Americans hijacking quality Japanese films then sodomizing them -- and I noticed something my husband FAILED TO SEE.

The disappearing, re-appearing zits! It was amusing. I don't know if it was the blue cast to the film that augmented the acne, or what, but there'd be a scene where the actress has this ginormous zit on her cheek, and the next scene: gone. I thought it might've been a mole or something, but no...the scene would change, and there'd be another zit on a different part of her face. (I mean no ill to the actress, of course.)

Has anyone else become hyper-observant of acne on actors/actresses as you watch movies?

Guest lawnboy

most high budget films in the US don't show acne at all, they spend lots and lots of time making sure there's not a trace of acne on anyone, except when the character's a nerdy teenage loser of course :confused:

haha watch smokin aces, alicia keys' skin in some scenes is actually pretty bad. some scenes you cant see any, other scenes (elevator shootout) her skin is sooo notciable. but films like harry potter and desperate housewives use that spot removing technology in the editing process. dumb if you ask me

and yea lol any movie i watch these days im always concentrating on all the actors/actresses skin. its ridiculous

most high budget films in the US don't show acne at all, they spend lots and lots of time making sure there's not a trace of acne on anyone, except when the character's a nerdy teenage loser of course confused.gif
Right. Because, you know, only teenagers and villians get acne. xP That must get tedious and expensive, though, going frame-by-frame to erase a zit. Or several. Sheesh. o.o

haha watch smokin aces, alicia keys' skin in some scenes is actually pretty bad. some scenes you cant see any, other scenes (elevator shootout) her skin is sooo notciable. but films like harry potter and desperate housewives use that spot removing technology in the editing process. dumb if you ask me

and yea lol any movie i watch these days im always concentrating on all the actors/actresses skin. its ridiculous

xDD I actually want to see that movie. I got rather close to actually going OUT on a date the other night, but my husband decided to keep it an "at-home" date so we rented Pulse instead. W00t, it would've been a zit double feature! =o

I feel somewhat bad for Alicia, though. I hear she gets alot of rubbish because of her skin. What about the movie? Was it any good? x)

At least I'm not the only one who's insane about noticing zits in the movies. xDDD

I don't pay super attention, but I do pay slight attention.

Is that Keitaro in your avatar? My brother is a Love Hina nut and it's rubbed off on me. x)

I'm constantly intently examining actors/actresses skin lol. Heck, not just them, most people in general too. I'm not even aware of it most of the time, until I realize I haven't heard a word the actors have said for 3 minutes because all I'm paying attention to is their skin. A lot of times I'll be watching a movie with my mom and I'll go "He/she has terrible skin too!" or "He/she has beautiful skin". My mom just sighs or rolls her eyes and says "You always notice". lol. I didn't even stop to think it's not really a natural thing to comment about. I can't help it.

hahaha yea i noticed that about alicia keys in that movie too...so much for proactive right

she still looked rediculously hot in that movie though, cant argue with that

I'm constantly intently examining actors/actresses skin lol. Heck, not just them, most people in general too. I'm not even aware of it most of the time, until I realize I haven't heard a word the actors have said for 3 minutes because all I'm paying attention to is their skin. A lot of times I'll be watching a movie with my mom and I'll go "He/she has terrible skin too!" or "He/she has beautiful skin". My mom just sighs or rolls her eyes and says "You always notice". lol. I didn't even stop to think it's not really a natural thing to comment about. I can't help it.
What I hear all the time is: "You are just so CRITICAL." I don't think I'm critical. I just notice. xD

hahaha yea i noticed that about alicia keys in that movie too...so much for proactive right

she still looked rediculously hot in that movie though, cant argue with that

There ya go. Sexiness is not JUST skin condition. I wish I could believe that. =/

The term is called 'change blindness'... Anyways... I guess not everyone has perfect skin wink.gif

I googled it. Huh. Wow. We really are a blind generation. x)

There's this one scene in Talladga Nights where Ricky Bobbys wife has like 4 pimples on her chin and each time the camera changes angels they disappear and reappear! That's the only time I've ever really noticed it htough.

There's this one scene in Talladga Nights where Ricky Bobbys wife has like 4 pimples on her chin and each time the camera changes angels they disappear and reappear! That's the only time I've ever really noticed it htough.

xD Wow.

I don't think I'll ever watch that movie, though. Will Ferrell annoys me. xP

lol yea the movies fuck up sometimes. i hope theres some fight club fans here because this remids me, in the scene where brad pitt is gettin the shit beat out of him by lou (the bar owner) lou punches him in the face and blood is pissin out his nose than the camera goes of brads face, then back on and theres absaloutley no blood. when they stopped and re-started the shooting of the scene they muct of forgot to add blood again orsomething...i dunno always thought it was funny.

I LOVE Fight Club, I own it. But, somehow I missed that... I will have to watch it again soon now

omg i love you right now...a cute chic that loves fight club

Regarding Alicia Keys - a few years ago (I think around 2001) they hosted the MTV Music Awards at the Metropolitan Opera House in NYC which is a few blocks away from me. A friend nearby told me she spotted Alicia Keys walking around the area, and told me that in person she's really beautiful - but has really bad skin. To this day, when I see Alicia Keys and other celebrities who supposedly battle acne, I think to myself - gosh, it must be great to have make-up artists and computer technology to cover up every flaw. I wish there was a way to "edit" my skin in real life, wouldn't that be grand? Sometimes I wonder how Alicia Keys copes with all the public criticism.

Now, regarding the topic - I am not so observant of actors' skin on screen because most of the time, they have those fabulous make-up artists I spoke about, and it seems as if their skin is always flawless. But sometimes I do catch myself staring at others in the street, wondering, "Wow! She/he has great skin. I wonder what their regimen is?" :lol:

lol yea the movies fuck up sometimes. i hope theres some fight club fans here because this remids me, in the scene where brad pitt is gettin the shit beat out of him by lou (the bar owner) lou punches him in the face and blood is pissin out his nose than the camera goes of brads face, then back on and theres absaloutley no blood. when they stopped and re-started the shooting of the scene they muct of forgot to add blood again orsomething...i dunno always thought it was funny.
I thought that movie was GENIUS. The fact that my husband picked it out said alot, too; he hates those "pretty boy" actors. I never noticed the blood, though. Oh well...just another excuse to rent that movie again. x)

Regarding Alicia Keys - a few years ago (I think around 2001) they hosted the MTV Music Awards at the Metropolitan Opera House in NYC which is a few blocks away from me. A friend nearby told me she spotted Alicia Keys walking around the area, and told me that in person she's really beautiful - but has really bad skin. To this day, when I see Alicia Keys and other celebrities who supposedly battle acne, I think to myself - gosh, it must be great to have make-up artists and computer technology to cover up every flaw. I wish there was a way to "edit" my skin in real life, wouldn't that be grand? Sometimes I wonder how Alicia Keys copes with all the public criticism.

Now, regarding the topic - I am not so observant of actors' skin on screen because most of the time, they have those fabulous make-up artists I spoke about, and it seems as if their skin is always flawless. But sometimes I do catch myself staring at others in the street, wondering, "Wow! She/he has great skin. I wonder what their regiminen is?" lol.gif

I can't help but wonder how bad her acne must be. I mean, she's uber-wealthy, which must mean she's tried EVERYTHING. Yes, I am assuming, but in my case, I *can't* try everything because I have a very limited income. Accutane isn't even a choice for me. I wonder if she's tried it and it failed her, and what else she's tried. =/

That's very true, though, about the makeup artists. Evidently, Keira Knightley has bad acne, but I would have never guessed. I wonder what other actors/actresses are keeping secrets from us. xD

As far as those people on the street with clear skin, I bet their regimen is NOTHING. Evil people with clear skin. -mutters- Seriously. My friend has gorgeous skin, rosy cheeks...and she uses stuff what would butcher my face, such as using soap or whatever is on hand. Unfair. xP

My husband is 28, has beautiful skin and lovely tone, and he doesn't even wash his face. Hell, he'll go days without washing his body, if he wants, and not have a single breakout. o.o

yea but you could hardly call brad pitt a prety boy actor in that movie. with the blood...its something u really gotta look for (ive seen that movie somany times)

I LOVE Fight Club, I own it. But, somehow I missed that... I will have to watch it again soon now

omg i love you right now...a cute chic that loves fight club

Aww :wub: <3

most high budget films in the US don't show acne at all, they spend lots and lots of time making sure there's not a trace of acne on anyone, except when the character's a nerdy teenage loser of course confused.gif
Right. Because, you know, only teenagers and villians get acne. xP That must get tedious and expensive, though, going frame-by-frame to erase a zit. Or several. Sheesh. o.o

xDD I actually want to see that movie. I got rather close to actually going OUT on a date the other night, but my husband decided to keep it an "at-home" date so we rented Pulse instead. W00t, it would've been a zit double feature! =o

I feel somewhat bad for Alicia, though. I hear she gets alot of rubbish because of her skin. What about the movie? Was it any good? x)

At least I'm not the only one who's insane about noticing zits in the movies. xDDD

I don't pay super attention, but I do pay slight attention.

Is that Keitaro in your avatar? My brother is a Love Hina nut and it's rubbed off on me. x)

Yeah, it's Kei-kun. Manga = great, anime, I give it a 1/10 in comparison.

yea but you could hardly call brad pitt a prety boy actor in that movie. with the blood...its something u really gotta look for (ive seen that movie somany times)
True. -nod-

Yeah, it's Kei-kun. Manga = great, anime, I give it a 1/10 in comparison.

=D Awesome.

Reminds me of the time we watched Osmosis Jones in Biology. Anyone who's seen it should remember the dreadful "zit popping" scene. I swear to god it was so fucking akward watching that in class when I was the only one with noticable acne.

my quick 2 cents,

are we any better than the people who judge us daily? We get mad that people cant leave us alone and not stare and judge and yet turn the corner and we are doing the same to others just cause theyre in the public eye. I just think its very hypocritical for some of you, SOME.

finding flaws in others to make yourself feel better about yourself is just as bad as putting someone down imo.

tho i can see why some of you would find solace in it, just remember to treat others as youd want to be treated :shifty:

(Someone spank me if I'm on the wrong board - but I think I'm on the right one. =o)

So I was watching Pulse last night -- I'm getting rather tired of Americans hijacking quality Japanese films then sodomizing them -- and I noticed something my husband FAILED TO SEE.

The disappearing, re-appearing zits! It was amusing. I don't know if it was the blue cast to the film that augmented the acne, or what, but there'd be a scene where the actress has this ginormous zit on her cheek, and the next scene: gone. I thought it might've been a mole or something, but no...the scene would change, and there'd be another zit on a different part of her face. (I mean no ill to the actress, of course.)

Has anyone else become hyper-observant of acne on actors/actresses as you watch movies?

not sure if its the right board or not but i'd love to spank you anyway sugarpie. :wub:

my quick 2 cents,

are we any better than the people who judge us daily? We get mad that people cant leave us alone and not stare and judge and yet turn the corner and we are doing the same to others just cause theyre in the public eye. I just think its very hypocritical for some of you, SOME.

finding flaws in others to make yourself feel better about yourself is just as bad as putting someone down imo.

tho i can see why some of you would find solace in it, just remember to treat others as youd want to be treated eusa_shifty.gif

Oh, well, that's not my motive. Honestly. =o Yes I look, but it's not like I call up Keira afterwards and gloat to her. It's more of a humanizing thing, an, "I'm not alone in this," sort of thing. And I find it to be more of an obeservation, rather than a critical assessment. I don't think less of the actress with her zits. That would be rather demeaning, don't you think?

And it doesn't make me feel better about myself. Clear skin -- now THAT would make me feel better about myself. xD

not sure if its the right board or not but i'd love to spank you anyway sugarpie. wub.gif

Oh my. x)