Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AliasJaneDoe

Spiro users, any advice?

I just started Spiro today (I've also been an Yasmin for a little over 3 months). I'm taking one 25mg pill every day. So, for all you Spiro users out there, any advice for me? All I've been told really is it's best to take the pill in the mornings (so you don't need to get up at night to use the bathroom).

But I'm wondering what to expect. Initial breakouts, peely skin, strange side effects...? Or maybe a miracle and I'll simply start to be less oily and clear up. Anybody care to share your experience with Spiro or have any tips? Thanks.

Hey,

I think I posted on another thread of yours about Yasmin. I have been on Yasmin for about 4 months and although things did get better, I was still having some breakouts around my chin area (hormonal). So I went to the derm. and he put me on Spiro as well. I started mine on Friday, Nov. 28 and I have already seen an improvement. There is no initial breakout with spiro. It is an anti-androgen so it binds to the androgens in your bloodstream which cause acne. I am on 50 mg. a day. Most people on other boards seem to be on at least 100 mg daily. I have already noticed an oil decrease but I have heard that it usually takes more around a month to really start noticing good results. Every person I've seen post about spiro seems to have positive results and good things to say so I am hopeful in taking this medicine!