Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ringledman

Any guy out there had acne longer than me?

From 14-27 and may still continue, though I'm not at all interested in 'winning'

My older brother who has also had acne, has outgrown his for quite a long time now. What the hell's my problem?!

Hey if you think you are going to grow out of it at 20 just because you are male you may be very wrong indeed - I have had Acne from around 15 to today at a very ancient 43, never real bad but always there for all those years - how very depressing.

I first got it when I was 19, at the end of my first yr at uni. I will be 34 this yr. So that's almost 15 yrs. Practically half my life. My skin problems started at the age of 16, when I started to get ezcema quite badly on my face. I honestly can't remember a time when I have not had to worry about my skin.

The eczema I feel was triggered due to extreme stress, as I was bullied at school and in the town where I lived, and my brother was a member of the gang and he used to beat me up at home too. Horrible times.

The acne was definitely due to diet, because I didn't discover alcohol until I went to uni, and I ate only highly processed and sugary foods during that first yr I was there - then my skin literally exploded over night. I slowly got on top of the acne so that it became mild (but persistant) all through my 20s. At the age of 30, my face was permantly red, due to having used steroid cream to deal with the eczema. Steroid cream ruins your skin. Over the last 2-3 yrs, I have turned my diet/lifestyle upside down, and both the acne and eczema are much improved - but I'm still not clear of either and don't really believe I ever will be! I'm in a much better place emotionally now though, I'm so used to having these problems, and there have been times when my skin has been much, much worse, that I honestly don't care anymore and it doesnt really affect me the way it used to.

I believe the older you get, the better equipped you are to deal with these things.

I had acne starting at about 15/ 16. It got moderate to severe when I was 21-22. Did the Accutane - worked great. Now I'm 31 and being attacked again. My Doc says it's stress (my mom and aunt got cancer at the same time). It fucking sucks. I'm so stressed about the acne - which makes the acne worse. Vicious cycle.

I may ask for a 2nd course of Tane if it doesn't calm down with the Clindamycin.

Well I'm pretty sure I'll have it longer then you...

I get acne from my father, and he has had acne since he was 13. He is 58 now and he still breaks out.. u.u

I hate my genes.... It's true what they say, you hate the ones you love...

I think I might win this! I've had it for about 23 years now!

Yeah but you are older than us so that doesnt count :lol:

I have had Acne from around 15 to today at a very ancient 43, never real bad but always there for all those years - how very depressing.

I think he wins now. :comfort: