Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I have traditionally used Neutrogena or Aveeno for the acne on my face. However, where I reside, the winter months are extremely cold and these acne medicated soaps cause my skin to become dry since I have sensitive skin.

As a result, I have been looking at other alternatives that will cause less dryness yet not cause me to breakout. I like using something out a container/ bottle for my face like neutrogena/aveeno products come in rather than bar soaps such as Dove. As such, I went to store today and saw they have have Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash in a bottle, I bought this product but now hesitant to use it on my face. I dont know if Body Wash means you arent supposed to use that on acne prone face??? I know Dove has a good reputation for with people that have acne yet dont want to use the acne medicated soaps, I know alot of dermatoligists reccommend Dove. I used to use Dove Sensitive Skin and it seemed to work fine.

If there are no other alternatives, I will go back to Dove Bar Soap but ideally I would like a containters. Also does a product have to explicitly state non-comodgenic to not cause breakouts or can products not say that yet will not cause breakouts. This Dove Body Wash doesnt say non comogenic...

Generally what soap do you guys think is best on someone who has mild/moderate present acne. Should you use some neutral dove soap then apply medications seperately or buy a soap specifically formulated for acne like neutrogena or aveenO?