Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xagatax

Bare Escentuals Pure i.d. Minerals Make Up

I used to use Cover Girl's Oil-Free Foundation to cover up my acne, but I noticed that my face was getting really greasy and oily by the end of the day. I also noticed that my acne was getting progressively worse.

Then I ran across Bare Escentuals Pure i.d. Minerals Make Up in November '06. I went to Sephora and bought it and I noticed a difference right away. I bought the Starter Kit which includes: 2 different shades of Bare Minerals foundation, 1 Bare Minerals Warmth which acts like a bronzer/highlighter, 1 translucent Mineral Veil for the finishing touch, a vitamin prep lotion, and 3 different brushes (Kabuki, Concealer, and Flawless Coverage). It cost $60 but here I am 3 months later and I still have plenty left.

This makeup is perfect for people who tend to have oily/combination skin. I can go the whole day without that annoying oilyness in my T-zone area now after using this makeup. The minerals also provide flawless coverage so you end up using less makeup than you normally would. It looks extremely natural as well--none of that caked on look you get from foundation. I also noticed that my acne cleared up a whole lot.

So I definitely will recommend this type of makeup for those people who suffer from oily T-zone, acne, or blotchy skin.

I just bought my mineral make up from there last month. I to am really liking it. It doesnt cause breakouts the way liquid make up does and I love how it covers up my acne really well. It also feelings better on my face than liquid make up. After an hour of wearing liquid make up I just wanted to wash it off but not with bare essentials mineral make up.

That is highly affordable and worth it, wait until you want to find better mineral makeup and shop online better deals!!!

BE sucked and wouldnt put it on my face again , i have oily skin , redmarks and mild acne , didnt cover much and made me sooo shiny after 30 mins of applying it and no my skin isnt VERY oily btw , but it made it more oily and yuck it was shimmery too , also the shades didnt match me at all..and broke me out a bit as well.

Iam using an online brand right now called AubreyNicole , i've ordered samples to find my right shade and to try their finishing powders and concealers , covered very well and didnt make me shiny at all , instead controled the shine and also they are cheaper than BE and have great products , also their ingredients in their mineral make up doesnt contain harsh stuff like BE =) , there is also alot more brands online that are cheaper and better.

Thats strange! I wonder why it did that to you and not me. There are areas of my face that are really oily especially my nose and it hasnt made my nose any more oily

Thats strange! I wonder why it did that to you and not me. There are areas of my face that are really oily especially my nose and it hasnt made my nose any more oily

Yeah, I've known people who either love BE or hate it. I'm thrilled with the results I see after using it. I don't experience any of the oilyness that you experience when using it. *shrug* It is true--what works for some doesn't work for others. It's all about finding the right product for you. Everyone's different.

I'm sure there are cheaper mineral makeups out there, but I don't really feel like experimenting with others, nor do I have the time to find a brand that I like as much as BE. For now, I'll stick with my BE. <3